The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Those look awesome Chris. Now you'll have to learn Hungarian to read them.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Chris - Very cool looking books!!!

Joe - Klaatu practices very safe sex LOL

Wouter - Awesome haul!!

My Small World Focus took a turn for the larger with my 1st (and most likely only) foreign MISB 12" (forgive the crap pic)

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Imag0313

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Holy frack, those comics are amazing. I love the art and the colouring.

Z-6PO is a beauty too. I wonder what made them think they needed to rename him like that?
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:20 pm

very nice!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Awesome 3PO, John. Looks great, even if hes going to be lonely. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:46 pm

@Chris_J wrote:
Finally get to add something else to the thread. A huge thank you to Arnold (skywalkerhu) for these.

You're welcome!

Message to the other members: please PM me if you are interested in those comics! Hopefully I can find some more to sell. It isnt so easy here in Hungary as well but I can give a try! Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Marco - nice Biker Scout and Leia Boush with LL unpainted body - all looking cool behind those backdrops Cool

Chris - those Hungarian books are sweet. The artwork looks amazing! :clap: Who is the artist?

Joe - that's really cool how they thought to add some extra protection to the skirt in that baggie...

@curch wrote:
Got this a few months back, but I don't think I ever posted a pic of it. I love how his skirt is also in plastic.
Photobucket

You can see a similar attention to care with 8D8 and his cardboard insert to keep the legs protected. And C3PO rem limbs with his net inside its own baggie.

Well, as they used to say: "We really do care" Smile

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 8d8_rl10

John - very nice Meccano Cispéo! cheers Of course, you're going to be so tempted to get some more now - well at least they don't take up *so* much room Very Happy

@JesseVader08 wrote:

Z-6PO is a beauty too. I wonder what made them think they needed to rename him like that?

Hi Jesse, it was mostly just for pronunciation. For instance, the French don't pronounce a 'th' sound - as in Dar(th) - if they did it would come out more like 'dart'. Dart not as cool as Dark - so he became Dark Vador. Han would be pronounced 'An'... so they canged to 'Yan'.

As for C3PO/Z6PO... in English he was known as 'threepio' which was the sound of the letters 3 P O combined. To do this in French he would have been 'troipéo' which didn't sound so great to them I guess... especially with the 'seh' sound of 'C' attached at the front = sehtroipéo. So they changed the 3 to 6 to make 'cispéo'. The C to Z = 'zed-cispéo'

R2D2 they reversed to make D2RD 'dédeu-airdeu' or artoo = dédeu Very Happy

Hope that makes sense?

Our German friends here will soon correct me, but I think Darth Vader in the German SW movies was called Darth Vater (father)?? :?:

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:01 pm

OK then, here are my latest purchases:

Hungarian comics in supermint condition (very hard to find them in this condition). Thats why I sold my older issues to Chris J. Smile
They have been made by a well known (from those times) hungarian draftsman Attila Fazekas. All 3 issues released in 1982 and they are possibly the very first Star Wars memorabilien for all hungarian fans! (Thats why they are holy grails (for us) nowadays.) These issues were one of the first ever Star Wars related items which you could buy in the hungarian market.
(The very first items were the translated novelizations.)

Here you can find some infos about (I think you should use google translator):

http://www.starwarsklub.hu/06_toys_comics_&_games/toys_013/sw_klub_toys_013_comics_covers.htm

And here is a sample pic from the Return of The Jedi adaptation which hasn't ever released (yet?).

http://www.starwarsklub.hu/05_made_in_hungary/hungary_025/hungary_025_jedi_elozetes.htm

And here are my holy grails:

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Dsc01610

here, in the bottom of the next picture you can see a deleted scene with the old woman!!!!! ohh, and Tantive IV looks a bit... hmm... strange! Smile

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Dsc01611

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Dsc01612

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Dsc01613

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Dsc01614

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Dsc01615

hahha, Wampa? Wampaphant! Smile

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Dsc01616

and Triangle-like snowspeeders:

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Dsc01617

and so on...

again, if you are interested please send me a private message
hopefully I can find/buy some spare issues from an other hungarian collector to trade

cheers

Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:48 pm

very nice items and interesting back story! thanks!
what do they typically go for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:09 pm

yes, Kenner really did care. My favorite toy company ever!
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:05 pm

Artoo_Detour: Thanks for the fantastic explanation! I took French in school for a number of years, so I should have made the connection to the different pronunciation of C-3PO. It's amazing how you can forget a language when you don't use it anymore.

skywalkerhu: Great info and links about the Hungarian comics. It's pretty cool to have something that is the very first Star Wars item specifically for your country. Cool

Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi Guys,

Being french canadian i grew up with the french version of the merchandising of star wars.

The french version is somewhat special and dear to me because it is that way i saw it first and the first time you see star wars in whatever language you saw it, you are marked for life and you will find the other languages version weird.

Yes the names were weird in french, probably because of the lip sync wherein some names would not have matched the lips movements of the actor if they had kept the original english names.

The french version is funnier in many areas, they made Han funnier than the english version and there is a lot of dialogue in the movie that gives it a slighty different context than the english version and its all good! the movie is not destroyed at all but very much enhanced if you ask me. The dubbing was made in france at the time by well known actors and have always survived in north america.

Now The laws of dubbing in french in the province of quebec state that quebec actors now have to dub movies. So i grew up with arnold sounding very manly from france, to all of a sudden sounding very sissy when the Quebecers took over. Sad

But i think the reason why star wars remains unchanged is that it was done so long ago that that the law may not apply to it or that lucas paid a ton of money to keep it that way. Because i have seen superman the original movie sold with voice acting from france and then i bought a dvd set with voice acting from quebec which completely destroyed the movie for me. I looked long and hard to get the original france version of superman.

I also think that all the french Canadian would blow a fuse and assault parliement hill if all of a sudden the original trilogy was redubbed by quebec actors.

the only thing that saddened me is that the " la guerre des etoiles" logo is gone from all version, even the french from france have switched it to "star wars" which makes no sense to me. Maybe there is some copies floating over there with that logo but the lucas dvd set from a few years ago did not have the logo or the french crawl which blew it for me. they just had the french from france soundtrack in it... a bitter pill to swallow but i could live with it.

Maybe in quebec they have it as "la guerre des etoiles" in dvd format but i am not sure.

but now i listen to the french version and english version all the time Smile its fun to see Yan shoot first in french!!!

P.S

a nice little touch is that the man who voiced darth vader in french over in france came out of retirement to dub the few vader lines in revenge of the sith, he died ( very old man ) some years later. But i guess destiny kept this man going on until his full mission was done. I had deep respect for that man when i read this.

original french actor doing Vader's voice in revenge of the sith

P.P.S

the guy who voiced grand moff Tarkin in french seems to be the same guy who voiced Superman in the France version. very cool!

Last edited by budspencer on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:17 am

Paul, Bud: Thanks for all this great background info on the french part of Star Wars.

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Our German friends here will soon correct me, but I think Darth Vader in the German SW movies was called Darth Vater (father)?? :?:

Vader means Father in dutch. I think Lucas borrowed many words from other languages to name his characters, planets, etc.

So as a child I always thought he had to be someone's dad (Han? Luke? Leia?), and it did not come as a big surprise when Vader said "I'm your Father" in ESB. Would be nice to know whether other dutch or belgium members thought the same before the release of ESB.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Curch I love your klaatu in bag Very Happy

Hi Chris, hungarian star wars comics, never heard or seen it before but cool. Can you read or speak hungarian :?:

Hi Darthberizing, that large C-3PO in box is awesome bounce

Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:15 pm

@curch wrote:
Got this a few months back, but I don't think I ever posted a pic of it. I love how his skirt is also in plastic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey Joe

It is rather peculiar as Klaatu does not always practice safe sex as you can see by the 3 baggis types I have

2 are palitoy baggis one is heat sealed the other is tape sealed, & the other is a ESB-h style baggie, all 3 are genuine but as you can see only 2 of them come with the inner bag, but the material on the 3rd Klaatu (the one without the condom) is different.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 IMGP7210
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 IMGP6121
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 IMGP6334

Wonder what the reasoning is/was?
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:39 pm

@JesseVader08 wrote:
Great info and links about the Hungarian comics. It's pretty cool to have something that is the very first Star Wars item specifically for your country.

We have had some ugly bootleg SW figures also. But I definitely hate/hated them. And today there are lot of reproduced (bootlegging the bootleggers Twisted Evil ) hungarian bootlegs to sell on ebay. Nice... :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:45 pm

[quote="pomse2001"]Hi Chris, hungarian star wars comics, never heard or seen it before but cool. Can you read or speak hungarian :?: /quote]

Not a word of it, but theres no better time than the present to learn it. LOL I just like them since they cover 3 areas I like the most, bootlegs, comics, and SW.
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Very interesting about all of those baggies. Oh, how to keep up Smile
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi guys I have received this with the mail today Very Happy

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 Sta60029
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Very nice Tri, mate. The bubble even looks good for it.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:16 pm

@Chris_J wrote:
Very nice Tri, mate. The bubble even looks good for it.

Thanks mate, I am not MOC expert so I really hope it is not resealed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Doesnt look like a reseal to me, but JoeO is the man to ask about Tri-Logos. But it looks good to me.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:42 pm

It's fine Lars don't worry, well done Smile

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:48 pm

@Chris_J wrote:
Doesnt look like a reseal to me, but JoeO is the man to ask about Tri-Logos. But it looks good to me.

Thanks again chris, I had never had a reseal in my hands so I really do not know what to look after. Or maybe I have had one in my hands without knowing it.

But If it looks MOC in your eyes then I can only be happy :drumroll:

@Joe_O wrote:
It's fine Lars don't worry, well done Smile

Hi Joe, thanks for the help popcorn
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:43 pm

got my r2 from Taiwan today, love it!

besides the color difference and different COO, i noticed that the sticker seems thicker than the honk kong version and the blue on the sitcker is also different than the honk kong version.

anyways it is super nice, almost dead on mint white versus my other r2's whom have begun to have a shade of cream color in their stickers. I am sure it would pass as a real high grade at AFA for such a figure. I can say i am lucky with my R2's so far. What i saw and bought is what i got. I did not get scammed. Now i am missing the POTF and droids version and a better looking r2 sensorscope. I may try to get releases from other companies but i think it kind of be pointless since i think most of them have a Hong Kong COO ( correct me if i am wrong, i think lilly ledies are different but not sure) or get some baggies just for my focus.

A proven early bird R2 would be another goal to achieve.

ok here are the pics...for your enjoyment.

one on the right is Taiwan, the other is Hong Kong...

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 DSCF8898

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 DSCF8894

Larry, Curly, and Moe

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 DSCF8899
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-