The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grant_C
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant_C

The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Loved it!

Thanks again.

Look forward to the next.
Back to top Go down
skye
New User
New User
skye

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Wow, that is a gooood Gonkenstein! I love that it is hand drawn.

Back to top Go down
http://www.chewseum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:36 am

@Hyver wrote:
got inspired, thanks guys!

The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 Gonken10

that's class, Wouter cheers

Great show Skye & Steve, lmao - Luke's hopes reduced to nothingness!!
I think also C3PO's sobriety reduced to nothingness!! Very Happy

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:01 am

Vintage Pod #34 is ready to roll.... cheers

http://www.thevintagepod.com/

"November’s ‘Chive Cast vintage pod is unlike any other! The recent news of Disney buying Lucasfilm and new Star Wars movies was too big for Steve and Skye to handle alone so we called in the big guns and created a roundtable of vintage Star Wars star collectors from the Star Wars Collectors Archive, Gus Lopez, Chris Georgoulias, Ron Salvatore and Tommy Garvey.

We talk about the potential ramifications of the new movies on the market, discuss what it means to become disneyfied and reminisce about the mid 1990s.

But that is not all! We keep the roundtable around to talk about the figure of the month... none other than Boba Fett himself. You ever curious how the Rocket Fett got its name? How many of them are there? How they became worth in excess of 20 thousand dollars? About how they were discovered in Cincinnati What is a j-slot? We also have a bi-nugget and a multi-factorial unloved section: candy heads, underoos and cake pans oh my!

All this plus as much Dash Rendar, Sio Bibble and Dr. Allen Grant news as you can take on the ‘Chive Cast Vintage Pod."

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Vintage Pod #35 ready for your listening pleasure!

Looking forward to listening in later tonight cheers

Vintage Pod 35: Baggy Face Bossk with an Olive Head

"In this months issue we talk about about Bossk and his amazingly impractical fashion sense. Also, we chat about Hanukkah Rancors vintage furbys unloved dop kits and explain the meaning of olive heads, 31 backs and PPL. Our market watch shows how to put together a near complete Bossk focus for under $1,000. Our nugget features a call to the great Wookiee killer himself, Ron Salvatore, to discuss a Hard Copy and a captivating Mini-Rig.

New features include “Rugby Betting” and “Steve Filps the Script.” All this plus the news we didn’t get to last month in the Star Wars Collectors Archive Vintage Podcast."

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:17 am

Great show again Skye & Steve! Kudos for managing to record during the busy holiday period cheers

Enjoyed the Bossk 'space uniform' discussions. Here's a comparison pic of Doctor Who's Jamie wearing a bossk-esque space suit in 1968 episode The Wheel In Space'.... or rather Bossk wearing a Jamie-esque space suit.

The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 Jamieb10
Photo from: Television Crossover Universe

and on the subject of the Omni Cosmetics bathroom products here's the tag photo of the Luke X-Wing shampoo figural bottle - Omni giving their very best reasons why you should "shampoo with Luke" Razz

The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 Omni_c10
The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 Omni_c11

and Skye, thanks for the Toulon link! You chose a great side, Rugby Club Toulonnais receives massive partisan support here, every other car has a bumper/window sticker. The club badge features Lily-of-the-valley traditionally exchanged on 1st May in France, the flower also linked to singer FĂ©lix Mayol who donated their stadium to them in 1920 (ish).
Allez RCT!

The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 Rc_tou10

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:27 am

I love the tag that came with the Luke X-wing Shampoo. lol!

I appologise if this is covered in the Chive Cast, but I'm having speaker trouble wth my laptop (Wine spillage... Don't ask! Embarassed ), so I can't listen to it.

So, can you tell me whether the similarity between the suit worn by Jamie in Dr Who & the one worn by Bossk is coincidence, or is there a link e.g. same designer?
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:06 am

I think it's just coincidence probably, although you don't know if one of the ESB costume designers had seen Jamie's suit previously. Elsewhere on the net I've seen the same episode photo used to compare with an X-Wing Pilot suit.

Here's the pic (with Jamie again, and also Zoe)

The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 Zoe_ja10

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks Paul!

I'm sure the early Dr who series influenced a lot of people (even if only subconsciously) in the same way that Star Wars influences writers, film makers & designers today!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 4:22 am

The Dr Who and SW jumpsuits look indeed very similar. Fun!

@cantina_patron wrote:

I'm sure the early Dr who series influenced a lot of people (even if only subconsciously) in the same way that Star Wars influences writers, film makers & designers today!

And I am sure George Lucas was also inspired by others...

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 am

Vintage Pod #36 ready willing and able!! http://www.thevintagepod.com/

Looking forward to listening later this evening cheers

Join Skye and Steve as they begin their fourth year of broadcasting the Vintage Pod! The mysteriously motivated IG-88 is our figure of the month and he is discussed at length, especially in his 12" form. We feature an unloved boardgame and talk about new books, new podcasts, old patents, old photographs and a couple of foreign limelights.

For the first time ever, Fratastic Pete and Brisbane/Brisbane Mike join the show to have an interview and a market watch directly from the researchers themselves.

All this and the definitive Rugby bet on the 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod 36!

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:13 am

Vintage Pod #37: Muppet-Show Luke and the Great toy Caper

"Skye and Steve open this months issue with 35-year-old breaking news about the '77 Early Bird Set; spend much time discussing Luke's ESB fashion sense and the huge UZAY bootleg discovery; Skye interviews Star Wars Podcasting Legend Jimmy Mac and Fanboys director Kyle Newman in our longest interview ever!

Plus, Chris Georgoulias explains "box flats" and toy shop scrapbooks in our vocab; we limelight Bespin Luke foci new and old; and our unloved item is filled with fragile banks. All this and somehow more on the Star Wars Collectors Archive Vintage Pod!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!   The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The SWCA 'Chive Cast Vintage Pod Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-