The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:28 pm

[quote="cantina_patron"]
@General Kahn wrote:
Quote :

I love music in general, but the louder and noisier the better, I am a hard core GN'R fan, probably the only collection I have that rivals my Star Wars stuff, is my GN'R vinyl collection, still think AXL's a twat though.

It's great to know there are still G 'N' R vinyl collectors out there Alex! I thought we were a dying breed.
I have a pretty extensive collection myself. Among my favourite pieces are the Spanish 7" promos & an original sealed copy of 'Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide'.

Awesome! Still haven't bagged a Live ?!*@ Suicide, it actually sells for cheap now (50 quid I saw one go for a while back!) which is good for people like me, but shit for the sellers, the Live Era 4 LP version however sells for triple that!
Did you know they actually released Live Like A Suicide on cassette as well, it's even harder to find than the L.P. last time I saw one of them it sold for 200 quid!!!!
The pride of my collection is probably my uncut Nightrain pic disc, would love the paradise City and Sweet child uncut to match but they go for daft cash most times!

Now's a good time to buy chief, I've won a few bits on ebay recently for peanuts!

P.S. I have a video of GN'R playin' at the CBGB's in New York, They only play 6 songs, Your Crazy, Patiance, Used To Love Her, One In A Million, Brownstone and Move To The City, it's all acoustic and pretty much the first time they ever played the acoustic songs off 'Lies' it's also one of only two live versions of One In A Million! But at the end of the show they sign autographs at a table and some guy hands them Live Like A Suicide still in it's plastic seal and all five members sign it!!!!! it's out there somewhere!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:40 pm

I am aware of the Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide cassette, but I didn't realise they were making that sort cash. If the signed 12" version came onto the market, with that provenance it should make serious cash!
The Live Era LP is on my hit list, but I'm not prepared to pay the sort of money they are making (I keep hoping to find a cheap copy at a local market or car boot, but I think most people have wised up to their value).
We'll have to see which one of us gets the white uncut Paradise City pic. disc first lol! (In our dreams).
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:03 pm

Quote :
We'll have to see which one of us gets the white uncut Paradise City pic. disc first (In our dreams).

Haha, never seen one personally, but I guess, you gotta assume it's out there? You seen one? I can remembe seeing a Nightrain Red Vinyl promo and a Welcome to the Jungle yellow & blue vinyl promo (forgive me if them colours are mixed up, it's been a while), they were 200 quid a piece 15 years ago, nevermind now!

P.S. the Vinyl version of Live Era and also the Jap C.D. version has Coma as a final track, they only played it live four times and this one is the best by far!
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:35 pm

Event the CD of live Era with coma is going for stupid money
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:44 pm

I feel an off topic thread coming on lol! i got this one and wondered about its current value. i thought about putting it on ebay as well as a bunch of DVD's to help fund my vintage focus. But the thought of it getting damaged in the post puts me off.
We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 Guns-N-Roses-Dont-Cry-660
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:06 pm

The Don't Cry pic. disc usually makes £7 to £10.00 in mint condition.

Sorry for derailing the thread guys!
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:18 pm

@cantina_patron wrote:
The Don't Cry pic. disc usually makes £7 to £10.00 in mint condition.

Sorry for derailing the thread guys!

Oh quite a common one then, think i'd rather keep it anyway Very Happy . Cheers steve
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:45 pm

wow... I finally decide to find and post a pic of me and now the thread is talking GNR? Evil or Very Mad
Now Slayer, that is another thing altogether! Wink
I still have some vinyl sealed (some Maiden and Slayer) but my true money vinyl collection tends to be frowned upon by most people. Oi! Oi! haha

Anyway...
Here is me in 1991 and again 2 years ago...
We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 8906026429_1e3313cbdb
Don't ask about the fucking dolphins.. I was high and the chick I was with at the time was into Greenpeace...
The hat, I have no idea why I was wearing it (I never wore hats) but at least it was a Rangers hat....
And the modern pic... yeah, I was long over due for a hair cut... I'm a #5 all across now.

Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:18 pm

love the pics General , Chris , Jason and Richard - bunch of damn hippies lol!

@ Chris - no need to feel humiliated by your pics - you want humiliating ?

heres a real idiot in action on his honeymoon in Branson ...

We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 Dsc07713

We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 Dsc07714

We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 Dsc07715

We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 Dsc07716

you just can't take me anywhere :I am stupid:

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:22 pm

i WILL find my G.W.A.R. pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:47 am

@ourchickenshack wrote:
love the pics General , Chris , Jason and Richard - bunch of damn hippies lol!

@ Chris - no need to feel humiliated by your pics - you want humiliating ?

heres a real idiot in action on his honeymoon in Branson ...

you just can't take me anywhere :I am stupid:

lol! lol! lol! great pics james made me chuckle over my breakfast this morning.

@ PT- nice pics mate, you're looking very 'waynes world' in that 91 pic Smile great to see yet another metal head on here too.
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:26 pm

To be able to identify some of you guys at CEII i went through the pictures in this posting.. What a nightmare Laughing 
And to keep it fair, here's my mugshot (not shaven for a week and probably after a terrible night.. It's still the best i've got Smile);

We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 Foto10

I'm Fred, just turned 37 and have been together with my lovely GF for 18yrs. Father of a 15yo daughter (and both REALLY don't like anything SF related and SW in particular).

Working on 'solutions' for the 2nd largest electronics manufacturer in the world.
My jobtitle says 'IT business analyst' but am mostly working on design and optimizing global transportation networks (and accompanying software) for customers.
I'm currently in the middle of starting a new company for my own (okay, with a partner) but wont bore you to death with details.

Top of the list hobbies are playing my guitars (into the blues), enjoying and educating about my fish and fish tanks and reading (anything will do).
Addicted to working, smoking ( i know smoke ) and Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Wow this thread is great Razz it's great to finally put some faces to names. I'm sure some of you seen my mug in other forums but those of you who didn't see my ugly ass mug king then here it is lol! 

I'm the only idiot to keep backing the NY Knicks after several years of failure! *This year is def our year* lol! 
We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 4696FF39-0DFB-4DA0-BB99-140544DB5442-281-000000296DCAC75F_zps54f3dab7

Here's me and my seed Leah
We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 Fa7135b8

She a wee bit older now, She's a Baller!!! Put a lot of the young boys to shame :cool laugh: lol! 
We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 23F55294-6704-4E99-B28D-78F45D2C3B24-295-0000002C38B5ADA5_zpsf2d5bf2b

Just thought I would throw this one in because I really love this picture, me and my seed on Fathers Day 2013 Very Happy 
We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 1BB90AF9-D689-410C-B31E-392F54257411-295-0000002CEEB6CEE3_zps4c27a2de

Peace out
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Forgot my bio No 

Name: June (Nobody calls me by my government name lol! not even my mother tongue 

Married: Yes (will be 9yrs strong next month) together for 13 :clap: 

Children: 2 Daughters, 11 & 16 <-- Older one from prior relationship (baby Momma Drama head bang 

Focus: Bespin Luke, Hoth Stormies, COO's

Other Character interest: Luke FB, Boba Fett, Greedo, SquidHead.

Non Star Wars collecting Loves: Vinyl Toys (Kidrobot, Kaiju, Shogun Warriors) Sneakers & Shaw Brothers movies. Also love Street Art :cool laugh: 

Other Info: Born in Harlem Raised in The South Boogie (Hip hop is in my blood) Always love to chill & spend time with the Fam and play my daughter in bball oh and also watching my NY Knicks!

That's pretty much sums up my odeeee post lmfao sorry for the essay lol!  lol! 

Peace
June
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:04 pm

GREAT pic of you and your daughter! Love the matching cloths : )
Steve
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:08 pm

I agree great pics but haven't a clue what you're saying.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Thank you for posting pics and telling us more about yourselves June and Fred (Thargoil) cheers 

don't worry June someday your Knicks day will come and you'll be able to say you were there from the beginning cheers 

I have been a Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan as long as I can remember - besides the few years that they had such a kick ass defense and won their 1 Superbowl , it has been a long hard road No 

I feel your pain brother What a Face 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Cool pics, June cheers

I'm not very sport orintated unfortunately... I'm from England for God sake, we just invent sports, we don't play them.... at least not well anyway. Being a sports fan in this country is a frustrating affair so I stay clear, always liked the intensity of B-Ball though, however this footage pretty much sums up me and sport in a hole Very Happy

Razz 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:35 pm

Great pics Fred and June, its always great to be able to put a face to a name  :grr: But i have to agree with Richard, no clue as to what you're sayin bud lol!

Last edited by chris.75 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:08 pm

June, don't listen to these guys they don't understand the essence of hip hop.

Now, you all know I'm a power rocker from hell, but I'm also a life long hip hoppa! June knows this and will appreciate this as a introductary lesson for you 'beginners'

A lesson in adverse English by the late and great ODB Very Happy 

P.S. June, has that Luke arrived yet?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks Fred and June, for sharing some info about you here.

Always nice to see some faces to familiar names. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 pm

It's great to see so many of the mugs of the people I have gotten to know so well here. It's great to be a part of this wonderful family.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:12 pm

@General Kahn wrote:
June, don't listen to these guys they don't understand the essence of hip hop.

Now, you all know I'm a power rocker from hell, but I'm also a life long hip hoppa! June knows this and will appreciate this as a introductary lesson for you 'beginners'

A lesson in adverse English by the late and great ODB Very Happy 

P.S. June, has that Luke arrived yet?

what a lovely little ditty Alex celebrate :drumroll: from what i can gather, there seems to be an awful lot of people in his house Smile 
@ June - I'm just kidding bud Laughing  really like the pics, especially the one of you and your daughter on the stone bench with your shades on Smile
peace out.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm not a real big hip hop fan, but i don't mind crossover bands. I'm diggin this funk/rock/hip hop crossover James Smile 
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks guys for all the love Razz 

I hear you thou fam, the slang is to cray sometimes for the average head. We keep it gully out here just swervin something lite nah mean.

Lmfao lol! lol! 

@Alex: I love ODB that album is a classic for sure! My fav off the album of course is.........

I also love Metal!!!!! I grew up listening to Metallica & obituary, megadeath, maiden etc etc I'm also into Hardcore like hatebreed & Diecast! Stormie Smiley 

Talking about crossover, there's this one band from New Jersey Calle E-Town Concrete! Def should give them a listen! Check out a vid below Angry SW 

This one could only be viewed on the computer not on the phone. But it my favorite song by the band!

Peace to all the G's in here lol! 

June
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!   We've shown you ours - now you show us yours! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We've shown you ours - now you show us yours!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-