The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Serious collecting problem!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

Serious collecting problem!! Empty
PostSubject: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:16 pm

I have a serious collecting problem and need some advice. What do you do when your collection out grows the area you have to display it and you have no other place to display it? I MIGHT be able to squeeze in one more curio from IKEA but I don’t know for sure if it will fit. Sad
My figures right now feel like a midget in a crowded elevator!! unsure
Back to top Go down
http://terrorgloves.com
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:20 pm

look at youre collection and try to check what you really want in it.
focuses change over time and the things that dont fit can help finace other things.
or just pack up the things you bored with for the moment to get some place.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Sell me all your trilogos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

PostSubject: Re: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:44 pm

I might take DLT9's advice and box up some stuff. Reluctantly though… I don’t know about you guys but I didn’t collect everything just to shove it away in a box.

Joe – I never really got into the Trilogo’s. And I ended up passing on that Trilogo 4 pack I posted the question on here a week or so ago. $900 was to high. I got the seller to drop it to $750 but even then I felt it wasn’t a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Ooh $750 is tempting Smile

Is he online at all?
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

PostSubject: Re: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:53 pm

No, he's a local dealer in my area. I just have to play the waiting game. He always needs $$ pretty bad. I bet he'll come to me eventually offering it to me for less than the $750
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm the same way, I hate to have my collection packed up. But when you have limited space and have a huge collection, sometimes you dont really have a choice. I'd love to have all my vintage figures out on display (G.I. Joe, BSG, Tron, etc.), but at the moment I just dont have the space. So they are all packed up in the closet along with the video games, cd's, and other items. That saves having to sell off any of it to regret it later and have to pay twice as much to get it all back.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Yes I would box up the stuff you don't have space for too. That is if you don't need the money.

For my collection I have a few ruels and one of them is that I most have all my stuff in displayes.
Back to top Go down
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:38 pm

I only display a fraction of my stuff. A big priority for me is displaying things without even a smack of over-crowding. And I actually don't look at the boxed up portion as a negative. It makes me miss stuff a bit, and keeps me interacting with the collection, rotating the displayed items and re-discovering favorites that I haven't picked up in a while. Just my .02 Robbie!
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious collecting problem!!   Serious collecting problem!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious collecting problem!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-