The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Baggies Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Post your baggies here! Tell us what you know about them!

First of all I'm sorry for these pics. My camera is crapped out right now so I had to use the phone.

Anyway, I picked up these baggies with a few other things and I really don't know anything about baggies. I've got an Endor Han with Made in Hong Kong printed on it and a Pruneface in a Kenner bag. Any idea what these would have come with? The baggies don't have the slightest of holes in them and the figs inside look awesome. Other than that I really don't know anything about them.

So here are the crappy pics:

Baggies Thread CIMG0169

Baggies Thread CIMG0170

Post your baggies here if you got some. I'd love to see them.

Last edited by Sith Noob on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Dallas, have you read this yet?

http://theswca.com/images-speci/baggiefeature/baggiefeature.html

Some killer info on baggies. By the way, killer score on them.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll read up! Thanks, I guess I'll put them in the recent finds thread too even though the pics blow.

Are these baggies rare? I got him along with a beater Gen. Madine moc and the guy seemed to know about as much as me about the baggies. Paid $25 for the lot.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 pm

$25 for all three was a great deal. Pruneface usually goes for $10-12 and Han around $20. They are both Cat. 1 baggies, so not really rare. Now if the Han was the no camo on lapel variant (Cat. 3), then you would've made a killer deal.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
I got him along with a beater Gen. Madine moc and the guy seemed to know about as much as me about the baggies. Paid $25 for the lot.

$25 for this lot seems to be a good deal since these are the TRUE Vintage Kenner Star Wars figures. Imagine spending a similar amount for the modern Hasbro SW offerings! Laughing
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Agreed. Very awesome deal. I wouldn't really have those baggies on my hit list, but I'd buy the lot for $25 all day long.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Ok, so I just read up on the categories so that makes sense. I guess with these being so common they really could have come with any number of items. I don't have any others in my collection, never really thought about them too much until now. I thought they looked pretty cool so I picked them up. Don't think I'm going to make these a regular purchase but I would like to find a Fett for my focus. Looks like one of those should be easy to come across.

Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:09 pm

@Chancellor_Peter wrote:
Sith Noob wrote:
I got him along with a beater Gen. Madine moc and the guy seemed to know about as much as me about the baggies. Paid $25 for the lot.

$25 for this lot seems to be a good deal since these are the TRUE Vintage Kenner Star Wars figures. Imagine spending a similar amount for the modern Hasbro SW offerings! Laughing

That's what I was thinking when I found them. 2 modern VC figs total about $25 bucks so I snatched up the vintage.

I'd love to see any other baggies you guys have. This could be the baggie thread?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 pm

The Fett is one of the hardest and most expensive ones to get. Because its Fett. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
That's what I was thinking when I found them. 2 modern VC figs total about $25 bucks so I snatched up the vintage.

I'd love to see any other baggies you guys have. This could be the baggie thread?

Its true in view that the modern Hasbro SW figures are now priced higher. Good idea to let this be a baggie thread. As for the baggies that I have, its the one that came originally packaged with these vintage Sears Exclusive Playsets that I have in my collection :

1981 Rebel Command Center Adventure Playset with Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear), R2-D2 (with Sensorscope) and AT-AT Commander in Kenner baggies.

1983 Jabba's Dungeon Playset - 1st version with Nikto, 8D8 and Klaatu in Skiff Guard Outfit in Kenner baggies.

I'll check whether I have taken pictures of these Kenner baggie action figures that were packaged together with these playsets.

Last edited by Chancellor_Peter on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Come on? Now one has any baggies to add? Put them up and let us know where they came from!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:17 am

Sith Noob wrote:
Come on? Now one has any baggies to add? Put them up and let us know where they came from!

Well here's my LJ baggies mirrored from my limelight thread. Smile

Baggies Thread Esbdblue Baggies Thread Esbd Baggies Thread Esbh Baggies Thread Rotjh_001

ESB-D Blue Saber, ESB-D, ESB-H, ROTJ-H

They should all have come from the 3 versions of U.S. multipacks (3 pack 1, 3 Pack 2, 8 pack) however last year it was discovered that cases of the ROTJ-h also exist.

Baggies Thread Img_0811
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:28 am

Here is the group picture of the 3 Kenner baggied figures from my vintage Sears Exclusive :

1981 Rebel Command Center Adventure Playset : AT-AT Commander, R2-D2 (with Sensorscope) and Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear)

Baggies Thread RebelCommandCenterfigures

At this moment I don't have any pictures of my Kenner baggied Nikto, 8D8 and Klaatu in Skiff Guard Outfit from the 1983 Sears Exclusive Jabba's Dungeon Playset. I'll take their pictures when I carry out my Class of 1983 Vintage KENNER Toys - RETURN OF THE JEDI (1st Wave) Collection photoshoot, in good time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 am

@Chancellor_Peter wrote:

At this moment I don't have any pictures of my Kenner baggied Nikto, 8D8 and Klaatu in Skiff Guard Outfit from the 1983 Sears Exclusive Jabba's Dungeon Playset. I'll take their pictures when I carry out my Class of 1983 Vintage KENNER Toys - RETURN OF THE JEDI (1st Wave) Collection photoshoot, in good time. Wink

Let me help you Peter. Very Happy

ROTJ-c baggies that came with Jabba's Dungeon Playset I.
Baggies Thread IMG_3250

ROTJ-c baggies that came with Jabba's Dungeon Playset II.
Baggies Thread IMG_4079

SW-A baggie with Chewie and SW-D baggies with R2 and Leia for that came with the Early Bird Mail away.
Baggies Thread IMG_3252

I hope to add a baggied DT Luke one day to complete my Early Bird Mail away ...

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 4:05 am

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 4:24 am

That's a great link AJ, did not see it till now!

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Chancellor_Peter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Chancellor_Peter

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 4:36 am

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Let me help you Peter. Very Happy

Thanks Marco Smile. The color of the White plastic and R2 sticker on your Early Bird set is superb! Oh you got these 4 figures separately instead of the complete 4 figure Early Bird set, hence the missing baggied DT Luke Skywalker.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Shawn - That pic of the whole case of Luke baggies is awesome! Is that in your collection?

AJ - Sorry, didn't realize there was a baggies thread already.

Nice baggies, guys!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Even though they are no longer mine, heres the ones I had.

Baggies Thread Img_1521

Baggies Thread Img_1522

That came with

Baggies Thread Img_1523
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:02 pm

@Chris_J wrote:
Even though they are no longer mine, heres the ones I had.

Baggies Thread Img_1521

Baggies Thread Img_1522

That came with

Baggies Thread Img_1523

Nice - I like seeing those multi packs. Did it come with the red caped Bib?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:07 pm

No thats a prototype shot of the Bib and Squidhead, I believe. If I had both of those, I wouldn't have to worry about working for a month. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:10 pm

@Chris_J wrote:
No thats a prototype shot of the Bib and Squidhead, I believe. If I had both of those, I wouldn't have to worry about working for a month. lol!

Damn, that rare huh?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:13 pm

If my calculation is right, $2-4000 each.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:21 pm

@Chris_J wrote:
If my calculation is right, $2-4000 each.

Holy Sh*t! So you say prototypes, they were never produced?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Not with those capes.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48822

I cant find the one for Squidhead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baggies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baggies Thread   Baggies Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baggies Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next