The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

A Limelight to die for!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

A Limelight to die for!!  Empty
PostSubject: A Limelight to die for!!    A Limelight to die for!!  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:22 pm

jawdrop Speechless

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: A Limelight to die for!!    A Limelight to die for!!  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:51 pm

That belongs to an RS member. StrWrsHouston (or something like that) it is a fabulous collection but many of the MOCs are recards.
Back to top Go down
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

PostSubject: Re: A Limelight to die for!!    A Limelight to die for!!  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi James, really ? d'ya know I was going to jokingly add "I think that leia is a recard" thinking a collection like that he wouldn't be one of those recard types but at the same time was thinking could one person really have that amount of original MOC's?

It's a stunning display all the same.

I guess some people just have the money Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: A Limelight to die for!!    A Limelight to die for!!  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:16 am

He's got a decent collection and some nice pieces , but it's nothing that you yourself couldn't build given time and patience. Collections like that don't appear overnight. It takes a lot of work to build a well rounded collection AND display like that. While I'm not a fan of recards, his use of them to give depth to his store displays and slatwall hangers is the least offensive use of recards that I've seen.

People always bring it down to the level of money, and yes, it does take SOME money to build a decent collection, but a smart man can work the hobby, buy in bigger lots/collections,keep a few choice pieces from that, and sell the rest off to get yours cheaper or even free when all is said and done. Or if the idea of buying and selling isn't your bag, save up, buy one or 2 pieces per month, don't be afraid to haggle a little on prices unless it's already a deal.It'll take a while to get where you want to be,but this isn't a race, savor and enjoy it. The people that DO build gianormous collections overnight,are usually the same ones getting bored and selling them off months later.

Cheers
Joe

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: A Limelight to die for!!    A Limelight to die for!!  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 am

most of his stuff is sold now btw (i'm guessing he still has those recards though :p )
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Limelight to die for!!    A Limelight to die for!!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Limelight to die for!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-