The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:02 pm

i can't begin to backtrack every yummy item i've seen here.. but man, what a lovely dose of good stuff here!
in the most recent addition, i must say i too LOVE that lunchbox, bud!

now, it's been a good while since i last posted anything here.. but at last i feel like i can contribute something worthwhile Wink
a BIG MASSIVE ENORMOUS THANKS to Paul (kisstour) for being so kind to receive and send these items for me!
your karma points have raised to yet another level mate!

here's my latest shipment from canada:
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0261

and here's what i found in the bottom of the box:
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0260

and then some shots of stuff in the sanctuary

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0263
iggy suncatcher!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0264
gde x-wing box!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0265
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0268
tissues! yay! (on the wantlist since forever.. and now i have two omg *pops*

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0271
man the thing is BIG...

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0267
bit of a grail item here.. spanish block puzzle set.. never knew it existed before i saw it, and snatched it Smile

and finally two pics of the current state of the union.. as i was taking pics tonight, i realised this is probably the last update in a long while, since i'll be packing everything up soon for the move!
i expect to be back in museum-mode sometime next summer... behave!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0273

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0274

Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Marco - cool LJ moulded face, and v nice background choice Cool Need to replace my nose-rub Hong Kong LJ soon with a nice moulded face version. Is yours the snap cape?

Cheers, the background I used for Lumat, btw, was the cover of ROTJ annual 1983 Smile

Thanks for the info, Paul!

The moulded face Luke came with a regular cape.

Bud: Nice X-Wing figure. I agree, it is difficult to get a mint one. In most cases the emblems on the helmet are rubbed off to some extent.

BTW: I like your description "Tintin eyes" for this figure.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 Tintineyes

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 TINTIN-star-wars1-560x731

Tim: Congrats on that very minty Yak Face and the 6-pack. This must be a great week for you!!

Soren: I totally dig those bootleg like decals!! Congrats on the Revenge card too!.
BTW: Have you already recovered bit?

Bud: Great lunchbox! Never seen one of those before, thanks for sharing all different sides. This is definitely the lunchbox one should be looking for.

Wouter: WOW! X-Wing Aces!!! And you are seriously about having two? A loose and a boxed one?!!
I can image why you also ordered the tissues, to whip off your tears of plain happiness. Very Happy
Do the electronics still work?

I also like the Canadian version of the early X-Wing box. The “Guerre des Etoiles” fonts are so cool.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 am

Wow..... Nice Star Wars room man! I gotta ask my Wife if I can have something like that No
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:13 am

paul (artoo) - 2 puffs boxes mate, not two aces games! Smile

thanks steve! i think we all should have one
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:32 am

How many stamps did it take to post Pixie? Laughing
Packing all of the oddball antifocus is going to take ages. Unpacking will be lots of fun- like a dozen Christmas' rolled into one Smile
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:08 am

Hyver that is a nice box of stuff , but what is that ESB puffy box ? I said it before , but i say it again i love your collection .

I'm still at home with the flu , 3 day down . But it made my speit rise when this baby arrived .

A nice trilog Lando skiff ( wich i had on my want list for a long time ) What makes this even more cool is that he is packed with two axes bounce

Love that miscard stuff Very Happy

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 Th_lando001
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:03 am

Wouter, congrats again on the scores. They are all fantastic.

Soren, Lando can whoop ass twice as bad now. lol! Lovely Tri, mate. The Puffs is a company in the US that makes tissues and they came out with ESB boxes back then. Theres 6 boxes all together with scenes on them and cards on the bottom. They are sorta holy grails for oddball collectors to find with the tissues still inside and sealed. But just as hard to find with them in it period. You can find empty boxes, but most are usually beat to hell.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:41 pm

@budspencer wrote:
this is what i mean by "Tintin eyes or look"

It will jump in your face right away when you see the figure for the first time if you read the books. The resemblance is a bit uncanny... it's like tintin ended up in an x-wing suit. Razz

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 Tintineyes

Thanks mate, I also love the new items you have received again popcorn

Hi Hyver, is it legal to mail kids with the mail ? lol! I love all the items you have there mate, I can see I have a long road to go study

Hi søren, 2 axes in a MOC, very cool. You are so lucky 🎅
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:00 pm

I got these 2 guys in today. Thank god for packing peanuts and bubble wrap. The box was killed but the items were fine.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Budspencer - good LXW figure with Tin Tin eyes lol (even the LXW with the wider-placed eyes still looks a bit Tin Tin come to think of it)
Love the artwork on the luchbox - is the artist credited? I always wanted that tin box for the XWing picture, not realising it had such a cool pic of the Landspeeder too Cool

Soren - cool set of colourful and funky SW decals, and congrats on the IC proof and the cool Lando miscard... very nice of the factory employee to include an extra accessory cheers

Wouter - hey good luck with the move man! Look forward to the new 'sanctuary' pics. Congrats on the pickups and good of Paul to help out. The Canadian XW and the Aces game are two items on my list somewhere down the line Smile

Marco - cool Aces game video link!

@Hyver wrote:
paul (artoo) - 2 puffs boxes mate, not two aces games! Smile

thanks steve! i think we all should have one

wrong Paul Smile in fact, not even a Paul, more of a Marco I think Laughing Oh well, you can blame it on time travelling or the impending house move if you like lol!

Great pick ups everyone cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: My latest purchase   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Lili Ledy Jawa is my most recent purchase. Thanks Ozio : )
I wanted to display him next to his Kenner cousin with the same COO, but these two are very different. I just love my new addition... He's a cool little dude : ) Thanks for looking.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 Ll_jaw10

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 Ll_jaw11
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 am

Hi curch, 2 cantina set, cool Shocked

Hi Steve, nice lili ledy jawa. But is he not missing cloth cape ?
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:11 am

Yup, missing the hat and robe but I still love the little guy : ) He's actually one of my favorites, just as is.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:35 am

stevefdwyer wrote:
Yup, missing the hat and robe but I still love the little guy : ) He's actually one of my favorites, just as is.

I have the same problem with some of mine figures, missing a weapon or cape.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:34 pm

woops sorry paul(s), and sorry marco!
sometimes i really suck at being me... :s
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:15 am

Soren: That trilogo Lando nicely fits into your collection of miscards. Congrats. Very Happy

Joe: Two Cantina boxes, nice!! Was one of the boxed damaged during transport?

Steve: Love that Ledy Jawa with his typical almond shaped eyes!!! Do you consider collecting more Ledy figures?

@Hyver wrote:

lol! Wouter, we just drink a few belgium beers at your new museum in due time, and we forget about the whole thing. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:29 am

A figure which arrived a while ago: The 'bird legs' Biker Scout. It is the figure on the right, the Biker Scout on the left is just for comparison. You can clearly see the skinny legs of this figure. He was probably produced in Macau though he doesn't have the typical "Made in Macau" COO.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_5205

For those who are interested (variant warning Very Happy) : https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3195-no-coo-macao-biker-scout-bird-legs-biker-scout

Preliminary conclusion from that thread:
• the skinny leg Biker Scout was produced in Macau
• for the French market (Meccano!)
• and (exclusively) released on "Fabrique a Macao" Tri cards.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:43 am

Obtained a while ago, but I haven't posted it here yet: Leia Boushh with Kenner unpainted helmet (and unpainted Ledy torso, Kenner production limbs), bought from Adam Burges via ebay. It is the figure on the right. The figure on the left is a Ledy Boushh with Ledy overstock helmet, bought from Chaz about a year ago.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_5207

There are clearly differences between the two unpainted helmets, pointing at different origins. I will post some more pics in another thread later today: https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2261-unpainted-leia-boushh-helmet-help?highlight=boushh

Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:44 am

@Dr Dengar wrote:

lol! Wouter, we just drink a few belgium beers at your new museum in due time, and we forget about the whole thing. Very Happy

sounds like a plan! Wink
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 9:29 am

Hi Marco you are the King king

You always find some cool backgrounds. Congratulations with the new cool items.

I have never heard about Biker scouts with skinny legs lol! But I love it, mate.

Also Leia Boushh is also cool
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:39 pm

@Hyver wrote:

and then some shots of stuff in the sanctuary

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0263
iggy suncatcher!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0264
gde x-wing box!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0265
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 IMG_0268
tissues! yay! (on the wantlist since forever.. and now i have two omg *pops*

Just because those pics are so awesome!

Hyver you are my god! i only hope one day to come even close to what you have in your vault!

thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:54 pm

ok, finally was able to find info about my lunchbox,

it is version 2, version 1 had no pictures on the side and i guess people found it boring so they issued the version i have which is way better but less rare.

at the end of the 1990's Hallmark reproduced that lunch box but it differs in size and has no thermos, there is a bunch of them on Ebay.

i was checking the lunchboxes out before getting mine and saw this description which i saved ( lucky me ) since i tought the artist was so good and i wanted to see if he had done more star wars commercial stuff... His name is below.

from a ebay seller - "This was the first Star Wars (1977) lunchbox released for the first movie (now known as Episode IV – A New Hope) which features great art by Don Hemry."

i have no clue if it is accurate or not though but there you go Smile

cheers!
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:55 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Soren: That trilogo Lando nicely fits into your collection of miscards. Congrats. Very Happy

Joe: Two Cantina boxes, nice!! Was one of the boxed damaged during transport?

Steve: Love that Ledy Jawa with his typical almond shaped eyes!!! Do you consider collecting more Ledy figures?

@Hyver wrote:

No. The box they were shipped in was totally distroyed, but the person that sent them to me did an outstanding job of packing them
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Got this a few months back, but I don't think I ever posted a pic of it. I love how his skirt is also in plastic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:23 am

Finally get to add something else to the thread. A huge thank you to Arnold (skywalkerhu) for these.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 Img_1929

Hungarian Star Wars (vol. 1 and 2) and ESB comics
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-