The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

A jeweller's Loupe....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paul-itoy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Paul-itoy

A jeweller's Loupe.... Empty
PostSubject: A jeweller's Loupe....   A jeweller's Loupe.... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:51 am

Guys. If you don't own one of these in your arsenal for checking figures and weapons I seriously recommend getting one. The detail you can see is incredible.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A3443&rt=nc&_nkw=jewellers+loupe&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

Even a simple thing like seeing ingrained dirt due to age on an original telescoping lightsaber is a good back up to any float or drop tests.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: A jeweller's Loupe....   A jeweller's Loupe.... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:59 am

Cheers, Paul, good idea and decent prices. I currently use a magnifying glass from stamp collecting but tempted to upgrade now I seen these Smile

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Kenner1979
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: A jeweller's Loupe....   A jeweller's Loupe.... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:10 pm

I have one very similar to the examples shown in the link and I use it all the time. I've found it to be a necessity when it comes to collecting almost anything.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: A jeweller's Loupe....   A jeweller's Loupe.... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Great link Paul im gonna have to get myself one of those! Cheap as well!

Im currently using a magnifying glass that i got out of one of Lou's mums posh Xmas crackers Embarassed Laughing

Funny enough i said get a magnifying class as a top tip in a thread the other day!

Jay

Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A jeweller's Loupe....   A jeweller's Loupe.... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

I don't have a Loupe but I do have a magnifying glass and I have to agree if you get a good one it's great checking things out- it's really good for reading small text on MOC without straining your eyes and also checking the bubbles integrity and looking for hairline cracks .

Great idea and tip Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A jeweller's Loupe....   A jeweller's Loupe.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A jeweller's Loupe....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-