The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
STR1968
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:25 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
@STR1968 wrote:
I was tempt to bid on the general madine and the b-wing but the seller have some bad reputation from the rebelscum watch out section, so i pass.I start collecting ledy figure since january and my knowledge is limited on these.I check often the guide done by Dr DENGAR that is the best reference.

Looks like i miss something :I am stupid:

Hi Stephane,

I am happy that the information on TIG helps you while collecting Ledy figures.

I think I also have to clarify something, maybe that helps to take away some of your confusion.

In general:

Ledy figures and their accessories can be very tough to distinguish from their Kenner counterparts. So yes, it is very likely that sellers make mistakes here sometimes. Personally I think everybody is allowed to make mistakes. In the end, I don’t judge people by their mistakes but by the way they deal with them.
It has already occurred to me a few times that I received Kenner instead of Ledy items, even from respected sellers with a great reputation in the collector’s community. Each time it proofed to be unintentionally, the mistake was acknowledged, and I was fully compensated. Therefore I would still buy from these sellers with 100% confidence.
Actually I still regret being too harsh on a seller once, who really couldn’t help either, as that sparkled a lot of negative energy for both of us. That was a long time ago, when I just started collecting Ledy. I learned my lesson now (see above), and luckily we have worked out things recently. Very Happy

More specific on psboy2:

I knew there were some rumors about him, but I like to form my own opinion, independent on what others have to say. So I gave him a chance by buying a few Ledy figures a while ago. The ‘experiment’ went well, so personally I don’t have a problem with him whatsoever.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Marco

Thanks for the clarification.You are right, i should do my experiment myself and not take opinions from others.

Next time ,i will be more wise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:43 pm

It's getting a lot harder to find an auction bargain Shocked $160 for the emporer !!
OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 LLauctions
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks for sharing, AJ! Some figures ended pretty high indeed!!

http://www.ebay.com/csc/jedikikin/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=13&_rdc=1

Emperor: $159 (in very nice condition w/o paint rubs and original staff, but still a lot of money or did I miss something?)
Klaatu Skiff black hood: $154 (no paint rub on the nose, but there some on the hand and back of the skirt)

I think the next items ended with pretty OK prices:

Complete Jabba Hutt playset MIB: $315 :Drool:
Imperial Shuttle MIB: $ 255

Teebo: From the pics it is hard to see whether the hood, axe and horn are Ledy accessories. The differences in plastic colour are so subtle, you have to hold them in your hands and compare them to Kenner. And I didn't want to ask the seller for comparison pics to do not draw too much attention to the auction. So I took the gamble with a relatively low max bid of $75, and I won (ended $65). My guess is that others were thinking exactly the same. AJ?
If it is a compete Ledy figure, it is a pretty good bargain. Otherwise it is a bit overpriced for a loose Ledy Teebo with Kenner accessories.Very Happy

BTW: I didn't bid on any of the other items.

Curious did more TIG members win some of these items?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:16 pm

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. This time I lost the the tripod laser canon auction.

OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 JedikikinAuctions

http://www.ebay.com/csc/jedikikin/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_trkparms=65%253A13%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&rt=nc&_dmd=2&_since=15&_sop=13&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_vc=1

Just curious: Did other members loose, win something?
Back to top Go down
joetxtek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
joetxtek

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Not on ebay but I purchased an identical canon at a bargain Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Congrats Joe!! cheers

From the same seller?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Congratulations, nice to see some gets lucky with Lili Ledy cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
joetxtek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
joetxtek

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:55 am

No I got it from another source
Back to top Go down
joetxtek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
joetxtek

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:09 am

OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 Ledycanon
OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 Ledycanon2
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:17 pm

:Drool:

Nice piece!!

Do you have more Ledy items in your collection ? A limelight maybe?
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Joe, you always have good luck!!! Great items for a great price!!!

very well done!!
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 3:12 pm

You probably already saw this but look at what this lucky guy have found:

:Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool:
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Cool jawdrop

But what does he say ? study
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:19 pm

He's describing the box and how it is on excelent shape, he found it with 6 LL Laser cannons still inside, the previous owner kept one so he has 5 and the box, the box has a printed date: 27/05/1985 and a description of the item (laser Cannon) it can hold up to 12 cannons, all 6 cannons where open by the previous owner but they are on Mint condition, and to his knowledge this is one of a kind LL item as no other shipping box have been found.

well he says more but this is like the main idea Wink
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:07 pm

@OZIO wrote:
He's describing the box and how it is on excelent shape, he found it with 6 LL Laser cannons still inside, the previous owner kept one so he has 5 and the box, the box has a printed date: 27/05/1985 and a description of the item (laser Cannon) it can hold up to 12 cannons, all 6 cannons where open by the previous owner but they are on Mint condition, and to his knowledge this is one of a kind LL item as no other shipping box have been found.

well he says more but this is like the main idea Wink

Thanks mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains   OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: Lili Ledy auctions ended with some good bargains

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-