The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Well my ESB set started out at super mint moc's, but boy it was getting pricey so im lowering the standards a little.

I'd take the odd crease over a yellow bubble any day of the week mind.

A mint Sw 21 back fett, wow now that would be pricey lol
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Great new items guys!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Friday evening, finally some time to go slowly through all your new acquisitions. Starting from p.70 this time, luckily not p. 54 like Craig Very Happy.

• Javi: Congrats on the Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider. The loose figure is still on my want list. Nice to see that you own the figure on a minty card!
  • Emiel: That trilogo Ewok Village rocks!! I like the different art work including Wicket and Teebo. I did not even know aTrilogo variant existed till you told me about it. BTW: It was only yesterday I learned about the existence of a trilogo X-Wing. Is the trilogo X-Wing a rarer piece than the trilogo MTV-7?
  • Paul: Great pick-up, display stand + first 12 figures, which indeed look very minty. And what a nice extra bonus to have a Taiwan Leia included in the deal.
  • Shawn: Congrats on the Sise Fromm coin. Honestly I don't know too much about the Droids series and had to google this guy. Funny, It seems that the famous Vlix character was Fromm's head of security. I have a DVD at home with a selection of some Droids episodes. I might watch it this weekend, to understand the Droids series a little bit better.
  • Carl: Fifteen minutes ago I thought, well Carl managed to pick up two more coins, they look nice and minty but what else... Admitting being a total newbie on coins, I decided it might be a good idea to check internet for some more info, so I spent some time reading the coins guide on SWCA. An interesting read!! Besides the collector's value of your two coins is now very clear to me, congrats Carl!!
  • Paulitoy: Beautiful Trilogo Boba Fett you picked up there without the common paint loss on the helmet. Good luck finding the 4th variant, must be a cool sight to see them all four in a row.
  • Chris_J: A R2 cookie jar, that is a fun thing to see!! Maybe you can fill R2 with these Star Wars cookies.
  • Joe: Nice trilogo MOC with the usual skeleton like figure… WTF with a furry figure this time. Seriously the trilogo rocks.
  • Craig: Amazing review pal! Thanks for the compliments. And YES this was the Early Bird set which was on ebay recently. I obtained some more Early Bird goodies last week, and will show them later on.
    Oh man I like your Lili Ledy Jabba playset. I think you need a LL Luke Jedi soon to complete the scene Very Happy
  • Soren: Sweet baggies you got there, especially the Nien Nunb. Nice EV-9D9 MOC too!
    BTW: I know the great feeling to finally own the stuff which you wanted to have so badly when you were a kid. Is Star Wars collecting a way to revive one’s childhood a bit? I am not a shrink, but if so, it would be a nice side effect. BTW: In Denmark there were no mail away offers at that time? Luckily in Holland there were. You picked up some nice stuff from Collectormania?
  • Joe: Persistent research has lead you to a new discovery on 8D8 Trilogo cardbacks. Congrats and keep on the good research.
  • Del: Wow AT AT Commander MOC! If one day the slight yellowing starts to bother you too much, please PM me.

Thanks guys for showing off the nice goodies!! It was a pleasure.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi guys

I just love to see all you nice new buys.

Im kinda new to all this cardback stuff. When you talk about 65 cardback . I know that it a card with 65 figures on it. But when you guys come to the A,B,C etc. You loose me. I know its variations but...

Is there some where i can get a better idea what this is all about ?

Thanks

Soren

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Soren, this is the best thing to use.

http://theswca.com/images-speci/cardbacks/
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:02 pm

a new non biker scout addition for me, pretty happy about this one

as i found i pretty cheap and close to home so no shipping costs

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 DSC_0836
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Nice Tri, Jimmy. I wonder what the hole on the bottom was for. And what is this, everyone going Tri-nuts lol!
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:24 am

Maybe it's an Aussie Tri punch hole! Razz

Btw Chris got a lil' Cacooned Scouty yesterday! Very Happy Thanks dude, well chuffed. Will be posting it up soon but then you've seen it before, lol.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:22 am

Glad to hear he arrived, Hammie, and wasn't a victim to the RM package hoarders.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:24 am

Nice Jim - Shame someone punched a hole in the bottom for display but some people are just retarded so no point trying to figure it out!

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:25 am

OOh! Admin! Acquisitions thread split again! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:17 am

@Chris_J wrote:
Glad to hear he arrived, Hammie, and wasn't a victim to the RM package hoarders.

lol! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 am

@Chris_J wrote:
Nice Tri, Jimmy. I wonder what the hole on the bottom was for. And what is this, everyone going Tri-nuts lol!

Indeed a sweet trilogo Prune Face Jimmy!
I think it is a ventilation hole to get rid off the volatile compounds which are present in the plastic figure. You also see those in Lili Ledy MOCs. The only difference is that this one was made by a trainee on Monday morning after the long party weekend before. Very Happy

I picked up three ROTJ-c baggies.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 IMG_3250

In this way my dungeon set is pretty complete by now.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 IMG_3254

Furthermore I was very happy to pick up a SW-A baggie with Chewie and SW-D baggies with R2 and Leia for my Early Bird Mail away.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 IMG_3252

Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:45 am

Nice baggies dude, specially liking the Dark Blue R2! Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:01 am

Nice pick ups !

It took me a while to find klaatu skiff as a baggie when I was completing a 7 pack then almost as soon as I completed it loads more kept appearing!

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 am

@Dr Dengar wrote:
@Chris_J wrote:

Indeed a sweet trilogo Prune Face Jimmy!
I think it is a ventilation hole to get rid off the volatile compounds which are present in the plastic figure. You also see those in Lili Ledy MOCs. The only difference is that this one was made by a trainee on Monday morning after the long party weekend before. Very Happy

What, they ventilating cardbacks now? lol! Guess you didn't see the punch hole on the bottom of the card, Dr. D.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:17 pm

@Chris_J wrote:

What, they ventilating cardbacks now? lol! Guess you didn't see the punch hole on the bottom of the card, Dr. D.

Well actually I did, that's why I came up with the trainee explanation Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:02 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
@Chris_J wrote:

Well actually I did, that's why I came up with the trainee explanation Very Happy

doh Should've known. And I was just messing with you bud. 4 days off from work puts me in a good mood.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:01 am

No worries bro, keep on the good mood!!
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:34 am

@Dr Dengar wrote:

No worries bro, keep on the good mood!!

Feel the love man, feel the love! Razz
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:12 am

Lets see if I can try to keep up on all the great buys everyone is having. Smile

Joe, way to go on another 70c. Even if it is a reseal, it is great to know that the possibility is there of others out there. It is still a great story in how that just popped up in Carl's collection and how excited you were about it. Laughing Also, great to see your raffle prizes.

Del, that is a very nice card on the AT-AT commander. It is a shame on the yellow bubble, but he sure does look minty.

Jimmy, way to go on the Prune Face. It is always great to find a deal close to home. The colors on the card look excellent.

Doctor, congrats on completing the dungeon. I love seeing the sets like that with complete baggie figures and unused sticker sheets. Also, way to go on the EB baggies too. I'm hoping at some point to piece together one myself.

Here's my latest addition which was waiting for me when I got home from Thanksgiving. I've been anxiously awaiting its arrival for a little over a month now. I'm really happy to finally have a complete Young Jedi Knight mailer with the shipping box. cheers This particular mailer was at one time in the collection of the late Boba Fisher It was actually addressed to another Fisher family and then a label was affixed with Boba's address. I'm assuming he did this himself. I had considered trying to remove the label, but after learning of his passing and his importance in SW collecting, I'm going to leave it as is.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 Yjk

Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:58 am

That's awesome Shawn!!!

Great pick up and it comes with a great story as well! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Really nice to see it arrive Shawn, I think the link to Mr Fisher is quite important and considering his love for the hobby and indeed coins (thinking of his coin frame) it certainly ended up in a worthy collection of a coin collector and hobby "nice guy" such as yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Excellent! It finally arrived!

I was thinking I was going to have to say to you that it would be alright for you to hold to my "fish that got a way" a little longer but great news!

I didn't know about the the addressee and for the price you paid that has to be best buy 2010. It couldn't of happened to a nicer guy! Smile
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Nice addition Shawn

Hope you find the last coin soon as im looking forward to your full set limelight Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-