The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:04 pm

@Tank1252 wrote:
Just got the new TOS email from RS. Trawling through it now....

Looks like the discussion has ended then. Razz

WHAT A FUCKEN JOKE THAT WAS OF A DISCUSSION.

Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Haven't caught up with things yet today.....the 30 days to clear stuff etc was agreed to by Philip?
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Not anywhere that I saw.
Maybe it was. Tyler.H agreed that is what the new TOS suggested should happen. So that was a little win at least. lol!
Back to top Go down
KJ
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:22 pm

He claims to have already addressed issues in a specific post of mine.

I can't see where he has, and i know others that can't see that either.

Now he just seems to have ignored my request for clarification, despite his initial post saying this was to be a discussion about rules.

Then with people like Finest creating background static that completely overtakes real concerns, it's perfect for someone who doesn't want to actually really talk about real issues.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:27 pm

@Josh wrote:
Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 Badge210

I thought it was perfect. Not over the top at all. Not rude. I honestly can't see what is wrong with it. :scratch:

I agree! It's perfect! But I also understand what John is saying, so an edited design would be great. I'd like to support TiG at C6.

I'm done reading the RS discussion about the new TOS. Just fucking reinstate Joe and remove his pics already Phildo Smile
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:43 pm

I really don't want to be reinstated, I just want my photos removed from RS. Nothing more.

As for his idea of a "discussion" is him telling you all how it's going to be, and if you ask a question or disagree he'll tell you that he a. already answered it, b. just ignore it and pretend that you didn't ask anything, or c. tell you that if you don't like it you can leave. I'm amazed that anyone other than FC is still supporting him or his forum to be honest.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:56 am

@Joseph_Y wrote:
I really don't want to be reinstated, I just want my photos removed from RS. Nothing more.

As for his idea of a "discussion" is him telling you all how it's going to be, and if you ask a question or disagree he'll tell you that he a. already answered it, b. just ignore it and pretend that you didn't ask anything, or c. tell you that if you don't like it you can leave. I'm amazed that anyone other than FC is still supporting him or his forum to be honest.

Cheers
Joe

I just saw the email. This clearly shows that you did not accept these terms and are in favor legally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:01 am

I just wonder how many times that thing was revised from the 25th till now. I can imagine quite a few times.

Joe the only ones who are supporting him are the ass kissers anyway, so thats no surprise. And I see FC finally got quiet for the time being also.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:08 am

@Chris_J wrote:
I just wonder how many times that thing was revised from the 25th till now. I can imagine quite a few times.

Joe the only ones who are supporting him are the ass kissers anyway, so thats no surprise. And I see FC finally got quiet for the time being also.

I have not deleted any mails from my gmail, and I have no such emails more then the new one. The way back machine shows they did not exist in 2010, so if any where done it was in 2011, since I've been a member from beginning of 2011 I should have gotten them, if there where any.

Edit:
It looks like the thing from the beginning was made just after Joseph was banned to be able to steal his pics. Now he tries to make him look better and I am sure he have looked it through quiet a few times the past days.

Quote :
5. LICENSE GRANTED TO THE DOMAIN
You grant the Domain the world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to preserve and display and publish to the forum any Content you Transmit through the Service, whether your membership is active or discontinued. This specifically does not include publishing the Content in any other format.

Is still outrageous. While it prevents him from using it at conventions, books etc but he can still just pick and choose what he likes to use for Rebelscums new logo, banners etc. Which he have done before. So he can still random kick anyone out when they try to remove the pics.

I would suggest to anyone having a large amount of pictures over there too look at what happened to Joseph. Remove your pics, host them somewhere else and link them to RS.

I assume this was not sent out to banned members, so Joseph are in no danger by the new rules.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:37 am

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083441/

Anyone know who this is? Neutral

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 Al_bundy_gtfo_gif

Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:55 am

Hahaha, Al Bundy at his best!!!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:01 am

I'd imagine that is a sock puppet for someone that already belongs to RS. One of my detractors obviously. If it's actually a UK guy, I'd guess that it's Itficain if I were a guessing man, he's had a dislike for me, with no reason that I can think of, for a while.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:19 am

happy he found a place that fit him better, It's bound to happen in situations like this. Not so fund of the callsign though.
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:21 am

I highly doubt Iain would do that, regardless of his feelings towards you Joseph.
Looks to me like it's just another troll.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:27 am

I just mentioned him, as he's one of those people that doesn't like me and I have NO idea why. We actually agree about quite a few things. Not gonna lose any sleep over it regardless of who it is. IF they don't have the nerve to call me out either publicly or via PM(or in a forum that I can reply in...lol), then they can't be too strong in their convictions. Can't please everyone....oh well. Rolling Eyes

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:34 am

I have no idea about the history between you and Iain, other than what I've seen posted on SWFUK in the last week or so.
But when push comes to shove, all of it comes across as childish.
All the different forums have something of their own to contribute to the community, and it has been fun, having the oportunity to be on all of them,
but lately the buzz of being on the forums is dying, with the looks of things, a train wreck is turning into a nuclear wasteland.
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:38 am

Hey Joe - check your (aol) email

Bill
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:45 am

At least here it's been contained to this one thread, and other than this one thread, I've tried to contribute a lot of positive stuff here and even on SWFUK. Me and Todd(tiefighterboy) even squelched our issues and have been joking back and forth in the oddball SW items thread. I don't want to see all this negativity in our hobby either.This isn't fun for me. I've had the phone in my hand more than once over this with Tom D's number in front of me, thinking about calling him and bulking my entire collection out to him just to get away from this shit. I just want to collect my stuff, have some fun, and be on with it. Unfortunately that can't happen for me until my photos are erased from RS. The rest of the community now has Philips joke of a TOS to decide if they agree with or not, and individually or as a group, the community needs to go on from there. Am I partially responsible for whats happened, yes, but honestly IF I knew that my posting a goodbye thread would have sparked all of this bullshit, I wouldn't have. I would have quietly deleted my pics and that would have been that.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:53 am

Well if you and TFB can settle your differences, then it's hope for all of us! cheers
I certainly hope this all dies out soon, and we all can get on with having fun, I actually caught myself thinking of leaving the forums today,
with all the negativity going on it wouldn't be much to miss, and my wallet would be alot happier! lol!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:55 am

@tundra9 wrote:
I actually caught myself thinking of leaving the forums today,

You obviously didn't read TIG's TOS. You can't leave, ever. You get to delete your pics, but we keep your soul Twisted Evil

You really should've read them LOL

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:56 am

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 StarWars_vader_noooo-thumb-550x378-32922
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 am

@DarthBerizing wrote:

You obviously didn't read TIG's TOS. You can't leave, ever. You get to delete your pics, but we keep your soul Twisted Evil

You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:04 am

I gotta agree with Bills post on RS, it's over and done with...aside for Joe. Good luck with everything Joe.
I thought Todd G had a fantastic compromise and it was never even acknowledged. Of course if the limelight section was exempt that would mean Joe could pull his down, so I knew it was doomed from the start.

I got goaded into posting today by whomever Liam is but will just ignore the trolling posts in all three forums I visit. I'm in the same boat as Tundra and was thinking about taking some time off from the forums but I enjoy reading/learning so why punish myself because of a couple of trolls?

Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:05 am

@tundra9 wrote:
Well if you and TFB can settle your differences, then it's hope for all of us! cheers
I certainly hope this all dies out soon, and we all can get on with having fun, I actually caught myself thinking of leaving the forums today,
with all the negativity going on it wouldn't be much to miss, and my wallet would be alot happier! lol!

I think that other than Phils reaction to the papers he's being mailed this week, and a few goodbye/hello threads here and there, that people just need to decide where they feel most comfortable as far as forums go, and some degree of normalcy will resume shortly. I've been (behind the scenes) working, throughout this entire mess, on the bootleg section and articles for interactive. My pace hasn't been what it should be because of all of this. But, progress in the right direction none the less, and it's likely the only thing that's kept me from stepping back myself.

Of course you do realize that the second you leave for a few, everything that you've been looking to buy will come up for sale....LOL Stick around, the worst of it is over as far as I can see.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:19 am

@DarthBerizing wrote:
@tundra9 wrote:
I actually caught myself thinking of leaving the forums today,

You haven't changed the TOS lately with out us knowing, now have you? No
lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-