The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:38 pm

@Tank1252 wrote:
A big TIG welcome to both of you!!!!! welcome

Thanks alot Tank1252 , really enjoying this site the last couple of days, it's given rise to my regret of not been more knowledgeable in my younger days as to the value (not commercial) of what we had as "toys" .....but sure like everything else in life you either learn from it or shrug your shoulders and say cest la vie ....... however the way i'm feeling the last few days , I cant wait to be back in gainful employment and begin the next chapter of life i.e. becoming a first step collector of vintage variants and who knows maybe one day been in a position to fight it out with the big guns for those top target carded n boxed peices.

That said, it's alarming to see the rise in higher quality repro's flooding the hobby ...... thanks e-bay Evil or Very Mad but I've got to give credit to the guys who set this place up, those that have signed up and contribute and those out there involved in "keeping it real" on other such sites eg: rebelscum ,lando's locker ....are there others??

....and lastly a big thanks to the site for re-igniting my love of SW and bringing a halt to my decision to sell what i have......I've started to put some pics into my gallery (nothing too special) just to let members have a look if interested, i'll keep adding to it over the days/weeks ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New to the forum   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Greetings. I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Scott, I'm 40 years of age, and from Pennsylvania. I grew up on Star Wars, and have collected, on and off, since I was a kid. I recently came across a MIM Lando Skiff Guard with Lili Ledy accessories (which I may be interested in selling, so if anyone's looking for one, get in touch with me. My avatar is a photo of the figure) although I'm currently working on the Vintage Collection series as my main collecting goal, at the moment anyway.

A little more about me. I write for Examiner.com as the National Horror Examiner, National Horror Games Examiner and the Philadelphia Horror Examiner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:58 pm

My apologies. This was supposed to go into the " ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** " thread but somehow ended up as a new thread.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Scott Rotten wrote:
My apologies. This was supposed to go into the " ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** " thread but somehow ended up as a new thread.

Dont worry i move it for you Scott Smile Big welcome to the forum buddy!

Also a big welcome to all the new guys who have come on board in recent weeks it great to have you here Smile

Jay

Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi guys,
I just joined up yesterday following a recomendation from an ebay seller i bought something from. Glad i did so, seems to be a wealth of knowledge and interseting reading...
My names Thomas, i'm 34 and live in Bristol U.K. I just started collecting again after a period of 10+ years out of the hobby. My main interest before was Tri Logo MOC, primarily because of the extra card artwork and perhaps more so because at the time they were cheap as no one seemed interested - how times have changed. Nowadays, i have a very small collection, mainly loose figures. I collect on a budget as i'm off work due to long term sickness so whilst moneys tight, it's an enjoyable process scanning Ebay and the various forum looking for good buys, plus i'm learning more as i do so.
I hope to pick up some more knowledge and look at some nice collections on here. I'm getting really interested in variation figures and i have a little focus of Luke Bespin loose figures.
Cheers,
Thomas

Here's what i have so far, not much really, i have a few pieces to add since the pic - around 5 loose figures + 2 Luke Bespins, a Bounty Hunter log book and am hopeful to add a couple more figures over the next month.

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 Starwars

Last edited by BespinFatigues on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:18 pm

Welcome to the forum Thomas! Smile

Cant beat browsing the bay for vintage finds!!

If you chance you should get some pictures of your variants up bro Smile

Cheers Jay

Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi Jay, thanks. Yes i'll take another pic soon, only have a few varitions so far - Snagglettoth, Luke Bespin bright yellow hair, very dark boots, At At Commander and Bossk.
Back to top Go down
Nelg_Semaj
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Nelg_Semaj

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Heya doing Thomas,I'm a newbie here too, it's a great place, people are top class and the collections i've seen so far are mind boggling, I'm also a re-generated collector lol and like yourself on a low budget for now,anyways,just wanted to say a quick hello from one newbie to another (nothing worse than feeling like the new kid in school) .... btw , thats a sweet looking Slave 1 ya have there!! :clap:
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:56 pm

@BespinFatigues wrote:
Hi Jay, thanks. Yes i'll take another pic soon, only have a few varitions so far - Snagglettoth, Luke Bespin bright yellow hair, very dark boots, At At Commander and Bossk.

Nice one Bro Smile

Is the Luke Bespin Dark Boots figure you mention the rare PBP Version buddy? If so that's an awesome figure!

Its Left on the below picture -

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 Darkbootslukebespin

Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Nelg, thanks for the welcome Smile

Jay, yes it's the same but i don't have the correct lightsaber for it also the belts pretty worn Sad

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 LukeBespinPBP

Last edited by BespinFatigues on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:12 pm

welcome Glen,Peter,Scott & Thomas! Cool
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Scott and Thomas, Glen and Peter... welcome to TIG welcome

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi Thomas
Welcome to TIG i hope you will enjoy the board . I myself had been out of the collection for 15+ years and this board got me back.

It is a nice littel collection you got there. Your Slave 1 looks very minty . Is it MIB or ?

Best regards

Soren
Back to top Go down
BespinFatigues
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi Soren, thanks for the welcome Smile Yes the Slave 1 is still sealed in the box both ends, it was one of the last things i bought before i stopped collecting before and one of the few things i didn't sell thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Nice to see some new faces - welcome to TIG guys, it never ceases to amaze me how fast this site has grown - it feels like yesterday we were all scrambling around as it launched trying to find our feet lol

Enjoy yourselves here and ask questions if you have them - someone will have the answer Smile
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Welcome to the boards Scott, Glen, Peter and Thomas.

Thomas, I think your sealed Slave I is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
BespinFatigues
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

@Capetown wrote:

Thanks a lot Smile I just had a look at your collection - wow! absolutely amazing!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Welcome aboard guys.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:00 pm

@BespinFatigues wrote:
@Capetown wrote:

Thanks a lot Smile I just had a look at your collection - wow! absolutely amazing!

Thank you. Did you have many boxed vehicles in your first collection?
Back to top Go down
BespinFatigues
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:12 pm

No just the Slave 1. I mainly used to Tri Logo MOC's. I had a nice Tie fighter in SW box my mum bought me when i was kid, it was from a toy shop called Dawsons in Bristol - i miss that shop, all along the back wall was Star Wars toys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 pm

A large TIG welcome to the newcomers. Enjoy guys! cheers welcome
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi Thomas Smile

Welcome to everyone who has joined recently!

Rog.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Name: Paul
Single/Married: Married
Residence: New Brunswick, Canada
Kids: none (ever)
Pets: Four cats: Psycho, Floyd, Rudy and Buzz
Collecting Focus: Mainly vintage Star Wars with a new obsession with bootlegs
Character Focus: IG-88

Collecting interest: Vintage loose, MOC, bootlegs

Looking For
-

Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:18 pm

welcome Paul! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Welcome Paul! Same user name on RS, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1   ****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1 - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

****Who's Who? Introduce yourself HERE!**** Vol 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-