The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

DT Luke Circle Variant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:30 pm

@starwizz wrote:
@wbobafett wrote:
I just want to "save" Steve and Starwizz and other to think they have a preproduction item! You know what real once are worth......thats all I wanted to say Wink Very Happy

REALY did i ever did say THAT ??????????

nope...not at all......and I also didnt say you said that. :scratch:

I was talking to chris calling it "preproduction"....and thought about other assumeing this (like you and Steve, because you have one)

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Steve...the end looks not regular, but as said it could be cut different. I can see some speckles from the color mixed in (dark spots, very tiny) which looks good IMO.

Really difficult to say but I again think the color is spot on!

I would send the pictures to Bill if I were you!
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Last edited by Starwizz on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Last edited by Starwizz on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:21 pm

@starwizz wrote:
@wbobafett wrote:
@starwizz wrote:
@wbobafett wrote:
I just want to "save" Steve and Starwizz and other to think they have a preproduction item! You know what real once are worth......thats all I wanted to say Wink Very Happy

REALY did i ever did say THAT ??????????

nope...not at all......and I also didnt say you said that. :scratch:

I was talking to chris calling it "preproduction"....and thought about other assumeing this (like you and Steve, because you have one)

ASSUMING something is telling something

Indeed I was trying to help you.....prevent you from thinking something wrong! As you already quoted you are not an expert!

But it seems you just like to argue with me!

Another great example why I shouldnt post here anymore!!

Now help yourself and please ignore me...as I will do with you from now on!!

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:25 pm

OK so back the subject : )
I did here from Bill McBride (after sending him pictures) and he said the DT "circles" saber is legit. I sent photos of the inner and outer. His reply about the inner part was.... "A lot of these were simply cut, or broken off at some point, so it's not an authenticity question, it's an issue of condition. (Not really that big of a deal, even production DTs are usually a 50/50 of having this sprue still attached." He also noted "Both pieces look fine to me. It's also a great (condition) example overall, so I wouldn't worry about the sprue missing on the end." So I hope this answers any questions about the inner saber being real or fake. I appreciate your opinions and help today. I feel good about this : )
I'm happy I was able to get some answers from the help of you guys and hopefully, like Wolff said, get some attention about this DT variant. Hopefully it will get recognized by AFA eventually......
-Steve
the pic attached shows exactly where the sprue was broken or cut off.....

DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 Final_13
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Last edited by starwizz on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey Wolff thank you so much for all your great info and always helping us less experienced guys!! cheers
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 pm

I agree, thanks to everyone : )
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:49 pm

So good news from Bill McBride for me.
But I was contacted by another Member tonight and he has one also. He has a sprue on the inner saber but it matches mine (inner saber) exactly. It was bought from someone selling a childhood collection and had no idea of its rarity. I think now I know 7 or 8 people that own one. I think Bill's theory on the Luke's "Circle" Variant being released as early production sabers as the early production sabers is TOTALLY legit.....

Other owner's pics

DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 Anothe10

DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 Anothe11

My DT "Circle" Saber pic

DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 Final_12

DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 Final_13
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 am

I can tell you 100% that the saber is legit, but then again you bought it from me and read every word that Bill Mcbride and I shared as I went through the authentication process. I am trying to get some better pics of mine for you so we can compare everything, maybe this weekend?

The saber in question was bought from a seller on ebay. We had a 2 week period sending photos, scans, and emails to Bill before anything was shipped to verify it.

I only sold this one because I fell into ANOTHER circle variant DT in a big lot from a seller who had no idea what he was selling. It was a large childhood collection on ebay, and I am sure a bunch of you have seen that thread I posted when I bought it all.

One thing that I did notice that was different about our 2 Lukes is the COO. Neither figures were changed out, but yours has a 3 line and mine has the 2 line. I am leading to belive that mine is definitely from an early bird set because it had the 3 other figures in the lot. Green bow chewie, leia with bluish gun, and the R2 with the darker markings (thats what made me study the Luke so hard in the sellers photos)

Yours came from the seller and again, he bought it in a lot a few years back and just lucked out with a DT because he had no idea. I wonder why the COO do not match up, yet the saber is identical other than mine having the sprue on the tail end of the inner? I doubt that mine was ever "upgraded" because all of the early figures have initials on their feet. Yours is as the seller bought it. Interesting.

DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 E8fc76f8
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:30 am

Super stoked for you on this saber! What a great score!

Best of all, is that I learned something new about DT's in all of this! Smile I had no idea about the circle variant!

Awesome stuff! Thanks again for everyone sharing!
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:34 am

I have an answer to that. The Luke I originally got with my "circles" DT saber was an early 2 line coo. I swapped them out for a better 3 line coo this past week. : ) Maybe now, I'll swap it back : )
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:39 am

here is another crap bag photo of my saber as it was when it came in (before soap and water)

DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 Bb8e7d48

you can see the circles all over the outer saber and the tiny bump on the higher part of the sliding tab just as yours has.

This was one of the auction photos, notice the dark tone R2
DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 2b01bdfd

Here was chewies blaster, its hard to see, but its definitely green. Not a blue tint, but a clear greenish blue, nothing like the other 4 I have
DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 C96208bb

I will try and get a shot of Leias pistol as well, I am 99% sure that this is an EB figure set, yet mine has a 2 line COO and Steves has 3, and from what I can gather, the circle variants are the earliest versions of the DT.

No, I am not an expert, this is going off of what I have seen and discussed WITH experts and not just spouting off of what I read somewhere on the internet geek
Back to top Go down
Tim Vader
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Tim Vader

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:41 am

stevefdwyer wrote:
I have an answer to that. The Luke I originally got with my "circles" DT saber was an early 2 line coo. I swapped them out for a better 3 line coo this past week. : ) Maybe now, I'll swap it back : )

HAHA, ignore what I said about the COO then Smile

You could always send it back my way if you are happy with the saber in a 2 line, lol.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:49 am

Never! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DT Luke Circle Variant   DT Luke Circle Variant - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DT Luke Circle Variant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-