The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? Empty
PostSubject: Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?   Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi Guys,

I stumbled across this usa based online toy site,has anyone ever used or heard of them?

http://www.collectorsgalleryonline.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CG&Category_Code=VSWT

They have some nice vintage stuff & some of the prices seem quite reasonable! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?   Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Never heard of them but that means nothing. They look like they only ship to the US though. If you need a postman, let me know.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?   Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:43 pm

They are a 'recommended shopping' place on the RS homepage : http://www.rebelscum.com/ third one down on the left.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?   Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:50 pm

@Darthberizing wrote:
Never heard of them but that means nothing. They look like they only ship to the US though. If you need a postman, let me know.

Cheers John! Cool

I did ask them if they shipped to the UK & they said yes but only used express mail(USPS & Fedex) i think! Crying or Very sad

Thanks AJ,i've never noticed that there until now! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?   Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 pm

I've had one order with them that didn't go very well. Back when I was strictly focused on mailers I ordered an Ackbar from them. I waited several weeks and it never shipped. I finally emailed them and did get a response about it being at another warehouse or something, but eventually one showed up on eBay, so I bought that instead. I didn't have any payment issues or anything like that and from what I remember communication was good. I just felt like I had waited a reasonable time to ship and it was not the service I expected from an online store outside of eBay. They do get plugs on the RS front page a lot as they are a sponsor and I've heard good things from other collectors, so maybe I just got lucky. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?   Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am

I've had a pretty bad experience with him as well. Wouldn't recommend buying from him.

I'll write it down later.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?   Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:24 am

The problem is the items he advertises on his site are not the actual items he will send you when you buy.

I bought a Vader Tie, an Imp Tie and a Cloud Car from him back in 2008 when I had just started collecting.

The Vader Tie I didn't get as he said afterwards it wasn't in stock. The Imp Tie box was described as C8 but was warped and damaged. Also the electronics on the vehicle didn't work. The Cloud car was described as having a box with inserts and with components still in baggies, but what I got was a loose Cloud Car in box.

When I inquired and told him I wanted to return the items his response was this:

Quote :
i dont want those coming back. i never have exactly the same items pictured in stock. for the price they are worth the money you paid for it. please reconsider not returning the toys. i do not refund any shiping whatsover.

I was much a rookie back then and didn't visit any forums so I left it at that. But I never bought from him again although there were quite a few items on his site I wanted.

I just visited the site by the way, and they still have the exact same items for sale as they had two and a half years ago. That can't be good.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?   Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:23 pm

@Capetown wrote:
The problem is the items he advertises on his site are not the actual items he will send you when you buy.

I bought a Vader Tie, an Imp Tie and a Cloud Car from him back in 2008 when I had just started collecting.

The Vader Tie I didn't get as he said afterwards it wasn't in stock. The Imp Tie box was described as C8 but was warped and damaged. Also the electronics on the vehicle didn't work. The Cloud car was described as having a box with inserts and with components still in baggies, but what I got was a loose Cloud Car in box.

When I inquired and told him I wanted to return the items his response was this:

Quote :
i dont want those coming back. i never have exactly the same items pictured in stock. for the price they are worth the money you paid for it. please reconsider not returning the toys. i do not refund any shiping whatsover.

I was much a rookie back then and didn't visit any forums so I left it at that. But I never bought from him again although there were quite a few items on his site I wanted.

I just visited the site by the way, and they still have the exact same items for sale as they had two and a half years ago. That can't be good.

Sorry to hear that Emiel! Crying or Very sad

I was interested in a couple of his items but seeing as he ripped you off,the cunt can fuck off & he's not having any of my money! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?   Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collectors Gallery Online:anyone ever used/heard of them?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-