The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:22 am

I may join Joe on the banned wagon. A mod over there finally posted and he's holding the company line. And he took offense to my calling the mod who banned Joe a "moron mod". AND it's someone I've never even heard of from the Modern Section.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:31 am

@kisstour03 wrote:
I may join Joe on the banned wagon. A mod over there finally posted and he's holding the company line. And he took offense to my calling the mod who banned Joe a "moron mod". AND it's someone I've never even heard of from the Modern Section.

Sent you a PM on that Paul. As a friend, I'm comfortable telling you that you were over the line. I don't disagree with some of your points, but the delivery could use a little...............polishing LOL

Guess I'll be seeing you more here!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm game for a little change of scenery as well. Besides, word on the street is tig is what all the cool kids are doing these days...
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:25 pm

@dylbacca wrote:
I'm game for a little change of scenery as well. Besides, word on the street is tig is what all the cool kids are doing these days...

We've got Unicorns too...........

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Everyone over on RS who's getting on my case for being harsh seems to be missing the point. I want to see if I get banned for breaking their silly little language rules. If I don't get banned it shows an in-consistent enforcement of the rules. Kind of a stupid point to try and make I know but the guy, GNT, pissed me off. I get pissed off buy stupid people. So sue me.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:57 pm

@kisstour03 wrote:
So sue me.

People V. Kisstour 03

1 Count of Provoking a Moderator in the 1st Degree
3 Counts of Huge Signature Icons in the 1st Degree

How do you plead?

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:02 pm

I also posted over at RS. You have my support, Joe. A suspension for a whole month is a long time when a warning should have been enough.

Free JoeY! Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:20 pm

@Darthberizing wrote:
@kisstour03 wrote:
So sue me.

People V. Kisstour 03

1 Count of Provoking a Moderator in the 1st Degree
3 Counts of Huge Signature Icons in the 1st Degree

How do you plead?

I'm freaking guilty as charged. Funny you mention the huge icons. Thats the second time today they have been mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:56 pm

IF I'd at least gotten a "hey man, I know that you're a regular but...." message it'd be a little different, but this asshole hasn't returned the FB message I sent him and is being unbending with folks that have been talking to him. IF this continues the full month, look forward to my "final RS post" when the suspension is up. I just want to make sure that it's worded so that it doesn't come across as a slap in the face of those on RS that have been and are sticking up for me. I wouldn't be surprised if the noob poster that also got suspended, just made a new account and is back to posting there already.

Cheers and thanks
Joe

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey Joe, I'd be shocked if they don't just lift the banned/suspension punishment now that the other Mod stepped in. You have a lot of friends backing you, and I think that is cool everyone has rallied behind you. I would give it a little more time and I'll bet everything will be ok. I'm sure that new Member learned a lesson, well maybe not, but I hope he did. And I'll bet when he does come back he will change his name : )
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Joe, the way its looking on RS, theres alot of people who wouldnt blame you for leaving. Sad thing is, its all older members who are saying it. RS to me has gone the newbie way if you ask me. Its like the vintage section has lost alot since Ive joined and its just not fun there any more. TIG almost went that route also with the same things being posted about in 3-6 different threads. The difference in the two places is we have a better team here to stop it before it gets out of control. Its like what someone mentioned in that thread. Where was Ron, Gallo, etc. when all this went down. Normally they are the first to jump in and say Hey cool it or your gone. Thats one thing I appreciate about Shane when he was still on the mod/admin team there. He stepped in at the right moment and cooled it all down fast. The other guys dont do it like he did.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:13 am

@Joseph_Y wrote:
IF I'd at least gotten a "hey man, I know that you're a regular but...." message it'd be a little different, but this asshole hasn't returned the FB message I sent him and is being unbending with folks that have been talking to him. IF this continues the full month, look forward to my "final RS post" when the suspension is up. I just want to make sure that it's worded so that it doesn't come across as a slap in the face of those on RS that have been and are sticking up for me. I wouldn't be surprised if the noob poster that also got suspended, just made a new account and is back to posting there already.

Cheers and thanks
Joe

Joe....I know you are angry right now, but honestly: I think you will come back to RS and you will enjoy that site again (hopefully). Why leaving because of ONE mod banning you for explicit words?
The vintage section is yours. Nobody there wanted you to go. So just forget this modern idiot and this whole issue! Leaving a part of this hobby (and RS is a huge part of this hobby, especially for you with your daily posts) is punishing yourself and the community there that supports you!

You can see it like that: Because of that ban you see now how huge your supporters, fans etc are! You have a thread there that always reminds you how valuable you are for that hobby, for your friends etc....

Cheers

Wolff
Back to top Go down
colpar
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:19 am

There's been this morning an extensive reply by James Gallo ...

James_Gallo wrote:
Neither suspension will be adjusted.
Thanks

James G

Seems to be clear, they will not come back on the sentence.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:23 am

Wolff, It's the principal more than anything else. I'm not angry in any way(at anyone other than that specific admin). As clear minded as it gets, I will NOT be rejoining any discussions on RS if the suspension is kept at the full 30 days. I'm deciding if I want to keep my acct there ONLY for using the classifieds or if I should give them a REAL reason to ban me, and open a sock puppet acct for using the classifieds like all the other formerly banned members do and get away with..

All that said, I am not expecting nor would I ask anyone to leave RS, just because I'm plan on it. I appreciate my friends, support so far,but wouldn't expect anyone to walk away from RS. I'd feel weird if I had "fans" just because I collect. I'm just another collector. I rarely pull the I've done this, I've done that (for the hobby), as I really don't feel that I've done as much as I could or should. But in this situation (being suspended for 2x the typical suspension period and w/o warning by an admin that I've been collecting longer than he's been alive) I'm not going to stand for it. I think it's funny that "other" mods are towing the party line as it is. I don't consider myself to be above the rules, but the situation wasn't handled properly, nor was it handled by one of our own, which is one of the things that made the RS forums what they were.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:44 am

Hey Joe! I have also shown my support for you over on RS even tho I have no interest in Bootlegs/Uzays at all but EVEN I can see that you have made an important contribution to that side of the hobby.

Free Joe Y! Very Happy

Liam
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:56 am

Joe, don't you think you would miss posting and debating on RS if you decide to leave. It's still the no.1 forum for Star Wars vintage collecting. I can take breaks from RS from time to time, but to walk away from it would be tough. There are alot of good people there and sometimes some very interesting discussions. So I would urge you to really think it thru more than once before you decide to leave. You would be surely missed if you decided to leave.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:26 am

IF I feel like I'm muzzled and can't speak my mind. without worrying about some little bitch that kissed Phils ass to get an admin status position banning/suspending me, then I'm not going to enjoy it.
No matter what happens, I'll make sure that I can still take advantage of the classifieds, even a full ban from RS wouldn't shut down the tractor beam....LOL :emperor:

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:11 pm

I just find it really in-consistent that I cursed GNT out, I was over the line I was told by some, with the purpose of testing to see if the rules would be enforced. AND low and behold nothing happened. I think that speaks volumes for the mods over there now.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Well Philip Wise has locked the "Bring Joe Back" thread and posted a sticky stating his feeling on the subject. Not sure how I feel about RS right at this moment. Yeah it's the guys site. But wow pretty heavy handed I'd say.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:01 pm

For anyone not heading to RS. Here's the sticky Paul mentioned:

Philip Wise wrote:

I've just been made aware of the issues with Joe Y's posting that caused him to be suspended for month. I've also seen the diatribe that followed.

Stop it now.

I'm getting ready to lock that thread down. Do not start any further discussion on this topic.

Here's what you need to know about why this happened:

Yes, I let this section self-moderate. And it's been very good for years.

However, self-moderation is not no moderation.

Self-moderation did not happen, and the thread got out of hand by a member who good and well knows better.

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Oops. Forgot to post the sticky.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Can't understand why Phillip would perpetuate the edrama by striking a public gavel and belittling every single member by treating them like children. "Stop it now!"

I don't respond well to adults trying to tell other adults what to do. I understand it's his private site and he can do as he pleases, so be it. Won't ever find me participating in that type of environment.

Last edited by Msz124 on Sat May 19, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:34 pm

That post makes Philip look like such a dooshbag.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:25 pm

If you think that is douchy. Read this post Dylan posted that Philip posted in the RS props section.

Originally Posted by Philip_Wise
It's really been awhile since I had to step in and take action on something like this. Probably there are many here that either don't know or don't remember a few basic things that are dead set in stone by me.

The forum is not a democracy.

There is no freedom of speech in this forum.

The forum is provided here so people can hang out together and talk about Star Wars collecting in a manner that's mutually respectful.

I do not care how much you are pissed off at companies like efx, no matter how much you may feel they deserve it. You may not be disrespectul of them in this forum.

I'm sure there are other forums that wouldn't mind having your participation, regardless of its venom.

If you cannot live with this, leave. Right now. Just be done with it and move on. And no, I don't want to see any goodbye threads. I just want you gone.

If you continue, we will permanently remove your access to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:35 pm

This is one of Philips quotes that bothers me the most
Quote from Philip_Wise:
"There is no freedom of speech in this forum."
Source: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1079830-2/#post18778484

While Philip does have the right to run his forum anyway he wants, apparently he does not understand the definition of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is the right to express ones ideas or opinions, with the following exceptions: libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime, without fear of censorship. Yes, Joe may have used obscenity in his posts but he did not use it without provocation or just for the sake of using it. How does making a statement that freedom of speech is not allowed contribute to creating a positive, welcoming environment for the forum? According to Philips own statement nearly every member of the site should have been banned by now for simply making a post and expressing an opinion or idea. I understand the policy of not allowing political, war, or religious topics to keep arguments at a minimum and I also understand that there should be some level of respect and civility among members but a discussion forum cannot exist without allowing members to speak their minds or express their opinions and ideas even if they disagree with each other. Once you start down this path of instilling fear in members that they may be punished for anything they say where does it end?
Back to top Go down
http://japanesestarwarscollection.webs.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-