The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Royal Guard Staff ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi I have some variants of Royal Guard Staff that I can't find in the guide http://www.imperialgunnery.com/thestaffsaxessection.htm

Royal Guard Staff ? Sta60024

This one is maid of metal, so I think it is repro, what do you think ?

Royal Guard Staff ? Sta60025

This one I hope is original, because most of my staff's looks like that, they float in water. They are also a little bit shorter than variant 1 from the guide.

What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

Posts : 310
Join date : 2009-11-19
Age : 45
Location : DK.

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Lars

I think the staff in picture 1 is repro and the one in picture 2 is the real deal (even it's a bit hard to tell for the picture). Wink

cheers michael
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Posts : 4227
Join date : 2009-11-19
Age : 49
Location : US

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:43 pm

The metal one is def repro. The second one looks pretty good, unless its one of those new repros thats out that looks almost dead on.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:57 am

They are not new, I have had them in the last 5 to 10 years.

I could just not find those variants in the guide.

The second picture there is an extra circle around the weapon.

Thanks for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:05 pm

About the weapon on the second picture.

The Weapon does feel more flat than round at the top of the weapon.

I also have a version 1 from the guide the top on that weapon feels more round.

Maybe it is repro ?

Does any of you have a weapon like the one I have ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Here is a new picture.

The one in the top is the strange one, that I do not know if is repro or original.

The one in the bottom is the original variant 1.

What do you think ?

Royal Guard Staff ? Sta60028
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Posts : 997
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : North Wales

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 1:38 pm

It looks like a repo to me, going of the gunnery it looks to perfect. If it is original though but not on the gunnery then we need get all these variants on there before the fakes get even better.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:29 pm

@snaggletooth wrote:
It looks like a repo to me, going of the gunnery it looks to perfect. If it is original though but not on the gunnery then we need get all these variants on there before the fakes get even better.

I also think it looks like a repro but when I search for repro then I can't find one that looks like this one. I also don't hope it is repro, because I have 5 of them and then I have to buy 5 new ones if they are repro. I bought them maybe 5 or 10 years ago with figures.

Yes wish the Guide was complet.

Any other weapon experts that can help ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Posts : 997
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : North Wales

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:10 pm

@pomse2001 wrote:
@snaggletooth wrote:
It looks like a repo to me, going of the gunnery it looks to perfect. If it is original though but not on the gunnery then we need get all these variants on there before the fakes get even better.

I also think it looks like a repro but when I search for repro then I can't find one that looks like this one. I also don't hope it is repro, because I have 5 of them and then I have to buy 5 new ones if they are repro. I bought them maybe 5 or 10 years ago with figures.

Yes wish the Guide was complet.

Any other weapon experts that can help ?

If you got them 5-10 years ago, did you get them in one lot?

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Denmark

Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:30 pm

@snaggletooth wrote:
@pomse2001 wrote:
@snaggletooth wrote:
It looks like a repo to me, going of the gunnery it looks to perfect. If it is original though but not on the gunnery then we need get all these variants on there before the fakes get even better.

I also think it looks like a repro but when I search for repro then I can't find one that looks like this one. I also don't hope it is repro, because I have 5 of them and then I have to buy 5 new ones if they are repro. I bought them maybe 5 or 10 years ago with figures.

Yes wish the Guide was complet.

Any other weapon experts that can help ?

If you got them 5-10 years ago, did you get them in one lot?


Sorry can't remember that. But I have only bought 2 Royal Guard figures the last 4 years and they was with the other originale weapons that I also could find in the guide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Sponsored content




Royal Guard Staff ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Guard Staff ?   Royal Guard Staff ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 

Royal Guard Staff ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-