The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 am

Found some great Warhol variations though Very Happy

Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 Warhol10

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:42 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Not too sure Paul, but I think the blue one comes from a batch of fakes that were floating around about seven years ago. Alot of guys spent big money on them and then found out some dude made them on his lunch hour at his local plastics plant. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Your response is what I was talking about. All guns blazing and everybody is wrong but you. As I said before, I respect everybodys opinion on what they have to say until they come in with an attitude likes yours just now. Dont take this as anybody jumping on anybodys bandwagon or what ever. But Im going to point out a few things on what you said.

1. Almost NONE of the variants were intended by Kenner

None of these discolored figures was intended by Kenner, so I dont understand your theory of almost none. Do you have the proof showing some of these were meant to be this way? I bet not. As for the wide stance narrow stance. Did you ever think that the plastic could bend that way from years of play? They were most likely not production mods or development things (what things are you talking about?).

2. Don't try to teach me, boy, I know enough

Looks like you do need to learn something, junior. You go off on Joe for being disrepectful, but turn around and do the same damn thing. Need to practice what you preach, boy. And apparently, you didnt read my post with the links to threads on this subject. If you would take the time and read some of those you might learn a few things. But what do I know, you know enough to tell all of us that we are wrong even after we have been through this same old song and dance before.

3. there was a reason for these different limbs

Yhea and thats what we've been trying to tell all of you thats hell bent on everything being a variant. There was bad batches of plastic, but it doesnt make them a variant. Just a shitty figure. None of these figures were sold in the store years ago with these funky ass different limbs, at least not in the US I seen. And from what I remember, Hungary had bootleg figures and not the production figures. So what are you baseing this on? Did you go to a country that had production figures and buy some? Just curious on how you know this as fact.

4. So probably the poorer quality plastic tends to change color (in some cases, but not all of the cases).

So what is your arguement? You just said some change and some dont. Is that not proof to shut your little theory down? This is what most people will tell you, some deteriate at different rates compared to others. No one knows for sure why they do it, but they do. Until we can get someone who was on the production line to come out and say "Yhea, there was....." we will never know the reason behind it.

5. BUT leave those alone, who are interested in production errors and anomalies.

These arent production errors in a sense. A production error would be wrong limbs on a figure, mis-cards, wrong weapons and accessories with wrong figure. The plastic used came from the same batch, just that some were a bad batch. No one can tell what the batch will do over a 30 year period the day its made. Can you? I know I wouldnt be able to tell you that.

6.But I FIND JOE'S LACK OF RESPECT DISTURBING

And your lack of respect is ok the way your acting towards Joe? Believe me, if I was to post this the way I would want to, you would see some disrespect. I just dont understand why some people want to come off acting like they are all high and mighty when someone tries to explain something to them to help them out. Thats what this place is for, to help the new guys out. To help educate the next gen of collectors who are just now coming into it or those who collected for a few years and just getting back into it. Theres alot more info out there now than there was 10-20 years ago on this stuff. I was one of the new guys at one time just like the rest of you new guys. I learned the hard way of whats what in this hobby by listening and taking advise from the ones doing it alot long. Those guys I got respect for. But someone like you coming up in here and telling us, after we did our OWN homework after we were told to look around, that we dont dont jack shit about what we are talking about, now thats disrespect. Ive had new guys come to me and ask for advise on things and di they act like you? No, Im best friends with 2 of those guys now because they treat me the same way I treated them, with respect. They didnt come in and say "your wrong because I know it all already". No they thanked me for me taking the time to help them understand what they are interested in. I take offense to people like you who come in and try to force your opinion on others when the proof is in front of you to show its wrong. I know it hurts peoples feelings when they are proven wrong, but grow up. Its a mean ass world out there and someday you will find out your not right all the time. I know Im not. Im always open to opinions, but once I find the facts to either be right or wrong, I dont go on a pissy fit and stamp my feet because I was proven wrong. I ask why it is and see where the other guy is coming from. If I still dont understand it, I look for other sources for the info.

7. So then perhaps the Ledy figures have different colors because of the shit quality of materials and production

That goes for all companys making figures back then, not just Ledy. If you buy a batch of plastic from one company and then turn around and buy from another place cheaper, there will be a difference in it. Like I always said doing construction work, if you want cheap work, thats what you get. If you want quality work, you'll pay for it. All plastics may have been made the same, but there was always that one factor in there thats going to make a batch of it bad. Theres no getting around to it. The same with paint. Not all paint was made the same. Some had more pigments in it, some had less. But until its all out in writting, no one will know for sure why things turned out the way it has. Unless you got a time machine over there hiding somewhere and go back to get your facts you keep trying to shove down our throats, I would like to see the proof you have. This area of collecting is an everyday learning process. All of us learn something everyday. So instead of throwing a hissy fit, ask questions like someone who can deal with it rather than like a 5 year old throwing a temper tantrum cause they couldnt get a new toy in the store. You'll be surprised how far a calm reaction will get you instead of the way your acting.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

VERY NICE ones. pirat :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://swvintagevariants.blogspot.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:26 pm

@Hutthunter wrote:

Yellow and green bodies or limbs are fine, they are discoloration. But I do not agree with the rest (green limbs, green snake, tan limbs).

This alone shows you have no idea what you are going on about, in the same sentence you just disagreed with yourself!

Some of these figures are 30 years old dude, what we are looking at now in 2011 is the result of the figures breaking down and turning funky colours, nothing more, this is really not rocket science, look on the back of the cards, do the figures there (not prototypes used for photography) show funky colours like 1 green limb and 1 brown limb? or are they how they were supposed to look like back when they were freshly made?

You must specify what you are collecting - are you collecting ANY figure that is remotely or drastically different to a "normal" figure? If so I could stick some Chewbaccas in the mud in my back garden and pull them out in 6 months and sell them to you as a new colour if you want? This is taking it all just too far and what's worse is that you are constantly looking for explanations that aren't there or inventing your own reasons why a figure is that colour.. I doubt anyone here wants you to spend your hard earned money on repainted or degraded figures but when you look at reasonable arguments and reasons why they are that colour and then just ignore it all and say "well I think it is a variant" you wonder why people get mad?

I think it's a real shame and it hurts my head why people would go after such things blindly ignoring all the attempts at help from other collectors who just want them to realise these are just shitty reject figures at the end of the day.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Maybe we should restrict the use of the term 'variants' for factory produced figures, which already had their present appearance when they left the factory 30 years ago (hollow tube Tusken Raider, burgundy Squid, blond and brown hair Luke Bespin, etc.).

Than we can call the rest ‘transformants’ (can’t come up with a better name now Very Happy), so figures which got their present appearance after a visual change during time (green limbed Chewie, yellowed Stormtrooper, etc.). The transformation is caused by degradation of plastics and/or pigments. The appearance of a ‘transformants’ might therefore be traced back to the exact composition of (a specific batch of) factory used materials, but still that doesn’t make them true variants.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:46 pm

kinda sad situation about the change in color, after 30 + years. It is hard to get ivory white figures like Luke or the stormtroopers. what bugs me is that the same Luke farm boy was used up to Jedi but still very hard to find even though the plastic used might have changed or improved in that time frame.

The only way to find out what really happened would be to have the brand or composition of plastic used in the Asian territories and other factories and that time to see if you can find the properties of those plastics. I am sure the toys were made with the cheapest plastics available at the time to avoid costing too much to make.

I have a boosk with a discolored limb as it looks washed out compared to his other limb. But i think a plastic expert would be able to answer this too in more details...
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:51 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Maybe we should restrict the use of the term 'variants' for factory produced figures, which already had their present appearance when they left the factory 30 years ago (hollow tube Tusken Raider, burgundy Squid, blond and brown hair Luke Bespin, etc.).

Than we can call the rest ‘transformants’ (can’t come up with a better name now Very Happy), so figures which got their present appearance after a visual change during time (green limbed Chewie, yellowed Stormtrooper, etc.). The transformation is caused by degradation of plastics and/or pigments. The appearance of a ‘transformants’ might therefore be traced back to the exact composition of (a specific batch of) factory used materials, but still that doesn’t make them true variants.

I think that would be a good start, but then you have to get those collectors to agree on what was or wasn't like that 30 years ago straight off the production line..

I definitely wish people would accept that some figures just didn't roll out of the factory like they look now, sure some types of degradation can help find the origin of the figure but that doesn't take away the fact that it has changed colour over time and due to the batch of plastic it was made from. They were still coming off the production line as mint as could be, Kenner and the majority of the other Licencees were still interested in a high level of Quality control even if it didn't always happen- but that is the odd figure out of millions. (Like Chris mentioned, REAL factory errors like being unpainted, missing weapons, arms or legs on the wrong way around or blisters attached upside down)

If anyone is collecting "Transformants" the term Marco just coined then sure that's fine as long as they admit that they know these figures are the result of things like plastic degradation, storage conditions, exposure to the elements and so on. This is NOT variant collecting as it should be (which IMO is the main factory produced variants- different sculpts and/or completely different paint applications that are proven to be from the factory and not a result of degradation)
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:02 pm

@Chris_J wrote:
Your response is what I was talking about. All guns blazing and everybody is wrong but you. As I said before, I respect everybodys opinion on what they have to say until they come in with an attitude likes yours just now. Dont take this as anybody jumping on anybodys bandwagon or what ever. But Im going to point out a few things on what you said.

1. Almost NONE of the variants were intended by Kenner

None of these discolored figures was intended by Kenner, so I dont understand your theory of almost none. Do you have the proof showing some of these were meant to be this way? I bet not. As for the wide stance narrow stance. Did you ever think that the plastic could bend that way from years of play? They were most likely not production mods or development things (what things are you talking about?).

So instead of throwing a hissy fit, ask questions like someone who can deal with it rather than like a 5 year old throwing a temper tantrum cause they couldnt get a new toy in the store. You'll be surprised how far a calm reaction will get you instead of the way your acting.

OK. I definitely overreacted.

But I would like to make my remark on variants clearer. When I was writing about the variants, I was thinking of all kinds of variants, not only about discolored figures. I said almost none because I think the tan limbs (arm, leg or both) Klaatu might be an intended variant. That kind of figure also has a bluish green face. But you are the experts, with probably much more experience. Although I have been collecting for 12 years now... I don't know what other variant collectors would say about it, but I think yellow can't come from pink... of course pale colours come from dark colours, but I think they are tones of the same colour. :scratch:

Wide stance, narrow stance. I actually have seen different figures (different characters, I mean) with wide stance and narrow stance as well, mint on card. Were they fakes, then? They seemed original to me. :I am stupid:

Maybe I acted like a child, I can admit that. But I did not like the tone of that message. I can put myself over it, though, like an adult. Thanks for your thoughts, Chris. Your words were much less offensive than Joe's and mine, and provided some good advice.

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:10 pm

I will apologise if you took my words to heart, I get annoyed because it's like when you show someone a green sock and they insist it is red...

You quoted MY post from a few weeks ago and said that the green limbs was nothing to do with the sun, yet my post didn't even mention the sun! That's why it is obvious to me that you weren't reading the posts and taking the information on, that's why it's annoying, because regardless of what people write that are in all honesty trying to help others not waste money on crap they just don't read it.

Yet a post of me being rude you do Smile Funny how that works Very Happy

Honestly- collect whatever you want but try to classify them for what they really are and NOT what you want them to be.
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:18 pm

[quote="Joe_O"]
@Hutthunter wrote:

This alone shows you have no idea what you are going on about, in the same sentence you just disagreed with yourself!

Some of these figures are 30 years old dude, what we are looking at now in 2011 is the result of the figures breaking down and turning funky colours, nothing more, this is really not rocket science, look on the back of the cards, do the figures there (not prototypes used for photography) show funky colours like 1 green limb and 1 brown limb? or are they how they were supposed to look like back when they were freshly made?

When I wrote about green bodies, I did not mean the Chewbacca figure. I meant others. Also, in many cases the head and the trunk (body) colour changes rather than the limbs. BUT I see your point and understand what you say. (surprisingly, maybe) Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

OK guys, very good that you sorted this out. Very Happy

Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 Darth,vader,hug,star,wars-e3c539416739c67e28b66bd3cacd4590_m

@Joe_O wrote:

I think that would be a good start, but then you have to get those collectors to agree on what was or wasn't like that 30 years ago straight off the production line..

Maybe a good moment to set up a list of Transformants.

I do a quick kick off, please add more...

SW VINTAGE TRANSFORMANTS

FIGURES
- Green limbs Chewie
- Golden dome R2-D2
- Golden Death Star Droid
- White hands Leia Organa
- Green neck Leia Bespin
- Metalic Green hair Leia Organa
- Green spotted limbs Wicket
- Green spotted limbs TC Jawa

ACCESSORRIES

- Purple smock Ugnaught
- Dark brown vinyl cape Tusken Raider

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Can we include the Black Ledy Wampa? Wink

I think I have seen several cases of Lobots hands going a funny colour because the paint has gone
crap over time, they kinda go mustard colour then peel.. yuck!
Back to top Go down
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Two more to include on the Transformantslist would be the gray/brown torso Boba Fett:

Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 Fett10

and the gold torso Zuckuss:

Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 Zuckus14
Back to top Go down
http://japanesestarwarscollection.webs.com/index.html
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:00 pm

I tried to get this in befoire, but my internet screwed up on me. So here it is again. Sorry for the long posts, Im just talkative today. Laughing

Honestly, calling them transforments is still wrong. Why not just leave it the way it is and call them what they are, deteriated figures. If we go changing titles of things up its just going to confuss the new gen of collectors coming in and they'll all just think we're all crazy ass nuts. No matter what color you paint a horse, its still a horse. lol! Like on RS one time they were thinking of changing the name of the Mex/SA bootlegs just Mex boots. But the names been there all these years as the Mex/SA if you go changing it up now all its going to do is cause more confusion than there already is. Does that make sense?

Hutt, what I was getting at with the wide/narrow stance I actually didnt finish in the post, in a way. Sure there are some MOCs with those stances, but just like the figures deteriating on or off the card, the limbs will also bend like that over time. It could depend on how the figure is standing in a card, if its leaning. Those with the cardboard between the feet could do the same thing. As I stated earlier, no one truelly knows whats going on with the plastic these figures were made with after 30 years. Theres just no feasible way to find out. Like budspencer said, they were most likely made with the cheapest they could find, and if you go cheap, you get cheap.

And we're not experts, far from it. Its just that we've been around longer and seen these types of threads over and over. What we're doing is taking what we learned from that time and trying to share it with everybody in hopes that they can learn from it as we did. Thats the main thing, sharing what we know with the next gen of collectors. Even guys like you who has been collecting for 12 years will learn something new everyday. Did you know back when you started that there were variants out there? I know I didnt when I started when the POTF2 line came out, and thats when I started collecting. But when I signed up on RS there was this big hoopla on variants and I dove in head first without learning about it. But as time went on and I started reading all the threads on it, I learned alot of these so called variants was nothing but bad plastic deteriating. I had over 400 figures here calling them variants when they weren't. So i know how it is when someone tells you what you got is nothing much more than a damaged figure. But you got to learn from your mistakes to better educate your self so you dont get burned in the future. But what gets us in an uproar is when a new guy comes in and blasts everything we try to help them with and tells us we dont know what we're talking about. As I stated before, there are new things to learn everyday in this hobby. No one knows everything about everything but one person and hes not telling us how the Earth got made either. lol!

Take my focus for example. I collect the oddball items like games, puzzles, etc. Theres a whole world of info out there I still havent found yet I would like know about. What info I did get was doing research on it on my own along with the help others gave me over the years. And if I do find new info on something I try to share it with the ones who shared with me before it goes public. Not once did I tell anybody they were wrong. If the info I found was incomplete I would ask why and go with that. Get what Im saying? The way I was taught is if you want respect, you have to earn it. I understand what you were saying, but you also got to understand where we are coming from also. We earned the respect we got by doing the same to the ones who took their time to teach us the things we now know. And all we're doing is trying to help teach you guys with sharing what we learned, but when we get shown disrespect, we give it right back in spades. If you want to learn more about this hobby and get more knowledge out of us old grumpy bastards, great. I'd love to help out anyway I can with anything. But as I said, respect goes both way, its not a one way street. Sure everybody has their own opinion on things, I respect that. But as long as its discussed in a civil manner and no one going on a temper tantrum telling everybody they are wrong, I might get back into discussions like this and help out with what I can. I know I would like to learn more about the items that came out in your country, Hutthunter, because I dont think theres much info out there on Hungarian items besides the bootlegs.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:16 pm

You know Chris is probably right, we should just call them what they are.

Degraded figures lol
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:22 pm

You know it wouldn't be a bad idea (as this comes up time and time again) to have a list like Marco started with all the degraded figures on there which could be locked and stickied and each time someone asks about one or starts up a discussion we could just link to the topic and be done with it. There are far more important and cooler things to discuss than a green limbed Chewie and I don't think I am the only one that gets pissed off debating things that shouldn't be being debated!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:27 pm

They've been called that for years now, why change it. The next thing you know you'll see it on Ebay as the new "Transformant Variant Klaatu grey arm, purple head, skunk skin skirt" (using that as an example Laughing ) just to please the masses on the variant kick and alot more people will be screwed out of cash because of it. Thats just my thinking. We're suppose to help educate people on this, not make it worse by coming up with new names. Sorry Marco, no disrespect intended, but changing the name for deteriated figures is like calling a Chevy a Toyota. Its not going to work in the long run, just hinder it.

Your right Joe, there should be a list like that started to help out. But as long as its labeled right it will work. No need in changing things up where no one will understand whats going on. One person will say deteriated and the next guy will sday transformant and we'll have a huge debate over the name next. lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Glad you guys made up Cool

Chris - Have you employed a secretary to dictate to mate? Or are your fingers totally wiped out now after those long posts lol!

seriously though, some good points. I think terming them 'degrading or degraded figures' is better and simple all round really to avoid more possible confusion. Kudos to Marco though for thinking about pulling a list together!
Different coloured limbs on the same figure - I've recently seen a darker limbed LXWP moc and loose - (just on the one leg - like what Budspencer mentioned on his Bossk in an earlier post).

Joe -

@Joe_O wrote:
I get annoyed because it's like when you show someone a green sock and they insist it is red...

sorry Joe, do you mean red socks like these red socks here? Rolling Eyes Smile

Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 27110

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Lol Paul nice socks! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:53 pm

@Joe_O wrote:
Lol Paul nice socks! lol!

Cant believe your looking at the socks, Joe. Laughing

Paul, I can go all day if need be, mate. lol! Cant help it today that Im on a roll. Went to bed late and got up way to early today. Running on 4 hours of sleep right now.

But yhea, a sticky list should be made and if possible with pix so anyone who looks in it will be able to see whats being discussed. Like Joe said, it will help cut down on discussions on things thats been discussed before. I rather talk about the newest discoverys than the same old deteriated figures thats been discussed before a hundred times. Makles life easier and the blood pressure down. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:02 pm

@Chris_J wrote:
The next thing you know you'll see it on Ebay as the new "Transformant Variant Klaatu grey arm, purple head, skunk skin skirt"

lol! that one sentence convinced me Chris.

OK from now on let;s call them tranformants, colour clones, transfigurants, mutants, ...erg...well let's just stick to detoriated figures. Very Happy

Oh, forgot about Yoda's green snake, we can add it to the list as well.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Lol, Marco. You know how the scammers on Ebay are. They are alwasys looking for the next flavor of the week to profit off of.

Now about the green snake Yoda. I thought the one version of it was confirmed as legit or do I need to go back and read some more? The one Im talking about is the rubbery feel one not the hard plastic like the orange ones are made of. I might have read it before but forgot all about it. A yes or no will do. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:30 pm

@Chris_J wrote:

Now about the green snake Yoda. I thought the one version of it was confirmed as legit or do I need to go back and read some more? The one Im talking about is the rubbery feel one not the hard plastic like the orange ones are made of. I might have read it before but forgot all about it. A yes or no will do. lol!

Actually it is still under debate. Very Happy

I tried to summarize the pros and cons as objective as I could in this htread:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?1067696-Green-Snake-Yoda

Personally I would say that the soft green rubbery snake, is a degraded brown snake.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Got ya on it. I was thinking of the brown snake instead. I remember the talk about it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?   Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Limb Chewbacca - Variation or Degredation?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-