The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

A pice of Danish Star Wars history

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Empty
PostSubject: A pice of Danish Star Wars history    A pice of Danish Star Wars history   I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:41 am

Hi guys
I have postet this in the Prop thread , but one of the cool fellas here sugestet that i did a post about it here on the main board.

Back in 1983 there was a toy museum in Copenhagen Denmark. They did a special Star Wars exsebision.
They got some suff direct from 20th century Fox. Along with other stuff they got some Don Post Studio masks .Which were all used in the exsebision . There where more masks and shipping boxes , but the rest have ben lost to history .
The museum closed over 15 years ago .

This lot is not just special becuse of the history of the masks , being used for a museum exsebision . But also becouse they come dirct from Fox . There is even a very rare Don Post Studio 3 pice shipping box in this lot . It has written by hand that it contains 3 pices of 2009 wich are the order number of Klaatu masks . This has been crosed out and on top of the box is writen that it cantains Admiral Ackbar Klaatu and Gamorrean Guard

I still have the Admiral Ackbar and Klaatu masks. The box also has half of af an air cargo decal on it.

But the coolest thing is the to and from deacal . It is sendt from Fox in the Uk to Fox in Denmark . Under that there is another To and from decal but it is not posibil to make out what it says .
This box and the masks is a forgoten pice of Danish Star Wars history .

Storm Tropper mask. It has been sugestet to me that it might be an pre-production mask . Giving the story of where it came from. I think that it might be possible. As it is off line when you look at it from the front . And the markings is not the same as the others i have seen pictures off . The Decals also look difrent.
But if you have any info or a helmet with the same markings pleace let me know.

The rubber brow is broken Sad

A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmaske004

The marking on the back
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmaske005

Klaatu mask
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker023
Wicket mask
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker019

Amiral Acbar mask Has lost the plastic that is the front of his eye . Can easy be glued back on . As it is only the old glue that has dryed up over time.
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker017

Dart Vader mask. Is missing some pices of the top pice. Big pice on "his" left . Small pice on his Right and a small pice on the back. I think that if this is retored it could be very nice again.
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker013
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker014
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker016
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker015

Pictures of the the display boxes. Both has the name of the carator that is the same as the the name on the star on the box.
( The hand wrighting is tha same as on top of the shiping box ) Both boxes are in very nice shape C 8,5-9

Weequay box
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker021
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker022

Vader box
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker018
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker020

The very rare shiping box
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker024
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker026
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker025
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker027

The box open with the two boxes in it.
A pice of Danish Star Wars history   Swmasker029

As im not into masks and don't have the the room to display the shipping box.
Im open to trade offers . I will only trade this for something special and unik as this is a very rare lot.
Pleace note that the Stormtropper helmet is not up for trade.

Read more in the classifieds
Thanks soren

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A pice of Danish Star Wars history    A pice of Danish Star Wars history   I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:48 am

I just find this so cool.. I am really not into Don Post masks or props but I love the history behind everything SW- Knowing that these were shipped over to Denmark from Fox for an exhibition and there they sat in their box after the exhibition was over until now is just awesome!

I love the shipping box + the address label, I think thats the best thing in the find - I hope wherever this ends up it is appreciated - Thanks for sharing Soren and GREAT find !
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: A pice of Danish Star Wars history    A pice of Danish Star Wars history   I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks Joe

Sharing is what this site is all about . I im very pleased to have something cool and unik to share with you guys

Yes this is such a cool find . I myself love the box shiping box most to. And i thougt about keeping just it. But i don't have the room for displaying it and somehow it belongs witha collector that appreciates it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: A pice of Danish Star Wars history    A pice of Danish Star Wars history   I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:40 am

Thanks for sharing this great bit of SW history, Soren. I love all the early production stuff that was licensed to Fox. I think it's great how this was an exhibition piece and I also dig the Fox UK to Denmark postal history - as well as the actual masks and all the cartons this really is a great piece of history Cool Cool Stormie mask as well, be great to get some more info on that.

Good luck, I really hope your Fox DP mask set finds its way to an appreciative collector.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: A pice of Danish Star Wars history    A pice of Danish Star Wars history   I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:57 am

Thanks Paul
Nice that you guys like and appreciate the posts i make Very Happy

I also hope that they end op where some one appreciates them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A pice of Danish Star Wars history    A pice of Danish Star Wars history   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A pice of Danish Star Wars history

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1