The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome)   TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:37 am

There's no much to say after Joe's comments...

I don't give importance to the "Clipper" effect. They have imported so much stuff that you can find it everywere on every card. You can find cards with the "New offers" yellow star sticker combined with the Parker "Maker of the Monopoly" white sticker on the front, but again, worthless....or just "cool" as Joe said.
Only the condition of the card really matter. It's pristine with the small bubble variant. It's hard to say at first sight if it's a Meccano or a Palitoy production as both companies used this bubble. The back of the card should tells you the origin. If it has a granulated finish, sure it's from the French factory, on the contrary, a UK phase 1 production...

Definitively a nice Tri card to have...

JC
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome)   TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm

All that said, Clippers *are* cool- it just depends on the person, for character collectors its just another fun variation to track down.

I don't think many collectors would actively seek a clipper out unless trying to get Tri variations-however its a nice bonus if you do find one Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome)   TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:29 am

Thanks for the input guys. Top quality as normal

I had a look at the back under a spot light it granualated so its another Meccano then.

Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome)   TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:15 pm

I just bought this lovely lady. Princess Leia with small blister and Macao sticker. CanĀ“t wait to have her in my own hands.
You can find easy 7 pictures of Madine owners, but I have found only one picture of a Macao Leia in the web.
Question to all Trilogo collectors...is this Leia really that much rare?
I have this Leia never seen before, until I bought the figure.
TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome) - Page 2 Leia_s10
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome)   TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Awesome pick up Mike!

Most if not all the trilogo issued figures were available in France so they all stand a good chance of being on a macao stickered card (especially the earlier ones) but I have never seen a Leia- hard to find on a normal card let alone a French one !

Great score Smile Hope it was a nice price also!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome)   TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRILOGO - BEST RAREST VARIATIONS - (Pictures welcome)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-