The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded! Empty
PostSubject: OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded!   OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Tonight i was just trying to put some comic books on sale to fund my star wars collecting but Ebay is becoming a growing pain in my behind!!!

let me explain: I put my stuff up and explain everything and to cover my butt i put this big disclaimer up!

- I will not be held responsible for postal mishandling of any kind, roll up of envelopes, bending of envelopes, folding of envelopes or any other type of damages done to your item during transit. If you want insurance on your purchase to protect your money investment, email me so i can get you a quote.

I put this up because i know this happens and will happen and i am making sure that the buyer knows that once it is out of my hands there is no way i cab gurantee that at the other hand you will receive a pristine package!

Now apparently Ebay is able to scan for keywords in my description and stop me from posting my items up if i put this type of disclaimer in my auction. They are saying that it is my responsibility to make sure the package reaches the buyer safe and sound.... OK! i get that, ( i like to have my stuff in one piece when i get my package) , but what if the postal services workers do not do a proper job and decide to actually bend the package, crush the r2-d2 i am sending out, drop it on the floor and walk over it or any other kind of things that could happen, am i suppose to ship stuff out and follow it all the way to the buyer now?

ok, it makes sense to try to make sure to protect packages that are worth a lot of money or rare items or vital items...but what is the point of putting insurance on an item that is low in value? It is like the postal service asking you to ensure every letter you send out just in case, gimme a break!

This is insane! You have to insure the package even if it is worth 5$ and then absorb the cost?! ebay is becoming harder and harder to deal with as every day goes by. this all relates to people here selling star wars stuff on ebay. Most people want your figure for almost nothing ( and who would not to be honest ) but now ( at least for me ) i would be forced to insure a 5$ figure ( if i was selling some ) and propose free shipping plus pay ebay for being the in between guy! gimme me a break!

geez, so with all the money overhead for me to sell on ebay it is almost not worth it for me because it coest too much to sell low value items and i have to put the overhead charges into the price of the item to the buyer who is not getting a good deal...wow, just wow!

i just wish google would come up with some crap like their own ebay instead of trying to compete against facebook!

as you can see i am very frustrated and i am not probably not the only one on this!

I do not want to look like a diva throwing a issy fit but i hope you understand my point of views...

cheers!
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded!   OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 pm

I feel your frustrations in regards to eBay. Unfortunately eBay has decided that they prefer their site to be filled with generic "big box" retailers. For instance, take Toys R Us, do you think they pay 10% of their sales to eBay? I don't. Why would a company who has it's own website decide to start selling on eBay? Why would TRU decide to pass that 10% on to eBay & not their customer base? What made eBay special is that people like me & you could sell on even ground with giant retailers...those days are gone! I have over 2,500 transactions on eBay with a 100% feedback yet my discount was taken from me because my DSR scores were to low. I don't remember the exact discount I was getting ( I want to say 20%?), but that is now gone. Check out the feedback on TRU, it's absurd how many negatives they have. eBay must have forgotten what got them to where they are...

Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded!   OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 pm

@RetroRewindToys wrote:
I feel your frustrations in regards to eBay. Unfortunately eBay has decided that they prefer their site to be filled with generic "big box" retailers. For instance, take Toys R Us, do you think they pay 10% of their sales to eBay? I don't. Why would a company who has it's own website decide to start selling on eBay? Why would TRU decide to pass that 10% on to eBay & not their customer base? What made eBay special is that people like me & you could sell on even ground with giant retailers...those days are gone! I have over 2,500 transactions on eBay with a 100% feedback yet my discount was taken from me because my DSR scores were to low. I don't remember the exact discount I was getting ( I want to say 20%?), but that is now gone. Check out the feedback on TRU, it's absurd how many negatives they have. eBay must have forgotten what got them to where they are...

i read some of the explanations about the change and straight out they put in one of their disclaimer.

isn't this a ploy from ebay to make more money or something stupid like that and they say no, because they say they want to protect the buyers more.

say what?! when did ebay grow morality balls?! all they care about is making money. i absolutely care about my buyers but when the package is gone from my hands there is not much i can do to prevent postal services to do a foul up! now ebay is "forcing" people into insuring their packaging, thus you have to charge more in the end of things thus ebay will eat more of your profit.

I just hope that soon a website comes along and just kicks them in the nuts and show them how to do proper business.... it is kinda sad because ebay is like the google of the internet, everybody goes there to sell, yet there are tons of sites that do the same thing for cheaper, the only reasons why i dont use them is because you only have more listing on ebay for rare stuff...otherwise they would not get my business, period!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded!   OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG Ebay is getting more and more retarded!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-