The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Fantastic Craigy, a sight to behold! LOVE that proof.

Everything else too, amazing buddy.

Edit: only just noticed the LL Jabba. Spectacular!!
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Great buys all of you guys. You guys must travl the net to get all this nice minty stuff.

Craig T i love your huge post where evey one and evry thing gets a coment.

Im not the new baggi king . I can never come op on you guys level . But i like the baggies. As i never had them when i was i kid. The mail aways was only for the us . Not us kids in europe :-(

And now that im back into colleting and there is some thing called the internet where i can learn and buy any thing that i could not get back in th 80 and 90's.
Im of in the hunt for what i did not get back then.

Here is some of the new stuff i got.

Nice Baggie :-)
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 Plymobil018

Missing the Kenner mag. I can see that in the nice baggie guide here on the forum. Big Thanks to Shawn for the guide :-)
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 Plymobil017

Nice Lando MOC.
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 Plymobil019

And fanely a EV-9D9 i never had this when i was a kid and never seen it i real life . And now i got it on the most beautiful POTF cardback Very Happy . It is so mint that i have to post two pictures of it Very Happy
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 Plymobil020
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 Plymobil021

I hope you guys all have a nice weekend. Im of to http://www.collectormania.dk/ in a few hours . Hope to bring home some nice stuff :-)
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Great purchases everyone. Nice to see that the vintage stuff keeps coming to great homes.

Craig, which catalogue from Kenner is it? Could you post the SW related pics from it? It would be awesome Very Happy

Btw if making a trade, I want something more for a Luke Jedi MOC than just a patch Very Happy

PS The Empire book is fucking awesome. There are several pages with actual conversation between the cast and crew while making the Carbon freezeing scene and it's fantastic to read and gives you an excellent insight in the process of making a movie scene. During this Harrison and Carrie have a fight so it was not just on screen argument between the two of them.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:19 pm

Not had a chance to check this thread out for a few days.
some great stuff coming in all.
Nice to see some coin love!
Great first 12 stand too 12, reminded me i have to get another 1st 12 together for my stand i bought from Coco a while back...
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:54 am

More geat things to see and drool over!

Craigy - awesome post and great to see you back here on the boards - superb items from you, that LL jabba set is cool! And I love those Jim Rumpf mugs Cool I agree that "Don't call me Annie" poster is great fun lol. I'll be sure to hook you up with any Luke Jedi Pifs I see too!

Chris J - that's a brilliant R2 cookie jar and will look ace displayed! Top pickup!

Soren - nice mailer stuff and I see what you mean about the EV9D9 - that moc is super-super-super mint Cool

congrats all Smile

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:28 am

Nice pick ups Soren. The EV-9D9 looks great. I have the catalog for the Nien mailer if you want it to complete the mailer. I'll send you a message in a moment, bud.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Hey Chris... I will keep a look out for you and let you know if I see any Rumphs going mate. Do you need all three? And would you prefer them boxed or unboxed? Note: there are two versions of both Vader and Chewie. My Chewie is the 2nd version, the fur glaze colour is darker and the box has a sticker instead of a “x” marking the contents and that nasty plastic packing strap instead of sellotape securing the box. The second version of Darth is smaller than the first.

Cheers Paul! Any leads on any Luke Jedi Pif material would be class!

Hi Soren! That a great haul of MOC and mailer items! All are great and the “mailed” mailers are in super conditions. Well done to Chris for offering to help you complete Nien Numb too! Hope you enjoyed the collectormania!

Lol Tommie ... I was wandering if you would spot my cheeky comment! Though I’m glad you do have a price! The Brochure is Tom N’s 1984 Kenner Toy Fair Catalogue (216 full colour pages) that was issued to all retail toy buyers at toy fair and in private meetings. You certainly guessed correctly some of the images inside are awesome. I didn’t show it off in this thread as I am going to do a pread in the paperwork thread in the next couple of days maybe next weekend if work is too busy. BTW: I checkout the Empire at the local bookstore in town yesterday Tommie and it is awesome just as you said ... going to order a copy for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Some cracking buys guys.

@ Joe, so is that the start of the Tri Logo Focus?? Wink
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Maybe Razz

Chris - Etched bubble yep Smile

It's been refreshing buying non robotic figures for a change Shocked
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Craig, I need all three boxed, but I have to wait on those, mate. I've seen a few on Ebay and at over $100 a pop, I'm going to wait on them like I did the cookie jar. Thanks for the offer though. But if you run across an empty box for the cookie jar, I'm all ears. lol! I need it to finish mine.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:15 am

@Joe_O wrote:
Maybe Razz

Chris - Etched bubble yep Smile

It's been refreshing buying non robotic figures for a change Shocked

/me slaps Joe. Get a grip man! lol!

Nice Tri Wicket that you've added to the collection.

Craig, what a nice haul that is. I really like the proof with the alternate name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:39 am

Wow guys! Some incredible additions lately!

Too many to list... and Craig already did it for me! Wink
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Cool Wanted Poster Shawn.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:00 am

Lol Shawn, Classic m8!

Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:49 am

Nice handy work Shawn!

I hope you find your bounty!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:20 pm

A minor (or major Razz ) update from me-

The 70c is one hard card to find for 8D8 (and for some other trilogos- Nikto for example there is only one known) I didn't know one existed for 8D8 until Carl showed me the trilogo he had and he let me take it off his hands -THANK YOU!

Well, I found another one- bumping the known total to 2, the bad news is this is a reseal and quite frankly a bad one - it also has inked in edgewear and a hole in the cardback BUT - as cardback proof of the 70C variation existing in multiples its priceless to me - I am sure there are more out there but its one of these obscure variations that people don't tend to look for and only focus collectors care about (or tri collectors!) and in 2 years I have only seen these 2 (and rather geekily have saved pictures of pretty much all the 8d8 tris I have seen over the years)
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 70cs10
There they are side by side (reseal on the left)

Also I got my raffle figures through from Jay for the TIG 1 year raffle Very Happy

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 Dcam0812

Thanks Jay!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Yhea Joe, your going down the path of the Dark side now. I see more Tri-logos for you in the near future, so says Ali Baba Chris. bow Nice pick ups, even if the one is a reseal.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Ali Baba chris?? hah

You have some trilogos I could swindle out of your hands if you want the cash for more oddball purchases? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:04 pm

As a matter of fact, I got 6 of them. You know you want them. Twisted Evil I'll put them on reserve for you if you want them after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:06 pm

Pm coming Wink
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:58 am

Hey Joe, that great news!

I know what it is like to finally get proof of a particular card’s existence and although we would love the mintiest specimen possible, just some hard evidence is more than enough. I recently managed to pick-up a LJ Palitoy 65-B. I hadn’t seen one sniff of evidence for 2 years so holding a battered cut up (POP and Name missing) card was just as good to prove it existed.

I am glad you are enjoying the hunt for Tri’s too and hope Chris can make you a happy man with some fresh purchases.

Maybe you can start bloggin you Tri collection now whilst it is still in its early days ... it would be great to watch your collection grow and look back on when you reach your goals.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:33 am

Thanks Craig - I might wait till I get the first bundle through (still waiting on them to arrive) but I would be up for updating a blog - not done one before and what better thing to talk about than MOC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:03 am

Todays arrival, AFA85Y 47 bk At AT Commander.
Not sure if he's a keeper or one im going to flip due to the yellowing but he does look pretty nice.
The only real damage to the card is along one edge and looks like before grading hes had a scrape from an acrylic case.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 Pb196710
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:24 am

@Craig T wrote:
Hey Joe, that great news!

I know what it is like to finally get proof of a particular card’s existence and although we would love the mintiest specimen possible, just some hard evidence is more than enough. I recently managed to pick-up a LJ Palitoy 65-B. I hadn’t seen one sniff of evidence for 2 years so holding a battered cut up (POP and Name missing) card was just as good to prove it existed.

I am glad you are enjoying the hunt for Tri’s too and hope Chris can make you a happy man with some fresh purchases.

Maybe you can start bloggin you Tri collection now whilst it is still in its early days ... it would be great to watch your collection grow and look back on when you reach your goals.

I know exactly how you both feel with the minorest of variants meaning the world to us focus collectors. When I found my Palitoy 65A earlier this year it was the first time that I had not only seen one but it was proof that it existed. And its now safely in my collection. Flaws and all. Smile

Congrats to both of you for acquiring some awesome new pieces!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Way to go on your finds Joe and nice At At Comm Del.

I'm picky on my loose figs but I've learned to accept flaws on MOC. They're just too hard to find and too expensive for minty MOC. If its its a major grail item for me, then I'll look for a nice one, but if its just for display and looking cool, then a couple veins or edgewear isn't really bothering me anymore. One of these days I'm gonna pick up a 21 back SW Fett in mint condition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-