The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  Empty
PostSubject: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:40 am

Let's start this off by saying I'm not referring to a person shipping an item in a day, a week, etc.. I'm just referring to YOUR feelings.

Whenever I buy something, I start getting all giddy as I see the mailman coming. From the minute I send the paypal I literally can't wait for something to arrive. On the flip side of that, I know buyers who can wait for months before even opening a package (one might even be here, might even be a mod, might even be named..i don't know....Tim geek ) and I am equally impressed and confused at how you tear into it like Oprah on a baked ham.

So my question is about your habits. Do you wait like Ralphie in a Christmas Story for his Ovaltine decoder? Do you say "When it gets here it gets hetre"? Somewhere in between??

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:55 am

I'm pretty patient waiting for things. Post can take ages to get to me. First class, priority it doesn't matter what method, it's always too long for me to stress over. But as soon as it gets here it's opened. If I'm at work & my wife gets it, she knows to open it & call to let me know what it is Smile If it's a 'grail' type piece I'll get a bit edgey waiting.
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:31 am

i literally count the seconds from when i paid untill it arrives..... kills me waiting for stuff, just got my copy of the making of star wars today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , got 3 lots of goodies coming from the US. cant wait.

Again on the other side of the coin i try to ship as soon as possible when i do sell anything and let the buyer know its on its way.

Andy
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:28 am

I think a lot of the enjoyment of collecting is actually getting stuff in the mail, you get that little kid feeling.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:05 am

I've always loved getting things in the post, but lately I seem to have developed an obsession with checking tracking numbers daily, even if an item isn't late- I blame this on the slow shipping bug thats going around with some people and the post delays ...

To pick up on what Billiam said - yes, it really is half the fun getting an item you paid for in the mail, otherwise we wouldn't buy it, unfortunately sometimes REALLY slow shippers forget that and the enjoyment can sometimes be lost in the wait. At least when things finally turn up its normally all good again but waiting sucks balls.
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:31 am

I am obsessed with checking the USPS app on my phone 7 times a day.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:41 pm

If its coming in from overseas, I got a bit more patience compared to if its inland. But when it arrives, the package is shredded as fast as I can go. Like today, I got 5 boxes in and the contents are now laid out so I can look at it all like a kid at Christmas. I'm also bad about checking tracking everyday until it arrives, even packages I sent out.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:02 am

Totally with you guys. I'd have to say that with me, I set a day in my mind that the package should arrive. I take into account who the seller is, whether its a ebay or forum purchase, where its shipping from, etc. If its early, its awesome. If it's right on time, I think I'm pretty awesome for the good guess. And when its late, its still awesome, but when its real late, I'm checking tracking, getting real anxious and like Joe said, "it sucks balls".

:bong:

Last edited by GanjaFett on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:44 am

I am still a big kid at heart and can stop thinking about a new purchase until it arrives... I'm like Joe I literally check the tracking updates all the time just to see if it's moving. But I hate it when you get the "radio silence" on the tracking site for a few days when USPS says item "Dispatched to International Destination" and you have no idea where it is.

My excitment when it turns up affects the lads and ladies in work... they know how nuts I am about Star Wars and kinda get excited when a package turns up in work and all come round to see what it is. Isn't it wierd how our passion for Star Wars will effect people who wouldn't otherwise care a flying shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???    Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you get obsessed waiting for items in the mail???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-