The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Wonderful addition, Shawn. Like RC said, great story behind it. I would leave it too, considering who it came from. Too bad I never met or spoke to Boba before he passed, I know I would've been like a little kid at story time again just listening to his stories.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Sorry peeps I missed a couple (at least it wasn't 20 pages again) of new purchases before I saw Shawn's cracking YJKM...

Del: Nice 47 Back mate TBH I would be pretty chuffed with that specimen. The Yellow isn't too bad to me and I didn't notice the edge until I read your description. Good luck with finding the rest mate.

Jimmy: Nice Tri, Agree with Chris: the Tri-logo MOC is the new Black! I can't believe that some one hole punched it though WTF.

Ham: Get that photo-up mate!

Marco: Read your opening statement lol. Back to your goodies though: the Dungeon Playset is very cool. I love seeing mint toys all laid out like that. I just notice the title on the box ... "The Jabba The Hutt Dungeon" - that's a fking mouth full ... What was wrong with Jabba's Dungeon? :scratch:

Marco2: (So cool you got a separate comment!) Awesome work on completing the EB mailer. That is some feit dude! A Job Well done!
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:13 pm

lol, patience Craig, waiting for a MOC to arrive and will post together. Should be in next couple of days. Wink
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Awesome mailer Shawn. Can't say I've ever seen one of those. Nice score.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 am

Well... seeing how I was called into work early this morning (midnight) I figured since I'm up, I might as well post an update. Very Happy

I received this on Monday and couldn't be happier with it. In fact, I think it's the first Kenner MOC that I have with the molded face RC in it (even though it's technically a foreign MOC Wink ). This is a US Kenner 65A with a white Clipper offer sticker.

Front:
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 Rc_whi10

Back:
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 Rc_whi11
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:43 am

gotta love Premies! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Very nice rebel commando Chris!! Congrats!
Shawn, i love That mailer dude
Nice stuff all arround lads
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:24 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180590721824&autorefresh=true

Have I done the right thing or not by buying this? Scam? Real? what do you think?

Thought I would take a chance.

Andy
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Awesome Clipper Chris! I know that's been a long wait too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:32 pm

@Ronniebiggs wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180590721824&autorefresh=true

Have I done the right thing or not by buying this? Scam? Real? what do you think?

Thought I would take a chance.

Andy
you should have asked Andy before you bought a fake Sad
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Are you sure James as I havent bought it yet?

It sounds and looks ok. From Mexico and he has sold some other top ledy stuff?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Theres been alot of those stripped down C-3PO's up as protos, mostly coming from Mexico. There was a thread on RS about those things earlier this year. Andy, hope you get it sorted with the seller either not finishing the transaction due to it not being real or you get your money back.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Dude if you not sure I would contact ebay to cancel the transaction. That got me out of shit when I stupidly bought a Blue Sabre Luke Jedi Baggie that was a reseal. I already comitted to buy and clicked buy it now. But After Shawn confirmed it was a fake, I went to the ebay page, logged in and sent a wish to cancel the transaction
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:42 pm

So they are figure which have had there paint removed? I would not have doubted the guy as his feedback is good and he has sold 2 removable hood jawas and a few other top figures so its not too far fetched to think he might have this figure if the others are anything to go by.

Dont want to send him an e-mail saying I want to cancel the auction if it is actually real.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:50 pm

He has sold about 6 removable hood jawas, maybe 3 burgundy cape bibs and red caped squids and he has sold various prototypes?
Only thing is either he is a mexican starwars dealer or he is a fraud. But all his figures are making top dollar.

What should I do. Go with it and asume real or assume fake and ask for my money back?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:57 pm

You gotta do your homework man! Sorry but its been like a whole year since you came on greener than a football pitch on RS, have you learned nothing in that time?! Who sells prototypes for under $100 if they are real, come on!

Just cancel the transaction, its as bent as George Michael mate.

Seriously though, for your wallets sake at least, ask first- it would have taken people here 2 minutes to tell you its fake, is it better to hit the BIN and ask later or ask before? Neutral

Last edited by Joe_O on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:02 pm

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7487

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7394
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:05 pm

BTW- I am sorry if I am coming on strong with this but you have the information and the people to ask at your fingertips , sellers like that are waiting for people with no idea to come along and make their day, don't be one of them when you are in a community that are here to help, and help they will but if you buy before you ask there isn't much you can do sometimes. Good thing at least you asked before sending any money.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Ye I agree im green but this was just a case of a random lili ledy search and it came up with 5 mins to go and I never had time to ask the questions. Plus sometimes I dont want to put the question out there as what if it is real. Then everyone else knows about it and we get into a bidding frenzy.

I did think that a real proto would be worth hundreds but as he has sold what he has I thought it wuld be worth a gamble. Still now im not totally convinced as he seems to have sold lots of rare stuff with no negative feedback for it. Likewise when he has sold something with a repro item he declares it.

And finally he offers a 100% money back guarentee so forgive me if I I overlooked the obvious but all the warning signs where not there. In fact it was the opposite.

I will contact him and see what he has to say but until I get a valid annswer from him I will with hold payment. Is there anyone who thinks there could be a shadow of truth in this or is everyone definate its fake as I dont want to miss an opportunity like this.
EDIT

Ok Thanks Joe I will contact the seller. I would have asked as I said but I bid with no time on the off chance. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:11 pm

The reason I get mad with this is just because I don't want anyone to get caught out by this piece of crap figure(s) on ebay, but as for the leg work, you must must must take the time to research the lines, the production process, the market prices for Ledys and prototypes, in short- apart from overstock unpainted limbs and torsos/figures you won't find any "ledy protos" they simply dont exist, perhaps a mold purge that could be considered a first shot but it's just crap plastic spun through the mold in all reality.

Nothing worth paying over the odds for and as I said at least you didn't pay!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:54 pm

If he still has it, I know Josh_T stripped some real beaters at on time and he came across one like it, along with some multi colored ones. All it takes is.....Never mind. Very Happy I wont let it out for more scum bags to use.

As a matter of fact, I think that sellers name has come up as selling fakes. Don't let the feedback fool you, Andy. Most who know what they are wont touch them, just someone who is inexperienced and new to the hobby will think they found a gold mine, not saying you fit in that catagory. But asking a question about a suspect figure is cheaper than buying it and finding out its fake later.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:56 pm

trust these guys. It's faker than shit. I would cancel the transaction, there was a reason there were no bids on it.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Check this out Andy -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7503

The guy in this thread showing off his Ledy Fett's (John Walsh) is called Bobaclarcfett on ebay, if you look at the sellers feedback (camacho) you can see that someone called Bobablarcfett bought a ledy fett from him recently, well, bobablarcfett is john walsh, and apparently the seller has enough prototype stripped c3po's to give him one as a freebie for his purchase!

If I post my honest feelings, I reckon blarc probably paid for that figure but if he did or he didn't it shows the sellers got a tonne of them and hes faking them himself.

Let us know you got out of the transaction ok mate
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:21 am

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagepopup.php?imagename=http:%2F%2Fthreads.rebelscum.com%2Fphotogallery%2Fwatermark.php?file=126011&imagewidth=762&imageheight=768
what colour 'prototype' would you like Wink
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:50 am

Here is todays arrival, a nice palitoy 45 bk twin stem black bespin guard.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 Pb266710

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-