The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Some good questions, Steve.

I don't know much about baggies, so hopefully others can chime in to answer your questions 1 + 2.

About 3.

I wonder which figures were released in MIM baggies. I know of Logray, Squid Head, Boussh, Gammorean Guard. All figures which were released on MIM cards too. More figures?

There were also reports of a Ledy Bib Fortuna in a baggie w/o any text. At least this figure did not appear on MIM cards.

https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3170-help-identifying-a-bag-o-bib-fortuna?highlight=fortuna

I read somewhere else that this bagged Ledy Bib might have been a part of woolies 8 packs .

Did someone else read this too and has a link? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:41 pm

If I may add some thoughts:

1. I have saved a few pictures of this so called "big head" variant over years. I think its not even nearly as rare as the 1978 R2!!!! I have also one myself and honestly just noticed because of the recentz ebay auctions!...LOL

2. I dont would call him a variant! I havent checked but IMO this just looks like a head from a rem limbs 3PO. So it would be sth that got mixed up and therefore a factory error.
I havent checked closely but will do soon.
Even though it is not abot mixing up heads it is a factory error because it just makes no sense otherwise. It must be some deformation while producing this one! (Could imagine pullig it out of the steelmold too soon)
It absolutley makes no sense to have
a) a unique mold for that while producing normal heads.....besides LL has no unique molds (besides MIM figures)
b) introducing this unique mold between three-line coos and later 2-line coos. So changing the mold all the time
etc, etc

....its a mixed up head or an factoy error to me!


3. The big head not always has a hole in the back. And whole in the head is also existing with small heads!!!

Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 42
Location : Utah, U.S.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:22 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Some good questions, Steve.

I don't know much about baggies, so hopefully others can chime in to answer your questions 1 + 2.

About 3.

I wonder which figures were released in MIM baggies. I know of Logray, Squid Head, Boussh, Gammorean Guard. All figures which were released on MIM cards too. More figures?

There were also reports of a Ledy Bib Fortuna in a baggie w/o any text. At least this figure did not appear on MIM cards.

https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3170-help-identifying-a-bag-o-bib-fortuna?highlight=fortuna

I read somewhere else that this bagged Ledy Bib might have been a part of woolies 8 packs .

Did someone else read this too and has a link? :scratch:


Here's a Nien Nunb to add to the baggie list. So far it does seem to correlate with the MIM cards with the exception of that mentioned Bib.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Nunbmi10
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Posts : 5371
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 49
Location : UK

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Thanks for the responses Marco & Shawn. Very Happy

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Some good questions, Steve.

I wonder which figures were released in MIM baggies. I know of Logray, Squid Head, Boussh, Gammorean Guard. All figures which were released on MIM cards too. More figures?

There were also reports of a Ledy Bib Fortuna in a baggie w/o any text. At least this figure did not appear on MIM cards.

https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3170-help-identifying-a-bag-o-bib-fortuna?highlight=fortuna

I read somewhere else that this bagged Ledy Bib might have been a part of woolies 8 packs .


Leia Boussh on MIM card?

With regards to the possibility that Ledy Bibs were available through Woolworths, for what it's worth my loose one was purchased in the UK (I spotted it among a lot of 'standard' common figures). It was not advertised as Ledy, and the seller did not appear to be a collector or professional dealer. I have also seen another example 'slip under the radar' in recent months. So, could it be possible that this figure was available in the UK? Interesting!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:20 pm

@Wolff: I didn't think about the possibility that the big head was 'borrowed' from a RL C-3PO. It is an interesting idea, and indeed it would be good to test whether the head of the RL C-3PO is indeed larger.

@Shawn: Thanks for adding Nien Nunb to the list of Ledy figures which appeared in baggies.
More figures? Klaatu?


@cantina_patron wrote:


Leia Boussh on MIM card?

With regards to the possibility that Ledy Bibs were available through Woolworths, for what it's worth my loose one was purchased in the UK (I spotted it among a lot of 'standard' common figures). It was not advertised as Ledy, and the seller did not appear to be a collector or professional dealer. I have also seen another example 'slip under the radar' in recent months. So, could it be possible that this figure was available in the UK? Interesting!

@Steve: LOL, you are right, Boushh was not released on MIM cards. I think I should start reading this thread a bit better. Very Happy
Interesting info about the Ledy Bib appearing in the UK.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Isn't there (besides MIM figures) also a 3PO rem limbs bagged existing??

I remember Dan wanting one from Joe_Y.....huge mess....anyway: He is the man to ask for pictures I think.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Posts : 5371
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 49
Location : UK

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:21 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:


I read somewhere else that this bagged Ledy Bib might have been a part of woolies 8 packs .

Did someone else read this too and has a link? :scratch:

Found it Very Happy Page 50 of this thread, posted by Rog.

Rog wrote:
'Hey Jeremy,
I'd guess your Bib (cape) was from a baggie similar to these:
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3170p15-help-identifying-a-bag-o-bib-fortuna
'I' owned two of these 'Ledy' Bibs from when I was a kid. I'm pretty certain mine came (baggied) from the "Palitoy/Woolworth" multipacks my Uncle bought my brother and I, along with a similar Logray & Lumat each & a few other figures.
Back 2006ish? Marcus (blutch) & I compared them with his Ledy Bib from Mexico and IIRC they differed slightly. 'My' two Bibs (& your cape) seemed to be neater / better made, and the paint apps. on the figure were a little different (somehow?) – unfortunately I've lost the emails with the details comparing them. Back then we wondered if they were some sort of MIM variant (made specifically for distribution outside Mexico), or perhaps something to do with PBP, or just some weird better quality overstock ?????'
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:29 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
Isn't there (besides MIM figures) also a 3PO rem limbs bagged existing??

I remember Dan wanting one from Joe_Y.....huge mess....anyway: He is the man to ask for pictures I think.

I think Dan was aiming at another Ledy baggie at that time.... Very Happy

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Dia77-1
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 pm



Steve, thanks for digging that Bib info up!!! Very Happy


Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:40 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
@wbobafett wrote:
Isn't there (besides MIM figures) also a 3PO rem limbs bagged existing??

I remember Dan wanting one from Joe_Y.....huge mess....anyway: He is the man to ask for pictures I think.

I think Dan was aiming at another Ledy baggie at that time.... Very Happy


So it was all about only the net???? Razz LOL...I always thought it was about the whole figure bagged.....sorry for confusing anyone here.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
broosevelt
New User
New User


Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-08-14

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:30 pm

@rattlesnaketoys wrote:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Llcloud

My favorite was always the Cloud Car Pilot. Even before I decided to collect Ledy's, I wanted the CCP because of the color difference. It was this figure that got me started on collecting foreign variants.

I clicked on something that said my vote has been cast. whatever i did it was a mistake, sorry
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:50 am

@broosevelt wrote:


I clicked on something that said my vote has been cast. whatever i did it was a mistake, sorry

welcome to TIG Roosevelt, you have just voted Obama. Very Happy

Seriously: You probably pressed + (or -) in the top right corner of a post, resulting in a small vertical green (or red) bar. In this way the poster gains (or looses) reputation points.

I pressed + in your post, to give an idea.

Curious: Do you collect Ledy as well?

Cheers

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
broosevelt
New User
New User


Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-08-14

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:08 am

I have a lot of reallly nice vintage figures, but as for Lili Ledy, I only have Yoda and Klaatu. I like the Yoda variant because his face is darker green and I like the Klaatu variant because his loin cloth is more furry. I I love the colors of the Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot and I would love to get one. Do you know anyone who is selling one?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Posts : 7732
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 47
Location : Western Australia

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:35 am

@broosevelt wrote:
I love the colors of the Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot and I would love to get one. Do you know anyone who is selling one?
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1508-fs-lili-ledy-complete-figures
Back to top Go down
jawa.57
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
jawa.57

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-04-22

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:10 am

hi everybody

i check my rebo band,
i have the LL piano but under this i have a black code,
and the skirt to snootles is flexible

but i see here for the piano, no black code and not flexible skirt
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Posts : 7732
Join date : 2009-11-12
Age : 47
Location : Western Australia

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:25 am

^^
Can you put up some pictures ( side by side with Kenner will help )

The Ledy skirt is darker & less flexible than Kenner:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Downloadedct09112-1
Stu's picture
vs mine:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 SDC11810
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

Posts : 588
Join date : 2010-03-22
Age : 47
Location : Mexico

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:47 am

@wbobafett wrote:
If I may add some thoughts:

1. I have saved a few pictures of this so called "big head" variant over years. I think its not even nearly as rare as the 1978 R2!!!! I have also one myself and honestly just noticed because of the recentz ebay auctions!...LOL

2. I dont would call him a variant! I havent checked but IMO this just looks like a head from a rem limbs 3PO. So it would be sth that got mixed up and therefore a factory error.
I havent checked closely but will do soon.
Even though it is not abot mixing up heads it is a factory error because it just makes no sense otherwise. It must be some deformation while producing this one! (Could imagine pullig it out of the steelmold too soon)
It absolutley makes no sense to have
a) a unique mold for that while producing normal heads.....besides LL has no unique molds (besides MIM figures)
b) introducing this unique mold between three-line coos and later 2-line coos. So changing the mold all the time
etc, etc

....its a mixed up head or an factoy error to me!


3. The big head not always has a hole in the back. And whole in the head is also existing with small heads!!!



Great info Wolff!!!, as always. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 am



Wolff: did you already have an opportunity to make comparison pics between the RL and bigg head C-3PO?

Just to confirm/exclude the possibility of a head swap?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:50 am

rebelscum wrote:
After consulting with some Lili Ledy experts at Celebration VI, the popular opinion on the auction we spotlighted a while back may actually simply be a regular two-piece Cloak & Hood Jawa, that due to its position in the blister makes it appear to be different. Despite all of this, it still makes for a cool collectible, and worth a peek for anyone interested in International vintage variations. What do you think? Let us know!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/eBay_Today_Lili_Ledy_Jawa_With_Attached_Hood_Update_147715.asp



Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:01 am

@Dr Dengar wrote:
rebelscum wrote:
After consulting with some Lili Ledy experts at Celebration VI, the popular opinion on the auction we spotlighted a while back may actually simply be a regular two-piece Cloak & Hood Jawa, that due to its position in the blister makes it appear to be different. Despite all of this, it still makes for a cool collectible, and worth a peek for anyone interested in International vintage variations. What do you think? Let us know!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/eBay_Today_Lili_Ledy_Jawa_With_Attached_Hood_Update_147715.asp




Muhahahahha....so Afa has labeled it wrong!! Where is the thread on RS announcing this now!!!!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:01 am

@Dr Dengar wrote:


Wolff: did you already have an opportunity to make comparison pics between the RL and bigg head C-3PO?

Just to confirm/exclude the possibility of a head swap?


Sorry....no. I was sick and have to work a lot these days Sad...bad combination!



Last edited by wbobafett on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 pm

@wbobafett wrote:


Sorry....no. I was sick and have to work a lot these days Sad...bad combination!

No worries mate, just take it easy, no need to hurry! Very Happy



@wbobafett wrote:

Muhahahahha....so Afa has labeled it wrong!! Where is the thread on RS announcing this now!!!!

It is here: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083008-3/

And here is Shawn's pic from the CVI presentation:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawn-kemple/7846937048/in/set-72157630393378388


Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 1:31 pm

I had a few minutes. Here is what I have:

1. REM. Limbs
One has chubby face, one has slim face

2. Fixed limbs
7 have small face one has chubby face

My guess is still: The heads got mixed up between those 3PO variants! The chubby head from the rem and the fixed limbs figure are the same mold. Same on the slim faces on both figure variants!

I really would say these are just mixed up heads! It even woukld make sense that these seem more rare on the fixed limbs because the rem limbs was only produced later. But that I also have both head variants on the rem 3PO makes it 99,9999% for me: Mixed up heads!

(well and if not.....I have them both on both figures Very Happy )

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:24 pm


That helps a lot. Thanks Wolff!

A neat factory error. Interestingly it woud indicate - as you suggest - that both C-3PO versions were produced in paralel at least for a certain while within the Ledy factory.

Actually I never realized that the Ledy head sculpts of the original and RL C-3PO are that different, i.e. normal vs 'pancake' head.

Lili Ledy did not use unique steel moulds for these two figures, so I guess the same differences for the head sculpt can be seen when comparing Kenner original and RL C-3PO figures?

Do you expect that these head swaps could therefore also exist for Kenner figures? Maybe to get rid off overstock heads?
Think about the US '78 R2 figure with (overstock) R5 body.

https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4605-r2d2-with-1978-hong-kong-stamp?highlight=R2D2+no+COO

Interesting stuff! Very Happy



Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Mosh
New User
New User


Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-09-11

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi,

My name's Mosh. I'm Mexican and I grew up in the eighties with Star Wars toys, most of them Lili-Ledy, of course. I'm no expert but I see that you have many questions and apparently it's not that easy for people in the US to get a grasp of those figures. If I can be of any help, I can upload images of my figures so you can look out for differences, satisfy your curiosity or whatever you may fancy. Now, I don't own every LL figure that appeared, but some of them yeah, of course. And most of them have their original weapons and accesoires, but I'm missing some (as you can easily see in Yoda's example).

These are my figures. Just please ignore the Snowspeeder, Bossk and Han Solo in Bespin fatigues, since those are Kenner... (I'm not really sure about Han's origin, come to think of it!). And of course, ignore the X-Wing pilots on the far left, in the background. The LL figures which cannot be completely seen in the shot:

C-3PO
Ree-Yees
Luke in Jedi knight robe
Y-Wing fighter

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 7842622374_8da9f93fc8_b

It's not that difficult to find old LL figures here in my city, as you can see on this picture I took two days ago...

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 XnrJd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-