The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Well it might not be Philip himself but someone with that Forum Id signed up recently
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:04 pm

A user named "Phillip Wise" did in fact sign up but the Email addressed to the account was not legit. It was summarily shut down.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
BobbySharp
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
BobbySharp

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Just recently signed up and tossing my hat in the ring for Joe. Besides, I'm always willing to expand my Star Wars talk with new folks.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:53 pm

@kisstour03 wrote:
I was unhappy the bootleg question threads got shut down as fast as they did. I'd like to know what would happen if someone who has a legit bootleg question came on and asked it over the next few days. Would they be shut down and given a warning?? i think I'll be done with posting on RS after this.

Nice to see some new members drop in here. It can only add to our knowlage base here. Welcome everyone.

BTW:

THUMBS UP for the "makers" of the bootlegs threads Wink Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Looks like TIG is already benefiting with some seriously knowledgeable collectors coming over from RS. Cheers and welcome. I'm still debating the position I was offered here. I'm in the middle of a ton of things both hobby and non hobby related.
But TIG feels more like home everyday.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Joe, I was asked my thoughts on that, and I backed it all the way. But at the end of the day, its your decision on what you want to do. If you feel like you wouldnt be able to do it at this time, believe me, the offer is standing if you do want it when your able to do it. Youve always been welcomed here for the things you've done in and with the hobby.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:02 pm

I think it's a great idea, and there's nothing else like it on the web, and nobody that would do it better than Joe (obviously). However, I do get that it takes time, and we all have lives that we have to run.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:34 pm

@dylbacca wrote:
I think it's a great idea, and there's nothing else like it on the web, and nobody that would do it better than Joe (obviously). However, I do get that it takes time, and we all have lives that we have to run.

I know that for a fact. The last 30 days have been hell for me with my work schedule. I was just able to do a few things here for the site in my few minutes of spare time. Personal life always comes first before anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:50 pm

@javiswspain wrote:
@Josh_T wrote:
This is one of Philips quotes that bothers me the most
Quote from Philip_Wise:
"There is no freedom of speech in this forum."
Source: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1079830-2/#post18778484

While Philip does have the right to run his forum anyway he wants, apparently he does not understand the definition of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is the right to express ones ideas or opinions, with the following exceptions: libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime, without fear of censorship. Yes, Joe may have used obscenity in his posts but he did not use it without provocation or just for the sake of using it. How does making a statement that freedom of speech is not allowed contribute to creating a positive, welcoming environment for the forum? According to Philips own statement nearly every member of the site should have been banned by now for simply making a post and expressing an opinion or idea. I understand the policy of not allowing political, war, or religious topics to keep arguments at a minimum and I also understand that there should be some level of respect and civility among members but a discussion forum cannot exist without allowing members to speak their minds or express their opinions and ideas even if they disagree with each other. Once you start down this path of instilling fear in members that they may be punished for anything they say where does it end?
+1

Damn, if that is not one of the most prickish things I have ever read. Yes, it is his forum and I am happy his "iron fist" feels good when it hits anyone that dares cross the line. I like the honesty, but hate the way he stated it.
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Seriously, if you actually saw the original thread, it was rather innocuous. Just a few members criticizing efx, and calling them out for putting out a substandard product, no profanity, just not painting a picture of the company in a positive light. They got a warning, but at least two members got a permanent ban over it. Pretty crazy stuff. Maybe there were posts delteted before i read em, but my understanding of it was that it was a pretty fucked up situation.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:08 pm

@Joseph_Y wrote:
Looks like TIG is already benefiting with some seriously knowledgeable collectors coming over from RS. Cheers and welcome. I'm still debating the position I was offered here. I'm in the middle of a ton of things both hobby and non hobby related.
But TIG feels more like home everyday.

Cheers
Joe

Joe - I'd love to see you join the team but life has a funny way of disturbing our SW collecting LOL

It's a standing offer, you're always welcome. When you feel the time is right, just let me know and we'll get you situated. I'm seriously happy to see your comment about this starting to feel like home. It really makes us all feel good to hear that. To see people coming here is obviously a testament to you and your impact on the hobby so I hope you realize what a positive vibe you put out to everyone.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Yehuda K
New User
New User
Yehuda K

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:31 am

This place is starting to read like RS circa 2005!

Great to see you posting Joe.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:46 pm

I would just like to say welcome to all the new members who seem to have come over from RS.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Its a real pleasure for me to read JoeY┬┤s post talking about bootlegs , even when i do not collect bootlegs...yet!! lol!
I really hope to see those posts here ASAP Wink
Best whises JoeY!!
Javi
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:26 pm

My intention is NOT to hijack or divert this thread, but I think a few more RS people might be heading this way. Things are getting ugly over there and I cannot remember a time when the Vintage crowd is getting screwed more. I post from time to time, in general. However, shit is going to hit the fan pretty soon... Of course, just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:18 am

It's nice to see that people are finding their way over here from RS. I see alot of familiar names signing up here. I haven't been visiting RS more than a couple of times the last 8-9 months so I haven't gotten a feel for what's going on over there or a feel for the new design.

However, Philip's post where he declared himself dictator of RS really upset me.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:35 am

Wow Shocked Shocked Shocked

More and more very known collectors here! Its a pleasure to see you here! Cool Cool

WELCOME!!!!

I think its good when members stand up to show the owner of RS that this kind of dictatorish posts drive away a lot of oldtimers, but to be honest.....IMO that will be a short amusement.....people will forget and daily buisness will go on. Anyway.....Ill enjoy this movement very much! I personally hope that most of the new members will stay here in regularly basis. I personally have my ups and downs with RS.....I use classifieds always and regularly, but posting has its timeouts.....Im curious how long I wont post this time! Very Happy
edit: damn....already posted....okay Ill stop now!

Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:16 am

I think the knowledge and experience on this forum are top notch. Some feel that "big guns" are needed, but I have always felt that collectors NOT a collector or a few collectors make the hobby strong. My strength are Jawas. Though I no longer collect MOC full time, I am willing to share my knowledge and experience with anyone. Hopefully, I will never be arrogant enough to say "I am an expert", just a collector who loves his focus. Nothing more, nothing less...
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:11 am

Well said Jason!
Also, I checked out JoeY's bootleg collection thread on RS last night. I spent a good hour or so looking at every picture and reading all of his info. I wanted to write and tell JoeY I think it is INCREDIBLE. The time, knowledge and love for that side of Star Wars collecting shines in your museum. I am not a bootleg collector but I really appreciate the presentation you put together in your collection, I haven't seen anything like it before. It is awesome and I learned a lot, thanks!
-Steve
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:44 am

Yea, Steve, if you posted some nice comments about Joes bootleg collection thread over on RS the words "bootleg" and "Joe" would have crossreferenced and their alarm would have gone off to lock the thread. His collection is quite impressive though, I'd just love to see it in person.

It's good to see so many people here though, giving him support. Funny thing is with the "Vintage Bootleg Thread" here, I'm been posting more here than on RS lately anyway.
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 am

Wow - the craziest people turn up here Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey Bill Welcome over to TIG Cool
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Thank You !! I'm in danger of going back in my anti-social collecting cave, and I have been creeping around long enough I thought I would
join in the discussions for various reasons. (hopefully to avoid me dropping off the radar again Wink)

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-