The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Empty
PostSubject: Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?   Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi I looked into the Skiff Guard Vibro Axe Guide http://www.imperialgunnery.com/thestaffsaxessection.htm

I found this Skiff Guard Vibro Axe in my own collection but I can't find this variant. Does any of you have such a variant ? or do any of you know what figure it is for ?

First I thought it was for Lando Skiff Guard but it is not a deep circle on the weapon.

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Sta60012
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?   Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:47 pm

It looks like the V1 mould to me, having a circle on the protruding part on the staff.

The depth of the circle may vary, deep, shallow, even protruding. I think this was the point where the plastic was injected into the mould.

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? KlaatuStaff_Comparison

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? KlaatuStaff_V1
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?   Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:42 am

This one is then protruding. The circle is highter than the part of the staff where it is placed on.

But I am glad that this one is for Lando Skiff Guard I was missing some of them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Posts : 997
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : North Wales

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?   Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:39 am

I think all 3 versions where found with all 3 figures mate, you got a cool variant there Cool
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?   Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:56 am

@snaggletooth wrote:
I think all 3 versions where found with all 3 figures mate, you got a cool variant there Cool

Ohhhhh I thought V1 was for lando, V2 weequay and v3 was for klaatu.

Why do they then write it on the weapon guide ?

Yes it is cool to have something there is not on the guide Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2010-05-07
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?   Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:14 am

@pomse2001 wrote:

Ohhhhh I thought V1 was for lando, V2 weequay and v3 was for klaatu.

Why do they then write it on the weapon guide ?


lol! A small misunderstanding Lars, the guide was just listing the different figures which came with a vibro axe, using numbered bullets. It had no direct link to the different moulds which were discussed afterwards.

Maybe it is a good idea to use bullets without a number in the TIG guide, it might be confusing to more collectors.

TIG Guide wrote:


The Skiff Guard Vibro Axe with the following figures -


1, Lando Skiff Guard

2, Weequay

3, Klaatu

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Posts : 997
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : North Wales

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?   Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:17 am

@pomse2001 wrote:
@snaggletooth wrote:
I think all 3 versions where found with all 3 figures mate, you got a cool variant there Cool

Ohhhhh I thought V1 was for lando, V2 weequay and v3 was for klaatu.

Why do they then write it on the weapon guide ?

Yes it is cool to have something there is not on the guide Very Happy

I read it like that at first mate, they are referring to the number of figs the vibro axe was relesed with. Like 1,Nickto 2,barada 3, Yak. Just coincidence.

I have a Bossk weapon some where that isn't on the gunnery, Looks and feels original but a different mold.

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?   Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:09 am

@snaggletooth wrote:
@pomse2001 wrote:
@snaggletooth wrote:
I think all 3 versions where found with all 3 figures mate, you got a cool variant there Cool

Ohhhhh I thought V1 was for lando, V2 weequay and v3 was for klaatu.

Why do they then write it on the weapon guide ?

Yes it is cool to have something there is not on the guide Very Happy

I read it like that at first mate, they are referring to the number of figs the vibro axe was relesed with. Like 1,Nickto 2,barada 3, Yak. Just coincidence.

I have a Bossk weapon some where that isn't on the gunnery, Looks and feels original but a different mold.


Thanks again, I just misunderstood the guide bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Sponsored content




Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?   Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 

Skiff Guard Vibro Axe ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-