The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

So I'm banned on RS?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:36 pm

Wow, Andy. Pretty strong words there bud. But I like the "Well the figures are real so that isn't an issue at all." Yhea they are real, but probally real fake. Like what was posted, the feet match up to a Kenner Snowtrooper and the paint looks alittle too glossy, which could be the photo. You brought up the deal I was talking about, the fake protos. This could've been another scenario just like it, but less money involved. What really got me was how fast he changed his mind about selling them after you said that it looked like it could be fake. And him putting them up for $40 bin, Rolling Eyes .

Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:08 am

Wow. I'm vindicated. Laughing

So this guy grew up in Turkey and picked up a fake Blue Stars from the local market. Smile Well, Gallo must have been fondling his uzays and missed this one. Maybe he should be banned for letting his community down. up yours
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:37 am

So the figure was a custom?Did the community of SW collector's save some pour soul of losing all his $$$
Will Ganja be reinstated to RS?
study study study study study
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:49 am

@vintageSWfan wrote:
So the figure was a custom?Did the community of SW collector's save some pour soul of losing all his $$$
Will Ganja be reinstated to RS?
study study study study study
authenticity yet to be confirmed, Andy will have to sit in the naughty corner for 2 weeks regardless Razz
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Thought Chris said he put it up for $40 BIN, wouldn't that confirm its fake?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:46 pm

No he said he was going to put it up for a BIN of 40 bucks had he not investigated Wink

I love this from Adam- " Am I right in saying Joe thinks its not real and Andy is still banned from the forum for smelling a rat? "

That's pure class lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:56 pm

I should've added the "going to" part. And I see some also spotted the odd look to the legs that I said. I never had a Blue Stars in hand, but that just looked off. But Leif_G did bring up a good point in it,

" If I had to guess, I'd say the cynicism isn't just that you're trying to literally sell a fake as real here, but that you might be trying to gauge the quality of a reproduction and collecting feedback to help improve the quality of a reproduction. But I may be way off. I just can't see any other possible reason to question your motives. "

Theres just too many good customizers out there who could come onto any forum and try to pass of their wears as legit.

Hey Andy, you got a new nickname now, Rat Catcher. lol!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Man I'm away for a few days and this happens...............

Well I'm going to give my 4 cents (2 sets of 2 cents) Very Happy

The Figure Itself

Personally I think it's bogus. The legs and feet aren't right which has been shown. The other part is the cape pegs. On my Blue Stars they are far less pronounced and his stick out like a Kenner snowtroopers. I always get apprehensive about calling out bootlegs and such just because you never know. I havent been exposed to any Blue Star besides my own so I have a sample of one to go by. I don't think this will ever make it to Derby. I might go so far as to say if this guy's not a scammer perhaps he got scammed into buying it somewhere.

The ban

This is one of those odd things that I agree with in principle but not in real life. It's the arguement that the idea outwieghs the use. What I mean is that the mod saying to cool it supercedes Andy possbily being right. It's like the end of Crimson Tide. Even though Denzel Washington's character was right about the war, he was still wrong for not following the rules. Andy was right to suspect something IMO. The number of sincere people who join with a grail are far outweighed by the scammers. It's a bitter reality. However a Blue Stars might be something that needs to be debunked by someone more UZAY familiar. So I personally would have questioned it but maybe not just assumed the worse soley based on the unique familiarity required to prove its real or not. Instead the poster was called out based purely on conjecture. Again not saying Andy was wrong but again a case of principle vs reality.

Last point is the ban itself. James did post to knock it off and Andy didnt (I never saw the original posts just the edits so I assume there was something pretty caustic that was removed) and got banned. It's a bitter pill to swallow, knowing you may be right but still suffering the consequence. But keep in mind WHY the ban was done. It has nothing to do with being right or wrong. It has all to do with not following the direction given by James pure and simple. Does it matter if Andy was right? In reality it should but in principle it doesn't. You went against the direction James gave. I have to be honest and say that if I gave a warning and someone didn't follow it I'd have done the same thing. I read James' replies and I will only say that my approach would have had an explanation into why I had to do this and what to take away from it. His approach was a little more adversarial which I personally don't think is productive.

I guess my question to Andy is if James banned you but sent and Email explaining that he asked everyone to tone it down and since you didnt he didnt have a choice, would you be as upset? Just to gauge, here is what I might have wrote:

"Andy

As I wrote in the thread, any more comments that were combative or abusive were going to result in a ban. I understand that people jumping into forums with grail items is certainly suspect but we have to at least give them a chance to either show their true colors or have members ask questions to get to the truth. By attacking we might not have access to a possible scammer , or fraudulent product. These are both things we need to keep an eye on.

I'm sorry to say that your account will be banned for posting in violation of the direction given. I understand the passion but rules are rules. The ban will commence now and go through Dec 5th. Email me then to lift the ban, and all is done and over with. You're welcomed back with open arms and no backlash of course."

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:18 pm

To add Andy i fully understand your sentiments bro after all the scams, rips offs like Rob Gratson Jawa39, the Scott Protoscam, billyboy Baggies plus countless smaller scale scams its hard not to get angry and frustrated when you see fellow collectors that you trust and consider friends been hosed by scumbags. Also there was certainly a few red flags when this guy first posted. The thing is if you fly in to hard you can potentially push people away i feel its better to go on a level playing field and try and get them to provide at much info as possible i.e pics etc that way you can try and determine for sure what the deal is (a little like whats happened in the RS thread).

Anyway its clear as day the figure is fake i trust Joe's assesment 1000% i have posted my thoughts on the thread. The guy has got knarcky now people are (rightly) stating its as fake as a 3 pound note. The fact he took his pictures down tells us an awful lot imo.

I guess the positive is the community is been made aware of the fake figure now. I just wished i saved his pics to my P.C i nearly did but forgot GRRR. Notice he only took some of the pics down i.e the ones that really helped show it was fake although the earlier pics that showed the feet area were clear red flags as well.

You cant discount that customizers will come with fakes to the forums to test them out on the experts its a perfect way for them to illicit key info that can be used to make thier fakes better (or worse for the genuine collectors) next time round Sad

I have had similar dilemas with the main Imperial Gunnery Weapon site i.e how much info do you put out there knowing that scumbags can use the info to try and create better fakes / REPRO's. Take DT's Sabers for example we have a large volume of infomation on them that enables us to quickly identify if a DT Saber is genuine or fake. However due to the fakers / scammers out there i couldnt ever (and wouldnt) risk putting that info out publically on the site. Instead we offer free authentication for DT Sabers should a member ever need it.

Jay

Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Jay you know what i think your right,you are amsart,these f'n scammer's are testing the sw community on how good their fakes are then look for improvment's on how to make there sht shtier.Why do these scammer's keep getting away with this bull.
Yes it's thanksgiving tomorrow iv'e started drinking already but still,Jay is right,scammer's that make fake stuff from scratch suck.I mean c'mon why would this guy try to make a fake blue stars and sell it as real that's ballsy. drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 drinking2 whack whack whack whack whack whack
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:12 pm

I definitely could have handled it more wisely. Honestly I was a little drunk when I 1st posted that night, but I was right, so fuck 'em.

FYI, the only thing I edited was "You Can Suck on Deez Nutz", which I felt was a little rough for RS, and thought that's what Gallo was upset about, but that's all I edited.

Probably right about it being a customizer/scammer looking for info to make his shit more scam friendly.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Deez Nutz lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:33 pm

To be fair guys if it is a fake Bluestars its the best i've seen, I've scoured my pics and found some evidence that lean towards it being legit too, the feet match up to a legit one sold a couple of years back so it could still turn out to be real IMO. Check out scum...the arms have the yellow and the feet arnt the usual thin type.

Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:28 am

I just saw this thread or I would have posted in it sooner. First and foremost, I completely agree with Andy that "something" just isn't right, even if his figures are real (and yes his ERG and Tie Pilot look 100% correct), there's just something staged, planned or otherwise off about this. I'm still on the fence about his Blue Stars being real or not.

As has also been mentioned he seems to know enough about the inner workings of the hobby & forums (Grading services etc) , and that it just seems awfully convienient that he'd find RS first out of all the SW collectors forums that he could have found to ask these questions.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that something, other than just potentially the figure, is off with this scenario.
If it were just me I'd think that paranoia thanks to my stalker was clouding my judgment.

As for the banning. Personally I think that James overreacted. Far worse gets said by other members (including myself) without such severe consequences.

Cheers
Joe

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:27 pm

https://2img.net/h/i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd479/Blue_Star_Turk/IMG_5427.jpg

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Congratualtions on that 85! Wow that's amazing. It's a great figure in it's iconic status alone, let alone the condition.

I'm glad you had the fortitude to see it through to conclusion. This hobby is filled with scammers so when someone is the real deal it's a shame that they can be subjected to such scrutiny.

Either way, congrats and hope you stay around!

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:15 pm

turkdlit wrote:
https://2img.net/h/i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd479/Blue_Star_Turk/IMG_5427.jpg

Very nice bro really pleased you got it graded / authenticated it looks superb!

I think in many ways the RS thread brought a lot of information and learning out and that's always a good thing Smile

Its also good to see that you have stuck around and caught the collecting bug Smile

Although in someways it was a baptism of fire both here in a way and RS as you have now been around a while im pretty sure you picked up on some of the challenges collectors face on a weekly basis with scamming, scammers, fakes in the hobby etc its certainly this climate that causes collectors to be on guard when suspicious situations arise. To many of us have either been ripped off directly or seen it happen to our friends.

I hope you stick around and of course your very welcome on the TIG Forum Smile

Have you picked up any additional bootlegs buddy?

Cheers Jay

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:10 pm

@jaymassive619 wrote:
turkdlit wrote:

Have you picked up any additional bootlegs buddy?

Cheers Jay

Thanks man appreciate it - and I totally agree w/you, the best thing to come out of it is a positive learning experience. Hopefully people can see some of the identifying characteristics of these figures which will help others in terms of identifying real/not-real aspects of Uzay's. I guess this is some sort of "thick-boot" Blue Star variant. I've noticed that the Uzay White Hothtrooper also has 2 different boots similar to the BS (a thin flat foot type and a thick, raised type).

I'm trying to pick up Uzay's as they come along...got 8 total now with some accessories, but the tough to find ones are eluding me (and everyone else!). There are several leads in Turkey which are pending. Also have picked up the odd Russian and Polish bootleg...nothing crazy...trying to stay disciplined with what I pick up Very Happy

If any one does have Uzay's for sale - send me PM, I've got a nice Paypal stash allotted just for that purpose Smile

Oh btw, my name is Mete, nice to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:14 pm

8 Uzays already??? WOW!!!

I think it's time for a limelight photo ! That's a hell of an achievement in such a time frame. Kudos. Who do you have and who do you need? Im actually curious about what accessories you've gotten. I know thats the tough part. I just got my first complete Uzay and I felt happy that I got it but sad that it showed how naked the others are LOL

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:22 pm

@Darthberizing wrote:
8 Uzays already??? WOW!!!

I think it's time for a limelight photo ! That's a hell of an achievement in such a time frame. Kudos. Who do you have and who do you need? I'm actually curious about what accessories you've gotten. I know thats the tough part. I just got my first complete Uzay and I felt happy that I got it but sad that it showed how naked the others are LOL

No limelight until I have them all! Which I realize could be decades but we'll see...

Like I mentioned the ones I'm missing are the tough guys - R2, R5, 3PO, Head Man, Death Star Droid, Imperial Gunner. These guys don't seem to come up often and I'm sure will stay locked up in people's collections for a good time. I'm hoping my contacts in Istanbul will come through (these are personal acquaintances not dealers).

As I've been saying over in RS - your Uzay's want to be in a good Turkish Home. They want to have grape leaves, kebap and baklava for dinner. Send them over to me and my wife's house where they'll be happy. I'll send paypal along with a parcel of homecooked Turkish grub Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:09 pm

turkdlit wrote:

No limelight until I have them all! Which I realize could be decades but we'll see...

Like I mentioned the ones I'm missing are the tough guys - R2, R5, 3PO, Head Man, Death Star Droid, Imperial Gunner. These guys don't seem to come up often and I'm sure will stay locked up in people's collections for a good time. I'm hoping my contacts in Istanbul will come through (these are personal acquaintances not dealers).

As I've been saying over in RS - your Uzay's want to be in a good Turkish Home. They want to have grape leaves, kebap and baklava for dinner. Send them over to me and my wife's house where they'll be happy. I'll send paypal along with a parcel of homecooked Turkish grub Very Happy

What other Turkish grub have ya got Mete? do they do Humble pie? Might find a couple of takers for a slice!! Very Happy

.............. before anyone gets their blasters out ,i'm just leg pulling.

Have to say, i've had a read through the thread on RS & here and my 1st impression was "screams of a scam" and I applaud Andy's (and other members/experts) for their stance on protecting the pockets of real collectors, i'm sure its not nice to be challenged when your legit but scammers are getting better and better all the time.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Hey Mete, welcome aboard and congrats on a high grade on the BS. Its good to see you still around collecting yet.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Glad it graded legit turkdlit. Wish you had thrown it on Ebay for a $40 BIN though Laughing Then you really would have had to "suck deez nutz" lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:07 pm

@GanjaFett wrote:
Glad it graded legit turkdlit. Wish you had thrown it on Ebay for a $40 BIN though Laughing Then you really would have had to "suck deez nutz" lol!

Oh man, I've actually thought of what would have been if I did that...not only would I have sucked nutz big time, I probably would have thrown myself out the window. *shudders at thought*
Back to top Go down
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:12 pm

@GanjaFett wrote:

lol! Nice 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm banned on RS?!   So I'm banned on RS?! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I'm banned on RS?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-