The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" Empty
PostSubject: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:03 am

Palitoy MOCs! I can't seem to win a Palitoy Logo'ed figure to save my life. I could bid a kidney , and chuck norris will show up and bid 3 of the 5 he has!

Anyone here consistantly getting skunked on something?

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

Laughing I'm proudly a cheapskate & get outbid on everything.
For a few months I was getting outbid by the same guy for Ledy figures & cardbacks ( & I mean dozens of different auctions where I was first loser lol! )
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:43 am

Ledy Jabba set. Got outbid at the last second when winning 3 times to come 2nd, when i finally won one on my 4th attempt. Strangely enough it went the cheapest of the 4.

Oh, & the Vintage Star Wars POTF Luke Skywalker Poncho 92 Back Unpunched AFA 85 MOC i got sniped on this morning! Wink
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:29 am

"I'm sick of being outbid on swedish stuff!!"
Back to top Go down
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:47 am

most things......I have realised its more satisfying not to pay the going rate. It just always work out!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 am

If I had to say right off the top of my head it would be ROTJ two packs with IG-88 in them. Got blown out of the water both times recently. But then again I'm like AJ and am a cheap ass. Smile
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:50 am

On carded DSD's get outbid every time, also on a Excalibur Food Dehydrator, not SW related I know, but every time without fail, must have bid on 20 of them over the last year, though each time I forget & leave it a month & check completed listing they have sold much cheaper & well within what I normaly bid it seems to be my Achilles heel Sad
Back to top Go down
colpar
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:43 am

@frunkstar wrote:
On carded DSD's get outbid every time, also on a Excalibur Food Dehydrator, not SW related I know, but every time without fail, must have bid on 20 of them over the last year, though each time I forget & leave it a month & check completed listing they have sold much cheaper & well within what I normaly bid it seems to be my Achilles heel Sad

In the meantime you've been lucky with the 4pack yesterday on RS What a Face i contacted the seller but it seems he was a bit strange. First he agrees to sell it to me , then he receive higher offers, then you are the buyer for the original asking price . Don't know what the seller is smoking but it's good quality :drunken: Razz

Great purchase by the way Wink
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 am

Sorry you missed out Colpar I got a pm back saying there was another party also interested & first to make payment would get it, so I fumbled away as fast as my fat little fingers would type & got payment over to him, to secure it.

Not the way I run my sales as its a first to respond on the thread thing for me when I sell, I find it the best way to deal & I do not entertain sellers taking higher bids & think its a piss poor practice to out someone for a greater profit, but I did only pay the actual asking price as stated on the thread, as you see I put my name up on the thread to confirm this - old-school me though that can be a costly perspective when buying collectable, but my conscience is always clear & peace of mind is priceless in my book.

Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Takara figures .... really starting to shit me !
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:21 am

comics and oddball stuff. I got a run of comics Ive been trying to finish for the last 6 years and cant do it. Some go crazy on their prices. Oddball stuff last year went just as bad. Seems like no one cared about the stuff until last year. And then everbody decided they liked it. Guess thats why I havent bought any of it for a few months.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 am

Strawberry Shortcake MOCs. ...............oh wait. Wrong site. Shit, secrets out. Nothing to see here move along move along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"   Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finish this sentance - "I'm sick of being outbid on __________!!"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-