The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy Factory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 Ledy

From what I can make out, this is 33 and is the address that appears on the back of the Ledy figures, however, this might well have been an office/mailing promotions building etc and NOT the address of the factory.

If it was a big place (I am sure it was) then it wouldn't be just one house number, it would be 33-43 etc
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Yeh im thinking the same Joe, perhaps the whole site was demolished and these are rebuilds
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Cobra_UK wrote:
Yeh im thinking the same Joe, perhaps the whole site was demolished and these are rebuilds

No I don't think so, I think the buildings look like they are 30 + year old for sure and as I said the address on the back of the carded figures does not indicate the location of the factory, the address on the back of the Palitoy cards for consumers for example was not the factory but another place that dealt with the paperwork etc.

I would say we are looking at a Ledy building , just not the factory.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Yeh that sounds about right m8, on with the quest lol
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Impressive detective work guys. We at least know the location of one Ledy building. Now we need to have a TIG outing and visit.

The only picture I seem to remember was of a street vendor or something in Mexico selling overstock parts. I'll see if I can dig that one up somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Perhaps we can all go there and build a shrine or something worth visiting, light candles and party n stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Didn't someone on RS post a pix of it one time? Besides Shanes thread, I think I remember someone else asking about it and a photo was posted in it. With the search screwy on there, I couldn't find it, but it was posted in the last 2 years if I remember right.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:14 pm

I dug up loads of factory / ledy threads Chris but no joy for a picture or discussion on the actual Ledy site.

John - Thanks for the address from the cardback, I enjoyed searching out the place, I hope we can get the actual factory address and that is mapped as well, its funny it was only this morning I was playing about with google maps !

Had no idea by the end of the day I might have identified a Ledy building lol
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:35 pm

It is your destiny Joe lol
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:37 pm

@Joe_O wrote:

Who knows Joe maybe in 1000 years even you may worth something?
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:39 pm

I will never be worth anything No
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 pm

@Darthberizing wrote:
@Joe_O wrote:

"Look at this. It's worthless, ten dollars from a vendor in the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless. Like the Ledy."
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm

No but ya toys will be! lol!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:21 pm

@coachk28 wrote:
@Darthberizing wrote:
@Joe_O wrote:

"Look at this. It's worthless, ten dollars from a vendor in the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless. Like the Ledy."

(cue music) da.dadada.....da...da...da...da.dadada...da.da.da.da.da

indy
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
phase3
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
phase3

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Didn't John A at Rebel Scum post a picture of the Ledy factory a few years back? I seem to remember he had photos of the factory.

From memory, someone at RS asked a similar question about the various factories, and how there were absolutely no photos of the Macau or Hong Kong factories (not even addresses of them) but there were a handful of photos of the Ledy factory.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:31 pm

@Darthberizing wrote:
@coachk28 wrote:
@Darthberizing wrote:
@Joe_O wrote:

(cue music) da.dadada.....da...da...da...da.dadada...da.da.da.da.da

indy

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 Jones_11

..... Speaking of Indiana Jones.

I dressed up as Indy for Halloween this year at school/work!

My students got a kick out of it and loved it... me being a history teacher and all!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm

@phase3 wrote:
Didn't John A at Rebel Scum post a picture of the Ledy factory a few years back? I seem to remember he had photos of the factory.

From memory, someone at RS asked a similar question about the various factories, and how there were absolutely no photos of the Macau or Hong Kong factories (not even addresses of them) but there were a handful of photos of the Ledy factory.

Thats the same post I was thinking of, but I can't find it for shit. Guess its time to call Monsterquest because this is one hella elusive creature. Laughing
Back to top Go down
phase3
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
phase3

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:21 pm

@Chris_J wrote:

Thats the same post I was thinking of, but I can't find it for shit. Guess its time to call Monsterquest because this is one hella elusive creature. Laughing

When I get home tonight from work I'll check to see if I saved any of the photos or not. Hopefully I saved something!

If not, someone might have to check through ALL of John A's posts in order to find it.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:23 pm

@phase3 wrote:

If not, someone might have to check through ALL of John A's posts in order to find it.... Shocked

Don't ask me! I have had enough searching for one day, I think I would sooner ask him lol!

I will fire off a pm and see if he has anything saved.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Oh, believe me. Going through 11000 posts of Johns wasn't fun. I made it to April '07 so far and haven't found nothing yet.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:57 pm

I saved you the bother Chris, I just asked him: The short of it is - he doesn't have any and it wasn't him posting any pictures up on RS .

Last edited by Joe_O on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Good. But the good thing is I found some posts that are interesting on bootlegs I haven't seen yet.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:06 pm

There were some Ledy factory pictures used during a panel at C3 but neither John or anyone else I have asked has seen them since or has copies so I fear this one might be a bit of a dead end guys,
I guess it'll have to be a 2010 TIG outing to Mexico to go and ask people in person lol

At least we can take our own pictures then Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:18 pm

I think there is a nice hotel down the road thinking
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:37 pm

@Joe_O wrote:
There were some Ledy factory pictures used during a panel at C3 but neither John or anyone else I have asked has seen them since or has copies so I fear this one might be a bit of a dead end guys,
I guess it'll have to be a 2010 TIG outing to Mexico to go and ask people in person lol

At least we can take our own pictures then Very Happy haha

LOL looks like Shawnie is one step ahead of us Wink

Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 Main.php?g2_view=core
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Factory   Lili Ledy Factory - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy Factory

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum