The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Palitoy and PBP figures ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:56 am

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t807015/

Interesting read....steel molds on the bottom of the South China Sea!! doh

RS member Eddie_A wrote:

I remember about as much as Todd on this topic. I know we were speaking to someone in either Production Tooling or a mold chaser but I would have to go back through notes as well. I'm fairly certain there are vintage Star Wars molds at the bottom of the south China Sea, it was cheaper to discard the mold after use rather than ship it back to the US.

Kenner farmed out alot of work and more often than not, the stuff got pitched. One company began sending prototypes back to Kenner when they requested them and after 3-4 trucks, Kenner called and told them to dump the rest. They were running out of storage space and didn't really care what got saved and what didn't. It was all about what was cost effective, as is the case with any company.

An anonymous TIG member on expedition in the South China Sea to search for the truth. Very Happy

Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 TIGExpedition
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:28 am

@Chris_J wrote:
I do believe all the parts for certain figures were made at the same place. I dont know where you got the idea the head was made here, the arms there and the legs in Cairo, Egypt. Razz Give this a read and maybe you can understand a bit on how a figure was made.

http://www.12back.com/features/creation/creation.php3

And heres some other interesting reads to go with it.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t930520/

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t962730/

Maybe these will help out so all of us dont have headaches anymore. Very Happy

Thanks chris for the links. But I still try to believe that Kenner had some factories in the east, Palitoy had some factories in the east, Meccano had some in the east etc. etc. etc. and the figures was maid on one one factory. Then maybe kenner had to many figures and then maybe palitoy did not had that many figures and then they sold some of the figure to palitoy and palitoy packed kenner figures on palitoy cards. Maybe with bigger toys the parts was maid on different factories. I once saw a video from a factory where they maid AT-AT.

Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:29 am

@Dr Dengar wrote:

Interesting read....steel molds on the bottom of the South China Sea!! doh

RS member Eddie_A wrote:

I remember about as much as Todd on this topic. I know we were speaking to someone in either Production Tooling or a mold chaser but I would have to go back through notes as well. I'm fairly certain there are vintage Star Wars molds at the bottom of the south China Sea, it was cheaper to discard the mold after use rather than ship it back to the US.

Kenner farmed out alot of work and more often than not, the stuff got pitched. One company began sending prototypes back to Kenner when they requested them and after 3-4 trucks, Kenner called and told them to dump the rest. They were running out of storage space and didn't really care what got saved and what didn't. It was all about what was cost effective, as is the case with any company.

An anonymous TIG member on expedition in the South China Sea to search for the truth. Very Happy

Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 TIGExpedition

Hi Marco, maybe kenner had factories under the sea lol!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:46 am

Just another quote...I think it matches in both threads:

As I wrote here and there...the most confusing part is that everbody posting on such topics has different opinions. Ill try again:

You have asian producers who sent figures to european and us. There figures were packed and sold!

But you have small local producers who produced some/all of their released figures on their own! Completely from the injection process, painting, assembling, packaging, etc.

You have Lili Ledy, Top Toys, Glasslite and Poch/PBP.

Lili Ledy: produced their own toys completley. Therefore used copies of already existing steelmolds. In the case of the MIM figures they made new molds or altered some (vader/Yoda) and produced so much of them to even get them exported worldwide.

TopToys: Completley made their own steelmolds

Glasslite: Altered some molds. The production started 1988 JC said if I remember right. Thats really late. Even the copyrights were acquired already 1985.

POCH/PBP.: In the "Poch area" every figure is completely produced in spanish factory. In the later "so called" PBP area only some are produced in spain, other were delieverd from Taiwan and others were exported from spain in large numbers to Meccano, palitoy, etc.

Takara: Takara has 3 Japan marked figures. These are produced on their own. But on the other hand they just imported US cards and put their stickers on it.

There is still a lot of questions remaining:

- Toltoys: Why is there a special VC JAwa?? Toltoys never produced on their own, thats why normally there is no toltoys variants possible! On the other hand there is a specail Luke orange hair (different to US), a special VC Jawa and the Taiwan only Vader which are assumed to be unique to australia?????

- Meccano: Also this factory never produced on their own. BUT there is also some special figures to french Trilogo cards. All have one in common...they have unique coo:
You have a tusken, Rebel Soldier, Death Star Droid, Boba Fett, Ackbar, Luke Framboy...etc
On the other hand there is some PBP figures which are painted differently then in spain but seem to be made from the same material, like:
Luke Hoth, Tie Pilot, CCP pink face (ohh...I here them coming...yep to me this is a french trilogo figure...not proven yet...I know)

- Palitoy: There is a few figures which can only be found in GB. These are rare as hell sometimes. Most significant is the altered coos. But most of the so called Palitoy figures (the ones that appear there very often) can be found everywhere in the world. Did Palitoy produced on their own?? They sure did on some playsets....and I think also on some characters...but honestly I have no clue about Palitoy factory. To me its the dump place of figures from all over the world.......

There is soooooo many question marks that we have to get an answer to! But for people who are realtivly new in the buisness this is surely too much!

I myself started with galsslite...then with a few Ledys....then TopToys....later PBP and no coos....the all ccos...etc....so I always used to focus on one area. Just buying randomly figures and lots will not bring you forward one step IMO. There is always a difference between one and the same figure put next to each other. Imo you have to focus...let it be a charcter...let it be coos...or a special production line. Getting all at once will make you crazy! lol!

Hope I could bring some light into this....

edit1: Kenner never sent overstock to europe IMO. The asian producers delievered the factorys directly.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:07 am

@_Rog_ wrote:
*This was written before I read Wolff's most recent post but I'll just leave it as is for now*

While I don't disagree with Wolff's wise words, isn't it a little defeatist to just say "your no coo figure 'could' have come from a number of different places" and leave it at that? If we'd said this from the beginning of variation collecting how would we 'know' that the "Meccano Boba Fett is unique to a Meccano produced Tri-Logo card" for example? Isn't it still better to list the cards and baggies these variants can be found in to see if there's a pattern? Sure the no coo figure may turn up in a Macau baggie and also a ROTJ Hong Kong card (and on a Trilogo etc.) but then at least we know it was made in Macau and perhaps also in Hong Kong at some point?

Its not defeatist Rog. Its just to help people who are realtivly new to the buisness to stay focused. This is not against the post starter, but I think you saw what happens if you give such informations to noobs for example! All they normally hear then is:
Palitoy Leia and PBP Hammerhead. And thats wrong IMO. The chewbacca and the Hammerhead can be found in large numbers in the US and in Europe. The word "can" be found on XXX card is already too much in some cases. I learned my lesson in the first coo thread. I made thousands of wrong Ledy ebay sales come true, because people just looked for the coo and not for the applied paint or other hints. This whole coo mess we started (Very Happy)...I think some people just cannot handle it. See, we both made this for years...and so we do handle informations differntly. Most noobs stumble in a world of 1000 variants and just go crazy. I think you also started with a set...and then moved on...slowly...like me?? So this is the way it should be. You cannot learn all that stuff in one month whereas we needed decades....am I wrong???

Of course you are right...without asking we had no proof or never would have found out on some figures. But Imo we only found out on the real rare stuff!! Why?? Because these simply go together with only one or two releases. IMO you can work with these and your chances to be successfull are much better. Other coos (and Im thinking i.e. for the shown Chewie and Hammerhead here) you will not and cannot be ever sure. these are far too often on the market IMO. Not sure on the Leia...though..

The next problem is the old and dogged so called "proven" facts that are simply wrong and make me go nuts if I read this bullshit one more time...LOL. Seriously....some myth will never die..... but thats another story.

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:03 am

Maybe it was wrong of me to show pictures of the stamp. I was told the figures was PBP and Palitoy because of the Mold and colors.

I just wanted to get a second opinion.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:06 pm

@pomse2001 wrote:
Maybe it was wrong of me to show pictures of the stamp. I was told the figures was PBP and Palitoy because of the Mold and colors.

You can "call" them so...although I dont think the Hammerhead is "true" PBP and the chewbacca is not only Palitoy.....
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:11 pm

@wbobafett wrote:
@pomse2001 wrote:

You can "call" them so...although I dont think the Hammerhead is "true" PBP and the chewbacca is not only Palitoy.....

Great thread Lars mate. Wolf do you think these where made by PBP?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi wbobafett, thanks mate.

Hi snaggletooth, thanks. I think this thread could go on for years lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy and PBP figures ?   Palitoy and PBP figures ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palitoy and PBP figures ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-