The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Bootlegs from around the world

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
boring-fett
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
boring-fett

Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: thanks!   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 am

that's great to know, Daren... Because that Yoda is amazing, and the card is amazing, too, in its own right. I'm a graphic designer by trade so this kind of stuff really appeals to me. It's soooo not in my price range, but.... hard to resist. Smile
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:30 pm

@boring-fett wrote:
Hey all - not sure if this is the right spot to post this - I'm still quite a newb here - but what do folks think of these guys that have been popping up on ebay from time to time - and quite a few recently?

The seller links to this at swca: theswca.com/images-boots/russian-potf2.html which is fine, BUT my concern is that seems to have multiples. he claims it's new old stock but you never know.

Any opinions?

Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 Yoda-r10
I just picked up the full set of 4 from Gonz, great guy and a pleasure to deal with, they just arrived last week.

I could only get the one carded, thats the yoda, got Darth, chewie and hot pink bossk loose.

Actually got 2 bossks because i loved this boot so much, im a sucker for pink lol.

The cardback looks amazing on the yoda, looks a bit retro, i love it, and its great to have a representation of russia in my boot collection.

Now all i need to find is one of the older Russian carded figires like in this thread and i'll be stoked.

Does anybody know how hard the ones produced in 94 are to find ?

cheers
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:51 am

@AussieFortuna wrote:
@boring-fett wrote:
Hey all - not sure if this is the right spot to post this - I'm still quite a newb here - but what do folks think of these guys that have been popping up on ebay from time to time - and quite a few recently?

The seller links to this at swca: theswca.com/images-boots/russian-potf2.html which is fine, BUT my concern is that seems to have multiples. he claims it's new old stock but you never know.

Any opinions?

Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 Yoda-r10
I just picked up the full set of 4 from Gonz, great guy and a pleasure to deal with, they just arrived last week.

I could only get the one carded, thats the yoda, got Darth, chewie and hot pink bossk loose.

Actually got 2 bossks because i loved this boot so much, im a sucker for pink lol.

The cardback looks amazing on the yoda, looks a bit retro, i love it, and its great to have a representation of russia in my boot collection.

Now all i need to find is one of the older Russian carded figires like in this thread and i'll be stoked.

Does anybody know how hard the ones produced in 94 are to find ?

cheers
well done on getting yourself a set of these tony.they are awsome.the card art rocks Cool the pink bossk is definatly one of the cooler modern figures cheers as for the at at drivers,they are very hard to find but do turn up from time to time celebrate but usually expensive Crying or Very sad 

daren
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 12:14 am

Well that was quick. Someone is already bootlegging episode 7 toys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-wars-The-Force-Awakens-Episode-VII-Bootleg-Figure-Set-Kylo-Ren-Rey-BB-8-MOC-/121844718432?hash=item1c5e82db60:g:XpoAAOSwhkRWdmo9

Look cheap like the Mexican bootlegs. Bad paint and probably cast not injected but can't tell from the photo.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 3:03 am

Theyve been out for a few months now.they also come in 2 4 packs or boxed individually.plus theres still hoards of other figures like clone troopers and trilogy stormtoopers in ep7 packaging.but these are the first tfa figures.apart from the lego bootleg sets
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 5:18 am

@emperorburns wrote:
Theyve been out for a few months now.they also come in 2 4 packs or boxed individually.plus theres still hoards of other figures like clone troopers and trilogy stormtoopers in ep7 packaging.but these are the first tfa figures.apart from the lego bootleg sets

Yes I can lots on eBay right now, it's bizarre, like they have a Black Series Luke X-Wing Pilot figure on Ep VII packaging lol, and a Darth Maul/Clone Trooper combo. I didn't know about the Lego knockoffs - is it the stuff branded 'Space Wars' with things like skateboard and sword accessories?

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 5:30 am

Theres a lot of prequal and trilogy figures in ep7 packaging.those black series were the first.they made that set carded and boxed.theres also loads of others that are the same size but different manufactorers.the lego boots have a couple of different sets of real tfa characters and some others.like the space wars rebels packaging.that set comes with a captain phasma from tfa the rest are rebels or earlier characters.those skateboader ones rock
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Like Daren said, Episode VII bootlegs have been out for a while, it's actually hard to keep up with them now there are so many different packaging styles coming out. I would love for them to come out with actual bootlegged 3 3/4" figures on similar cardbacks... that would be awesome! The newer lego sets that are out now are really cool as they have the actual movie characters.. that's something you haven't seen too much yet. There will be lots more to come yet so keep your wallets handy, lol.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 11:08 am

Thanks fellas. I didn't find the newer Legos but agree, those packs with the skateboards are pretty cool and a fun packaging design too. Did you see the 'LEBQ' sets which do a spin on the actual 'LEGO' logo on the boxes?

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 11:45 am

Of course Smile there are many manufactorers of bootleg lego.some are subsiduries of others to keep lego of their backs Smile

Daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 3:31 pm

I think I have bootleg sets from like 9 or 10 different "lego" companies. Some are actually pretty well made. And the carded figures with the skate boards are pretty cool, I don't have those yet. I think Daren would agree that the giant blue lego Mellinium Falcon is the bomb!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 3:34 pm

I just ordered that blue "lego" Falcon, just sucks that I couldn't find a boxed example on Ali
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Awsome joe.its an awsome set.did you get the huge box chinese market one or the export one in english and smaller box? Same thing inside.but different box design.ausini also make some killer ships from the games.im loving the lego stuff these days
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 7:05 pm

It looks huge, but there was no box in the listing, it's not in hand yet. I went on Ali and was trying to keep it under 100, I ended up spending about 250...lol that place will be my demise....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Ahh then it dont matter as its the same contents.if your gona build it get some stress balls ready.when you build each of the sections that go round the edge and hold each piece of the top section to them,when you go to clip in the last section it pings apart somewhere.down the line.its like the base is 1mm to big a diameter.and the sloping front keeps falling off and the cockpit doesnt fit properly.you need to trim a small corner of one of the pieces so it fits in.but its all good fun after several nights of building it to discover these issues Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 8:24 pm

@emperorburns wrote:
Ahh then it dont matter as its the same contents.if your gona build it get some stress balls ready.when you build each of the sections that go round the edge and hold each piece of the top section to them,when you go to clip in the last section it pings apart somewhere.down the line.its like the base is 1mm to big a diameter.and the sloping front keeps falling off and the cockpit doesnt fit properly.you need to trim a small corner of one of the pieces so it fits in.but its all good fun after several nights of building it to discover these issues Smile

Yeah that sounds like good fun Daren. head bang

On another note, I will also hit the book thread in the vintage chat with this, Joe someone on rs has asked if you have any sample pages to be able to put them up on the Kickstarter.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs from around the world   Bootlegs from around the world - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bootlegs from around the world

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: The Outer Realm
 :: Bootlegs from 12 Systems
-