The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Section Restructure Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Section Restructure Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Section Restructure Ideas   Section Restructure Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:33 pm

I want to clear up a point that keeps coming up that bugs me. It's a variation on this statement. "I know you guys don't like reading variant threads but.......". It's not that I don't like reading variant threads or that I'm not interested in variants. It's the attitude that comes across from the asker of the question or the owner of a figure that thinks they have gold on their hands. It's the disregard for the definition of a variant that drives me up the wall. There got that off my chest.

As for where to stick the variant talk. I think Both a dedicated thread in the Vintage Chat section or a seperate section for Variants on the main page both have plus' and minus'. Whatever gets done, I'll drop by and check it out.

I really think a thread will do it though. It works for the Bootlegs. We post new pickups and questions and it works ok.
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Section Restructure Ideas   Section Restructure Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 pm

I like the thread idea.

The fact is when you ask a question regarding a variant, people on TIG are giving the most accurate synopsis you will get. I would suggest there are very few factory variations that are not known about (if any) when you get on here.

Personally I love to find out origins of figures but I dont let the answer sway my opinon of the figure I hold. If I enjoy having it in my collection thats all that matters to me.

This type of thread will also help people go into a buying situation with all the facts and from what I read, this is the main driver of TIG members, to assist others in not getting fingered by the a'holes that lie about origins of figures.

My green 4-Lom is a great example. All the opinions / facts I got from members told me it was discolouration. I agreed. Which means if I see another one in the future, I would only pay the price of a regular 4-Lom figure and no that of a rarer vaiant.

I guess the main rule would be, dont ask a question if you are going to piss and moan about the answer !!

The thread would need to have a strong Mod and little if any chances given to posts that are not in the spirit of the thread.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Section Restructure Ideas   Section Restructure Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Chopper, I just came up with an idea like that today. I started a thread asking everybodys opiniuons oin it to see what everybody thinks. I want to do a figure of the month type deal where 1 figure will be discussed for a month. At the end, the next figure in line will go up. I already passed it along to the top exces. Razz to see what response I get. But for it to be pulled off without a hitch, I need them to see we are willing to do it and keep it all calm.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Section Restructure Ideas   Section Restructure Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Some good ideas, and kudos for ChrisJ for offering to take the job on - can see your name is already Hulk green now Wink
If the new thread runs alongs similar lines to VOTW and Marco's Ledy thread then it should end up a great resource.
Slightly O/T but while we're mentionng restructures can we have a 'like' button too please Smile

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Section Restructure Ideas   Section Restructure Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Some good ideas, and kudos for ChrisJ for offering to take the job on - can see your name is already Hulk green now Wink
If the new thread runs alongs similar lines to VOTW and Marco's Ledy thread then it should end up a great resource.
Slightly O/T but while we're mentionng restructures can we have a 'like' button too please Smile

I'll try and see if I can find one... I can't make any promises though.

We have the Kudos feature, but a "like" button my be pushing the forum software too far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Section Restructure Ideas   Section Restructure Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Section Restructure Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-