The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

POTF / Last 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Now that I've completed my loose SW - ROTJ collection I'm ready to start what seems like a daunting task of a loose last 17. So having said that I've gotten a jump start with a minty Lumat w/ coin and have an Anakin on the way. I'm looking for C-8 ish condition and will worry about the coins later. Which of these will be the hardest to track down and what kind of $$ are we talking about here? I've seen the Luke Stormies & Carbonite Han's going for around $85. Is this about right? Also seen Baradas for around $50. I know these are hit or miss but I need to get a feel for prices to set a plan of attack. If they really are this much normally I'm thinking 1 figure every 3 months or so.

Any thoughts? All input appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:35 am

That's great news that you are starting to take on your last 17.

I finished mine in 97(ish), so I have no idea on todays prices sorry. But with eBay and online classifieds it should be much easier for you to pick-up.

And with the wide range of choice, you can be a bit fussy on the condition of each one. I think it would be wise spending a say the 3 months you have already planned to set aside in between figures to do your research on each piece.

Maybe think on what figure you would like to get first. Then just "watch" every auction on that figure and note down the prices on it something like this

Name___________|_Number of Auctions/Sales__|_____Average Price_|____Highest_|_____Lowest
Han Carb C8-9____|_____23________________|______$65_________|____$85____|_____$52___

Where the Average Price is the sum total of all the Sale Prices divided by the total number of Auctions/Sales

Seem like a alot of work I know but if you have a good bit of research and a good idea of the current market price then you can play you game plan and buy the piece at the price you want. Even if a absoulty stunning one comes around and you decide to overpay on it, at least you will know that your overpaying, how much by, and that was your choice. It's when you haven't done you homework and overpaid on someting that you feel down. Conversly, if you have done your homework and know a figure is expensive and you win a lovely one at a steal that nothing more cool than that.

Once you have your first figure down and you get into a habit of watching and learning you can increase the number of figures that you looking at and reasearching into.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 am

Last 17's always bring a premium. None are hard to come by, but yeah some are more expensive than others. Here's my thoughts per figure (but in NO way is this Gospel)

1. Amanaman - $70
2. A-wing pilot - $45 (make sure it's the black blaster or don't buy it)
3. Anakin - $10
4. Barada - $45
5. EV-9D9 - $65 (Always ask about the arms as they tend to break off)
6. Han in carbonite - $75
7. Imperial Dignitary - $40 (Always look at the nose. Nose rub is a common issue)
8. Imperial gunner - $55 (make sure it's the black blaster or don't buy it)
9. Lando general - $55 (Must be Black Baster or don't buy it)
10. Luke Battle poncho - $40
11. Luke in Stormtrooper disguise - $85 (Must be solid black blaster. Be real careful)
12. Lumat - $25-$30
13. Paploo - $25-$30
14. R2-D2 w/ pop up lightsaber - $85
15. Romba - $25-$30
16. Warok - $25-$30
17. Yak Face - $120-$150

I'd say this is a decent price range but folks correct me if I'm off

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:14 am

You're pretty much on the nose, maybe a little more for R2 and Anakin (not much more) but those are good. The good thing is most these are cheaper than what they were 10 years ago. As far as availability, just buy them whenever you want, they're everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 pm

Great info guys. Thanks for the help. Awesome chart Craig. Already have it set up in a nice excel spreadsheet. This will be a great way to track the cost trends. Thanks for the price range too, Darth. That will give me an idea of my "target" costs.

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Tell you what Dallas, if you add up those numbers you get $890 on the low end. I'd say extremely doable. Good Luck!!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Just under a grand I figure. I'm in no hurry so seems a little less daunting than I originally thought.

Thanks again for the advice.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:00 pm

There are some great ones here: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4465121&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#Post4465157#4465121
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Yeah! I was just looking at those as we speak. I like that Imperial Gunner. Need to get through till next payday and see if any of those are still around. Prices seem good.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 am

I'd see if he can hold that Imp Gunner for you man. That's a nice one.

Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 am

some advice mate Wink
take youre time on these figs and you can score!
it took me 10 years to complete my collection with some great deal in it.
paid 35€ for an popup r2,the some for my yakface,50 for my luke stormie and 40 for my han carbo among others.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Well I missed out on the Imperial Gunner but was able to get Matthew to hold the Barada for me. I think it looks fantastic in the picture.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:10 pm

It's been 7 years since I bought any POTF so this is helping me again John cheers. Not much has changed by the looks of things-

Using these prices for some of my figures for sale hint hint Razz

@Darthberizing wrote:
Last 17's always bring a premium. None are hard to come by, but yeah some are more expensive than others. Here's my thoughts per figure (but in NO way is this Gospel)

1. Amanaman - $70
2. A-wing pilot - $45 (make sure it's the black blaster or don't buy it)
3. Anakin - $10
4. Barada - $45
5. EV-9D9 - $65 (Always ask about the arms as they tend to break off)
6. Han in carbonite - $75
7. Imperial Dignitary - $40 (Always look at the nose. Nose rub is a common issue)
8. Imperial gunner - $55 (make sure it's the black blaster or don't buy it)
9. Lando general - $55 (Must be Black Baster or don't buy it)
10. Luke Battle poncho - $40
11. Luke in Stormtrooper disguise - $85 (Must be solid black blaster. Be real careful)
12. Lumat - $25-$30
13. Paploo - $25-$30
14. R2-D2 w/ pop up lightsaber - $85
15. Romba - $25-$30
16. Warok - $25-$30
17. Yak Face - $120-$150

I'd say this is a decent price range but folks correct me if I'm off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

POTF / Last 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF / Last 17   POTF / Last 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down