The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 pm

@rubberlike wrote:
Sith Noob,

That Deluxe AT-AT is really amazing. I have a handful of Deluxe AT-AT figures but none this cool. It appears to be in really good condition. Congrats!

Thanks! That means a lot to me coming from you!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Can anyone tell me anything about this, all I know is it's an AT AT driver and Mexican, is he vintage or modern and is that his original weapon?

Also does any one know anything about the picture? I got some ledy and this was stuck to the inside of the box.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 Fuji095
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:18 pm

It's a vintage Mexican/ SA bootleg. They were made in the early 90's (correct me if I'm wrong). There are several weapon sprue trees that have been made as well although I've never seen that bowcaster type. The weapons are pretty generic so I think it could have come with any number of weapons. I'm sure someone else can add some input here.

I'm not sure about the picture but it looks awesome! I'd like to know about that myself!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:20 pm

I've found a pic of him here that Joseph Y posted but would love to know if the weapons his.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/1488520226/in/set-72157602267424684
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Yes, the AtAt Driver is from the Mexican/SA (semi-articulated) line of bootlegs. This blue one is a pretty common one to find. These bootlegs were made over a period of many years beginning in the late 1980's up until probably the mid 90's or even later. This blue one is one of the recent ones produced. As far as the weapon, it's not the one that came with the figure. From the looks of the pink plastic it could have been one that was made in a large batch several years ago... don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
It's a vintage Mexican/ SA bootleg. They were made in the early 90's (correct me if I'm wrong). There are several weapon sprue trees that have been made as well although I've never seen that bowcaster type. The weapons are pretty generic so I think it could have come with any number of weapons. I'm sure someone else can add some input here.

I'm not sure about the picture but it looks awesome! I'd like to know about that myself!

Thanks for the info mate, have not got a clue about bootlegs, I only know what I've just read in the last 20 min lol.

Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:27 pm

I think those pink weapons tree's are more recent bootlegs that have been produced in the late 90's. Around the POTF2 time line.

I don't think I'm outing anyone here because I've seen plenty of these on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Star-Wars-Mexican-Bootleg-Accessory-Tree-/220577672521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335b742d49

They are more recent bootleg weapons.

Still doesn't have the bowcaster though.

Last edited by Sith Noob on Wed May 04, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:29 pm

@rebojazz wrote:
Yes, the AtAt Driver is from the Mexican/SA (semi-articulated) line of bootlegs. This blue one is a pretty common one to find. These bootlegs were made over a period of many years beginning in the late 1980's up until probably the mid 90's or even later. This blue one is one of the recent ones produced. As far as the weapon, it's not the one that came with the figure. From the looks of the pink plastic it could have been one that was made in a large batch several years ago... don't know for sure.

Thanks Wolf, What weapon should come with the figure, if any?
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:36 pm

@snaggletooth wrote:
@rebojazz wrote:

Wolf? You can call me Steven.... Awooooooo!! LOL, sorry.

No particular weapon came with this specific AtAt Driver in the old days, other than some recent ones I've seen with the weapons on tree like mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:37 pm

@snaggletooth wrote:
@rebojazz wrote:

uhmmm..not me mate.....just similar avatar Wink Very Happy

@ Steven:
AWOOOOOO????? WTF??? LOL
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:42 pm

@wbobafett wrote:

@ Steven:
AWOOOOOO????? WTF??? LOL

WOLF = howl, AWOOOOO lol!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:53 pm

[quote="rebojazz"]Yes, the AtAt Driver is from the Mexican/SA (semi-articulated) line of bootlegs. [quote]

Man you learn something new every day. I swear I thought SA = South America . Maybe they made there way down there after manufacturing or something.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:01 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
@snaggletooth wrote:
@rebojazz wrote:

uhmmm..not me mate.....just similar avatar Wink Very Happy

@ Steven:
AWOOOOOO????? WTF??? LOL

Laughing Laughing And its only 7pm Laughing Laughing Sorry rebojazz and thanks for the info mate
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Here's my latest bootleg arrivals. I worked a really great trade for these guys. Thanks alot Daren.

Fist up we have some Polish unarts. I'm so glad I finally got a silver 3PO. Considering that I almost had one awhile back but a certain friend of mine got to it first. Dallas. Wink Something about the handless footless pink Han makes me laugh. And I think the Commando lost his hand in THe Battle of Endor.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 0019

And next we have some 1st. and 2nd/3rd gen Polish articulated figures. Top row are 2nd/3rd gen. I had to glue the arms onto Prune Face. The bottom row is 1st gen. I have to get some pins to put Vaders left arm back on and the gold Gunners limbs. Awesome ugly stuff.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 0029
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Wicked bunch you got there Paul. That unart gold Hothtrooper is bad ass and I love the mustard yellow AT AT Commander! Also happy to see you have a silver 3PO in your bunch now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Some very good additions, Paul, you're on a roll.
Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:47 am

Sith Noob wrote:
Wicked bunch you got there Paul. That unart gold Hothtrooper is bad ass and I love the mustard yellow AT AT Commander! Also happy to see you have a silver 3PO in your bunch now Very Happy

Your collection is growing fast! The AT-AT Commander is a custom repaint but still looks cool. I love the mouth variations on the Biker Scouts.

Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:49 am

This is just great stuff to watch guys. I don't collect bootlegs but all the uglynes ,the collors and the way the people who made them back then , would have cryed if they knew what amount of money they sel for today .

Just makes this thread so cool follow Smile

Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:34 am

Dallas- I'll have to find something else to belly ache about now that I have a silver 3PO.

Steven- I got really lucky this time for sure.

Trevor- The collection had grown pretty quick. I had to move the bootlegs to their own shelf last night. I like the different Biker mouth variations too. I figured the At-At Commander was a repaint before I got him. But thought he looked neat anyway. I like to think some Polish kid "customized" him like I did to my Kenner figures when I was a kid.

soren- You have to get some bootlegs. You know you want to. Watching can only go so far. I know a guy who can fix you right up. Just a couple, they won't hurt you. Honest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:04 am

He he Paul , i just like watching you guys stuff. I have some rare bootleg stuff but they relly don't rock my boat .
And i trade them of for some cool pre-production stuff any day Smile

Quote :
soren- You have to get some bootlegs. You know you want to. Watching can only go so far. I know a guy who can fix you right up. Just a couple, they won't hurt you. Honest.

Someone said the the same thing about moc's and pre-production stuff and im hopeless in love with the stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Bootleg Goblin made a stop today...

Ist Gen Gold DSG, 1st Gen Boba, 1st Gen Vader w/ cape.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 DSC03694

2nd Gen TIE Pilot & Weequay
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 DSC03695

Unart AT AT Commander, Leia, Chewie
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 DSC03697

3rd Gen Leia
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 DSC03699

1st Gen Luke X Wing, 1st Gen AT AT Driver, 2nd Gen AT AT Commander & AT ST Driver
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 DSC03783
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Nice Dallas. Seeing your 1st Gen Gunner with that nice solid gold color makes me want to upgrade mine. Nice pickups.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:47 pm

@kisstour03 wrote:
Nice Dallas. Seeing your 1st Gen Gunner with that nice solid gold color makes me want to upgrade mine. Nice pickups.

Upgrade?? You just got that one, lol. Besides, it's a bootleg - it's supposed to be ugly Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Man, that 1st Gen Vader is sweet! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:04 pm

@DarthTad wrote:
Man, that 1st Gen Vader is sweet! Laughing

Thanks bud. I've been looking for a good one for awhile (even better with the cape). The cape is a crazy super rubbery material. Crazy!

My gratitude goes out to the previous owner Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: The Outer Realm
 :: Latest Purchases (Sorry George) and Want to Buy Lists
-