The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:29 pm

@rebojazz wrote:
I know a couple of you here are on the bootleg Boba Fett prowl so here are my two Mexican/SA Fetts that I got late last year.... not to be a tease Wink

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 MexicanFetts

Nice Steven! One of those looks like it's painted like Superman or something.
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
@rebojazz wrote:
I know a couple of you here are on the bootleg Boba Fett prowl so here are my two Mexican/SA Fetts that I got late last year.... not to be a tease Wink

Nice Steven! One of those looks like it's painted like Superman or something.

Wow great purchases everyone.

And i think the one Boba looks like Captain America. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Emiel: Congrats on the very minty playset. It even looks like the background cardboard has never been folded!

@Capetown wrote:
Thanks guys. And thanks Marco for looking out for me in Utrecht. I will try to join you there in November this year.
It would be cool if you could join next November!

Dallas: You starting to have a nice polish bootleg collection!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 Sw

...and after all that bootleg violence there is finally some room for normal vintage. Very Happy
I like your Ben variation with the deep dark eyes, never seen him before. And wow, a short mouth bikerscout!!! Welcome to the Ledy club! welcome

Steven: Congrats on the two Fetts. I like the Fett on the right the most, his color scheme reminds me somehow to a Marvel figure.

I picked up this Takara R2-D2 last Saturday at a collectors fair in Utrecht.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 IMG_4322

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 IMG_4323

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 IMG_4326

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 IMG_4327

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 IMG_4328

You can imagine how happy I was to discover this little gem which was squeezed between boxes of modern stuff.
Inside R2 there is a slide viewer with scenes from New Hope which you can watch via the lens opening. By rotating the head you change the image. The images appear a bit reddish similar like the Kodak effect which adds a lot to the vintage feeling.

Here you can find some more info about this R2-D2.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Steven- Those Fetts are pretty sweet. Again I llove bootlegs because there is always something new to see. Are they the rubbery ones like my Walrusman?

Dr. D- That R2 is really pretty sweet. It must have been even sweeter to find it "in the wild" too.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Marco - that's an awesome Takara! Wish I could stumble across something like that! And sorry to torment you with the bootleg violence Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:26 pm

very jealous of you now, marco! did you get a good deal on it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:28 pm

@rebojazz wrote:

Really jealous. Nice pair of fetts.

Dallas- no problem buddy, fett happens.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 pm

Marco - that's an incredible Takara R2D2!!!

A very hard item to find
Back to top Go down
stealthboy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
stealthboy

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:46 am

Trying to finish a 12 back set - halfway there! Here's my latest - Princess Leia. The bubble is a bit crushed at the top, but I'm not looking for a pristine set. So far I have Vader, Leia, C-3PO, Jawa, Tusken Raider, and a Stormtrooper.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 3tVxb

Naturally, if anyone has any 12-backs of less than stellar condition that you'd like to sell, please PM me!
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Some outstanding new additions guys,congrats to all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:33 am

here is my recent acquisition LL MOC 100 % original ADMIRAL ACKBAR!! ..... ....It Cost me a little fortune, the carton and the figure are just amazing... but you can see the only "BUT"..... anyway another great find!!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 Ackbar11
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:09 am

Really nice Ackbar, Merlin! Funny it just hit me that the name plates on LL's are off to the left and not centered like the rest. Guess I just never noticed.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 am

@rebojazz wrote:
Funny it just hit me that the name plates on LL's are off to the left and not centered like the rest. Guess I just never noticed.
Embarassed me either, just checked my cardbacks & half are centered ??
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:33 am

Some are, some aren't centered Smile

Nice Ackbar!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Some killer additions guys. I know this isnt all that great, but it fits in well with the animation cells for the Ewoks.

Complete counter display unassembled. Also came with shelf talkers and original shipping box.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:34 pm

mighty cool Chris!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Nice Ackbar mate! any chance of a pic of the back?
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:06 pm

Nice shelf talkers Chris. Ewoks stuff is so goofy I think I like it...
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Just picked up this hollow tubes Tusken. My first one. Paint isn't the best but it's good enough for me and the price was right.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 DSC03229
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:41 am

Lots of great buys everyone. This thread really is one of the best.

Emiel, the hoth playset looks like it is fresh from the factory. Another fine addition to your focus.

Dallas, That's a really nice lot of bootlegs you picked up. I think the dark brown chewie is my favorite. Also, the loose figures all look to be in top notch condition.

Rebo, the Fetts look really nice. I love the graphics on the header card on those.

Dr., I love the Takara R2. Takara did some really creative things with that little droid and I think I myself would love to get one or two pieces someday.

Stealthboy, The 12 back Leia looks great to me and seems like a great way to go to put together a 12 back set on a budget. I look forward to see you continue that run.

Merlin, the Ledy Ackbar looks superb.I don't think i had really noted the off center name plates either.

Chris, that Droids/Ewoks display is great and will compliment the cels nicely. I might have to keep an eye out for one of those.

Dallas, the HT Tusken looks good to me. The gaffi stick looks like a cane. Laughing

I bought this a couple weeks ago and was glad to have it show up Friday. This multipack, was exclusive to only one retailer, Montgomery Wards, which makes it a little tougher to track down. This was actually the first time I'd seen one come up for sale, so I was really happy that I won it.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 Multipack3

This completes my U.S. Luke Jedi multipack run (boxes anyway), so here's also a photo of them all together. I've still got to find a few of the baggies to fill the boxes.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 Multipacks

Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:56 am

Good catch Shawn! Does this one contain the figures? Looks like it's sealed?
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:00 am

@Capetown wrote:
Good catch Shawn! Does this one contain the figures? Looks like it's sealed?

Thanks! It was opened and didn't have any of the baggie figures. It did come with some mismatched loose figures though.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:53 am

Ah, well sounds like a fun challenge to find the correct baggies anyway. Did it contain rare baggie variants?
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:29 am

Great pick ups lads.

Shawn nice mailers . I have never seen them before.

rubberlike has a chief chirpa baggie for sale / trade right now on RS.

I have a Made in Maccao Logray for sale.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 am

@Capetown wrote:
Ah, well sounds like a fun challenge to find the correct baggies anyway. Did it contain rare baggie variants?

The majority of the baggies in these are pretty standard. The main exception is the first 3 pack (Luke, Boushh, Lando Skiff) and the 8 pack are known to sometimes contain a blue saber Luke and luckily I picked up that baggie last year. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!! - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 4!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-