The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:52 pm

@Josh_T wrote:
This is one of Philips quotes that bothers me the most
Quote from Philip_Wise:
"There is no freedom of speech in this forum."
Source: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1079830-2/#post18778484

While Philip does have the right to run his forum anyway he wants, apparently he does not understand the definition of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is the right to express ones ideas or opinions, with the following exceptions: libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime, without fear of censorship. Yes, Joe may have used obscenity in his posts but he did not use it without provocation or just for the sake of using it. How does making a statement that freedom of speech is not allowed contribute to creating a positive, welcoming environment for the forum? According to Philips own statement nearly every member of the site should have been banned by now for simply making a post and expressing an opinion or idea. I understand the policy of not allowing political, war, or religious topics to keep arguments at a minimum and I also understand that there should be some level of respect and civility among members but a discussion forum cannot exist without allowing members to speak their minds or express their opinions and ideas even if they disagree with each other. Once you start down this path of instilling fear in members that they may be punished for anything they say where does it end?
+1
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Looks like Philip Wise has earned the rank of Galactic Emperor.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:11 pm

I hardly ever go to RS that much anymore cause of the attitudes some have over there. But to lock a thread that was started pretty much for fun for Joe, and for Phillip to post what he did, RS can go to hell for all I care. Josh said it best when he said where does it end. One thing that seperates TIG from any other site is the team we have here that is very leniant when it comes to matters like this. With hopes that it will eventually die down on its own, but when it doesnt, then they step in. We do try to be a self mod forum, but the actual mods do styep in when its called for and do it publically, most of the time. But if RS is going to become like the Third Reich and want to stop every damn thing thats said over there, I have no use for it anymore. If I want to be censored, Ill move to Russia.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:26 am

Locking an active thread where RS members are discussing the ban of their fellow scummer?!! :scratch:

Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 RSMember
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:15 am

I will say that there are a few members of rs that i will not miss over here at tig. Kind of a relief to shed off a few of the specific dooshbags by just hanging over here...
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:50 am

@javiswspain wrote:
@Josh_T wrote:
This is one of Philips quotes that bothers me the most
Quote from Philip_Wise:
"There is no freedom of speech in this forum."
Source: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1079830-2/#post18778484

While Philip does have the right to run his forum anyway he wants, apparently he does not understand the definition of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is the right to express ones ideas or opinions, with the following exceptions: libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime, without fear of censorship. Yes, Joe may have used obscenity in his posts but he did not use it without provocation or just for the sake of using it. How does making a statement that freedom of speech is not allowed contribute to creating a positive, welcoming environment for the forum? According to Philips own statement nearly every member of the site should have been banned by now for simply making a post and expressing an opinion or idea. I understand the policy of not allowing political, war, or religious topics to keep arguments at a minimum and I also understand that there should be some level of respect and civility among members but a discussion forum cannot exist without allowing members to speak their minds or express their opinions and ideas even if they disagree with each other. Once you start down this path of instilling fear in members that they may be punished for anything they say where does it end?
+1

Seconded here too
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Ill take everything back that I wrote....screw RS! I already didnt like the "post editing limitaions" that killed the reference threads!!!!

And now that ???!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

The members fill your bags mister wise! I really dont wanna know what you earn on advertisment!...oh sorry I do know....140 USD per day!!!???

http://widestat.com/rebelscum.com

Congrats!!

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Philip Wise wrote:

I've just been made aware of the issues with Joe Y's posting that caused him to be suspended for month. I've also seen the diatribe that followed.

Stop it now.

I'm getting ready to lock that thread down. Do not start any further discussion on this topic.....

I would like seeing us starting 100 threads about this topic at once......each member of TIG (or JY-supporters)....LOL
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:50 pm

That would be freaking hilarious if we all did that Wolff. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:31 pm

While I'm generally a rabblerouser, and I think that the idea of a slew of threads all appearing at once, and the admin/mod crew over there going ban-annas on everyone posting is mischievously beautiful. BUT I am friends with some of those same people and don't want to put them in the middle of this any more than they are. I also don't want any of my friends doing something that could cost them missing out on items in the classifieds or sales from their own for sale threads, because they're banned. I accept the fact that THIS situation is complete and utter bullshit. It's not a case of me knowing better and goading the troll on. He made comments that I couldn't ignore, comments that are far more deep seatedly hateful than me using a modified swear word in a response to him. Regardless of what happens, once the ban is over, I will NOT be an active poster on RS. I may have an active acct, but I'll only use it to buy/sell, anyone that has questions can visit me here.

Do as you will, and the support is more than appreciated. Just think before you act please.

Cheers
Joe

Edited to correct words used in the wrong tense.

Last edited by Joseph_Y on Mon May 21, 2012 2:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:35 pm

I really respect what Joe just wrote. He's looking out for his friends, just like his friends were looking out for him. I'm in your corner buddy : )
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:40 am

Hey Joe, I don't have the pleasure of knowing you yet. But, having followed this thread it's great to see how the community has rallied round to offer their support. You are clearly highly thought of & it will be great to see more of you here!
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:35 pm

What a messed up situation. I've been out of the loop for a while, so I've just finished reading the "Free Joe" thread over there.

Joe, you are totally right. For all the reasons that have been discussed before.

And the scariest part of all of this has been the comments by Phil that have come to light. It really bothers me that the tone he took has been a "I'm the parent, you're all the children" type of response. The whole point of the damn forum is to discuss, and argue, and agree, and disagree, and get pissed off, and make amends, and do all of the things that humans do.

Why the hell would I want to there if it's just a vanilla, Stepford Wives situation, where every post is "please and thank you."

I'm seriously considering ending my account there. I don't want to be a minion in a dictatorship.

Back to top Go down
AllanB
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:38 am

"And i, for one, welcome our new insectoid overlords. I'd like to remind them as a trusted collecting personality, i can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves & message boards..." Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 Saluting-soldier
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:04 am

Hey Allen. Good to see you over here. Been a long time since we spoke last.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:22 am

@AllanB wrote:
"And i, for one, welcome our new insectoid overlords. I'd like to remind them as a trusted collecting personality, i can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves & message boards..." Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 Saluting-soldier

Thanks Kent Brockman!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ricky_h
New User
New User
ricky_h

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Joe just wanted to let you know I'm with you on the principal of the issue. Phillip's comments made me sign up here today along with talking with Seth.

Ricky

Back to top Go down
phidias_b
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Hey guys. I just wanted to register here and show my support for Yglesias. Very Happy

So you can say naughty words here and not get in trouble? Isn't anybody thinking about the children? LOL.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:35 pm

@phidias_b wrote:
Hey guys. I just wanted to register here and show my support for Yglesias. Very Happy

So you can say naughty words here and not get in trouble? Isn't anybody thinking about the children? LOL.

Good to see you , oh keeper of the Bibs!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:58 am

Welcome to TIG phidias. Yhea you can say shit, damn, balls, and douchebag without being banned here. lol!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:13 am

I was unhappy the bootleg question threads got shut down as fast as they did. I'd like to know what would happen if someone who has a legit bootleg question came on and asked it over the next few days. Would they be shut down and given a warning?? i think I'll be done with posting on RS after this.

Nice to see some new members drop in here. It can only add to our knowlage base here. Welcome everyone.
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:59 pm

-Call most people who aren't from the USA untrustworthy - we recommend you not do that
-Call someone a Dbag for blantantly posting in the wrong section - 1 month ban

-Someone rips you off 1500 bucks
-You better not give the rest of the community all of the relevant information to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 BSK51
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:35 pm

I'm still waiting for my ban for telling a mod over there to shove his smilie up his ass. Very inconsistent enforcing of the rules. But that was my point.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Looks like Philp has signed up over here Neutral
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:50 pm

@Dark Sith Lord wrote:
Looks like Philp has signed up over here Neutral

Why do you believe that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.   Looks like ya'll  are stuck with my charming company for the next month. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks like ya'll are stuck with my charming company for the next month.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-