The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:20 am

@Rawlin wrote:
@DarthBerizing wrote:
@tundra9 wrote:
I actually caught myself thinking of leaving the forums today,

You obviously didn't read TIG's TOS. You can't leave, ever. You get to delete your pics, but we keep your soul Twisted Evil

You really should've read them LOL

You haven't changed the TOS lately with out us knowing, now have you? No
lol

31 Days ago Muwhahwahwahwhahwaaa!!!!!!!!!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:24 am

@DarthBerizing wrote:
@Rawlin wrote:
@DarthBerizing wrote:
@tundra9 wrote:
I actually caught myself thinking of leaving the forums today,

You obviously didn't read TIG's TOS. You can't leave, ever. You get to delete your pics, but we keep your soul Twisted Evil

You really should've read them LOL

You haven't changed the TOS lately with out us knowing, now have you? No
lol

31 Days ago Muwhahwahwahwhahwaaa!!!!!!!!!

AWHMYGOD!!1!

Seriously though, Joseph I can't see how you can loose this. anyway I look at it your in favor. I said it before but I hope everything goes well for you and I hope everything goes to hell for the greedy ass that refuse to do whats right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:41 am

It's pretty much open and shut. It just depends on if he listens to the C&D or if he wants to drag it to court(and have me ask for $$$ damages to cover the annoyance and legal fees of all this) before he loses.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 am

@Joseph_Y wrote:
It's pretty much open and shut. It just depends on if he listens to the C&D or if he wants to drag it to court(and have me ask for $$$ damages to cover the annoyance and legal fees of all this) before he loses.

Be sure to claim for everyone of those 1300 pictures if it goes that far. Also for the fees and annoyance it's caused you. If it have interfered with your work he should have to pay that.
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:23 pm

@Joseph_Y wrote:
Finest Comics is and has been a troll since day one. I'll once again point out how he was a copyright warrior (in his mind) defending copyrights under all circumstances, when he was trying to rally folks against bootleg toys. I guarantee that if it were any other user that this happened to, he'd be citing copyright law left and right against what is happening.

ALSO....IF RS users have 30 days to move/remove their pics w.o penalty(as per the new TOS), why was I permanently banned for removing mine?

Cheers
Joe

Yes, I have had a tilt or two with you on copyright, and have come away from those discussions thinking both sides had valid points. I also came away thinking the history of bootlegs and their coolness greatly overshadow any licensing aspect.

I have also taken time to read through all the threads on what's happened on RS. I believe this thread is a compelling read and hope RS members take time to read it as well.

I say its compelling because after reading your perspective and opinion, these photos clearly mean a great deal to you. Your thread is asking for an opinion and I really don't know I can offer one that would be helpful to your specific situation.

Despite this, I do hope a positive outcome will come of this for you, as the images clearly become more meaningful when they are connected to their curator and owner.

Joe
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 pm

@finestcomics wrote:
@Joseph_Y wrote:
Finest Comics is and has been a troll since day one. I'll once again point out how he was a copyright warrior (in his mind) defending copyrights under all circumstances, when he was trying to rally folks against bootleg toys. I guarantee that if it were any other user that this happened to, he'd be citing copyright law left and right against what is happening.

ALSO....IF RS users have 30 days to move/remove their pics w.o penalty(as per the new TOS), why was I permanently banned for removing mine?

Cheers
Joe

Yes, I have had a tilt or two with you on copyright, and have come away from those discussions thinking both sides had valid points. I also came away thinking the history of bootlegs and their coolness greatly overshadow any licensing aspect.

I have also taken time to read through all the threads on what's happened on RS. I believe this thread is a compelling read and hope RS members take time to read it as well.

I say its compelling because after reading your perspective and opinion, these photos clearly mean a great deal to you. Your thread is asking for an opinion and I really don't know I can offer one that would be helpful to your specific situation.

Despite this, I do hope a positive outcome will come of this for you, as the images clearly become more meaningful when they are connected to their curator and owner.

Joe

I'll give you credit for finally posting where I can respond....lol From my perspective and that of many, it seems that you took a bit of enjoyment throwing jabs at me during those threads on RS. I welcome debate and at times argument when it's needed, but w.o me having the ability to reply I think it annoyed more people than just me...lol Just as I can be abrasive and at times overly harsh, you can be snide and provoking (it's ok to admit it)

I am glad that via our arguments/discussions it gave you a better understanding of why vintage bootleg history is important, and obviously LFL agrees to an extent, or they would never have allowed bootleg panels to happen at it's events.
I'm also glad that you took the time to read the other side of the story as it is. To be honest it's the fact that I own the pics, and that a site that I'm not welcome on,shouldn't get to use them in any way, that has me dealing with it via proper legal channels more than anything.
But anyones pics regardless of subject matter, are theirs to do with as they want, unless they agree to give up their rights to them via RS's new TOS.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
tapuvae
New User
New User
tapuvae

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:53 pm

LFL allowing those panels, that's interesting. I thought C&Ds were written so freely because companies needed to show an active defense of a copyright or something along those lines. Sanctioning discussion of those products might undermine that right?
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:00 pm

@tapuvae wrote:
LFL allowing those panels, that's interesting. I thought C&Ds were written so freely because companies needed to show an active defense of a copyright or something along those lines. Sanctioning discussion of those products might undermine that right?

In the past they've been very specific in that we can ONLY discuss and show pictures of VINTAGE era items. I believe that they understand that the history of why some of these things existed is important. But to protect their current standards they don't want any modern items showcased, which could be undermining to their copyrights. Similar to the fact that modern prototypes are considered stolen merchandise to them, but they allow vintage prototypes to be discussed in panels also.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:03 pm

@Joseph_Y wrote:
@finestcomics wrote:
@Joseph_Y wrote:

Cheers
Joe

Joe

I'll give you credit for finally posting where I can respond....lol From my perspective and that of many, it seems that you took a bit of enjoyment throwing jabs at me during those threads on RS. I welcome debate and at times argument when it's needed, but w.o me having the ability to reply I think it annoyed more people than just me...lol Just as I can be abrasive and at times overly harsh, you can be snide and provoking (it's ok to admit it)

I am glad that via our arguments/discussions it gave you a better understanding of why vintage bootleg history is important, and obviously LFL agrees to an extent, or they would never have allowed bootleg panels to happen at it's events.
I'm also glad that you took the time to read the other side of the story as it is. To be honest it's the fact that I own the pics, and that a site that I'm not welcome on,shouldn't get to use them in any way, that has me dealing with it via proper legal channels more than anything.
But anyones pics regardless of subject matter, are theirs to do with as they want, unless they agree to give up their rights to them via RS's new TOS.

Cheers
Joe

The one thing that popped into my head was that you posted these on Flickr. Flickr is super-protective and makes it very difficult for sharing to occur without the owners consent. I know these large social sites sometimes have very little to offer in the way of human touch points, but have you tried lobbying your concerns to anyone on Flickr's staff regarding this matter?

My reason for suggesting this is that they may have encountered a similar situation with other community members and might be able to offer some helpful advise, not to mention the social sharing and human interest aspect of your case that they may decide to take to task in their own way. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Already talked to the folks at Flickr/Yahoo. They're sending out a letter to Mr.Wise also, in addition to the one from my lawyer. Theirs only covers the pics that are on my Flickr acct (ALL of the pics in the initial part of my limelight, and some MOC pics that were in my sales threads) SOME of the pics from the last update I did,the loose Polish figs and newer acquisitions, were posted direct to RS photopost. I'm on top of this, BUT, thank you for bringing that up in case I hadn't thought of it .

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Well I think its fucked myself. Why get that thread locked until we get a straight answer about the 30 day thing?
Glad it answered questions for a lot of you, but because of that you think it should be locked? Get real. No one else allowed to get the answerrs they wanted? Glad you sorted the picture thing out, I really am, but we are still no clearer on what the go is about taking what you want off there in the next 30 days before this TOS agreement SHOULD come into effect.

You don't like reading the thread? Don't fucking read it. No one is forcing anyone too. But there WERE people who wanted serious answers there. Not just wanting to engage in a cock measuring contest.

So good on yah folks. You gave Philip just the ammo and deflection he needed to avoid the most glaringly obvious question that should of been ASKED, and ANSWERED from the very beginning. :clap: And it's the one that concerns JOESEPH the most. If you remember what this shit fight was initially about. So how's that for being selfish?

This whole situation was a complete waste of time and energy now.

Evil or Very Mad

Good luck with your lawyers Joe. Would of been nice if you didn't have to waste your time and money on them. Now it's looks you do since no one else has the balls to hold Philip accountable to his own terms WRITTEN in the NEW TOS agreement.
Fooking joke.

That's the last bit of bandwidth I am wasting on this farce.

Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Josh, I don't think that anyone here,that's been on the side of getting answers, is being selfish. YES there are holes in his answers the size of the hole in the Titanic. It's just obvious that he's not willing to directly answer anything because he's hoping for misdirection rather than a unified community DEMANDING answers. IF it had been any other long time collector other than me that this happened to, I can see the community being more unified(and I'm NOT saying that I don't feel the support and unity that I have had from the majority of you, as I certainly have and it's genuinely appreciated more than I can thank anyone for enough). But the reality is that I'm not the easiest person to like, my brand of both serious comment AND humor tend to rub some the wrong way. People either generally are drawn to me or almost instantly hate me from day one, both in real life and online. I accept that's the kind of personality and persona that I give off. That's fine other than the fact that it gave him an out to fuck each and every poster on RS out of their photo rights and not answer up to it. Right now, people need to decide for themselves where they belong, where they feel actually appreciated as part of the community regardless of which forum it's on. I don't think it's a matter of selfishness, I think that this has just overwhelmed the hobby for the past few weeks, and folks just want to get back to the fun part of what this is supposed to be about, collecting and talking about toys, regardless of what forum they're on.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Wanting that thread locked before glaringly obvious questions that need an answer, have been answered, is being selfish.
I am so glad some people got the closure they wanted there. It's really great. The fact is the thread wasn't done though. And now you have just let Philip slither away like the snake he is. Instead of holding him to account.

* IF the mods were doing their job there, they would of removed all the OT shit from that thread so it could carry on in a civil manner. Just so happens, NO ONE thought that was a good idea. Rolling Eyes

ARGH. LAST FUCKING POST ON THIS SHIT I SWEAR. lol!

* Still love you all though. Wouldn't kick yah out of bed or anything lol!

Last edited by Josh on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:40 pm

I'm certainly NOT letting him slither away. I didn't get any answers at all in that thread. Those that wanted that thread closed inc PW himself already showed their selfishness. The other 2 threads concerning this are still open...for now......just sayin'
And I'm not disagreeing when it comes to those that wanted misdirection. I just think overall many in the hobby, just want to get back to the fun stuff.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:45 pm

I know. But the thread that was locked is the one about the TOS agreement, that was just drawn up. The other two aren't.
We both know what will happen if anyone posts anything to do with it, in either of those other threads Razz

Last edited by Josh on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:49 pm

I respect Bill a great deal. I really do. I just think it was uncalled for when there were still questions that needed to be answered.
You know and I know that Philip would have to do as I say in regards to a 30 day grace period. This is the whole reason he is avoiding answering the question.
I cannot believe more people didn't go...WTF??? Answer it already will yah!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 pm

I bumped that question up 3-4 times and it was ignored. Everybody over there that seen the question and PW non-response shouldve known he was playing for time on it. I seriously dont think he wouyldve came out and said "yhea theres a 30 day grace period before the new rules go into affect." If he did, then there wouldve been a shitload more deleted pix off there and he didnt want to have his admins take the time or waste the keystrokes on it to replace all the content. Plus if he said there was a grace period, he knew full well that Joes material had to be deleted then and he would have to eat some crow, thats something that he wasnt about to do after all his rants he went on.

As for the OT stuff, if everybody wouldve shut the hell up about it, it wouldve died down on its own like it always does. But you had 2-3 guys come in bitching about it. No offense to anyone with that, but those who did complain about it, helped keep it going. I think with what me and Finestcomics was on about was about done with my last post in it. But what kills me is some come in there saying that we need to quit complaining about shit. Well, thats fucked up coming from someone complaining about the complaining going on. :scratch: Like I told that one guy, if you dont like my posts, theres always the ignore option. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:50 am

It's pretty obvious by now that he just ignore any questions that he don't want to answer. And the silence is an answer.
If he did say that people can remove their pics and have been allowed to do so, which legally is the case here. Well then he would confirm that he is stealing Joseph's and everyone else's pics, fan stories, tutorials etc and that Joseph had the right to remove his pics in the first place.
In 28days now if you don't remove your stuff then he can do what he want with them.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:18 am

He changed the wording of the TOS agreement, specifically point #5 ...which was to do with the picture usage etc. Everyone who initially had a problem with it, seemed happy after that. Which was great IMO. That solved that issue completely by the looks of it.

I am talking about a totally unrelated part of the TOS agreement. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the pictures. I am talking about a grace period that SHOULD be given, considering it's written into the agreement, that any amendments to it whould incur such a grace period before coming into fruition. Given that this agreement supercedes all other agreements, as stated, then I can't see how it could possibly be legal if the content is already on the board. You don't have a choice to remove it, or not, like you SHOULD have. I don't even want to myself! Most people probably won't remove much at all, if any. Some might. But you would have to be an ass to not see that is the FAIR thing to do here...regardless what he has done to rule #5 to make everyone else happy in the meant.
Philip opened this "loophole", so to speak. He only has himself to blame if you ask me.

I apologise to Bill for calling him selfish. He isn't. He is the last person I have seen to be selfish. I can see what he is trying to do, I am fucking over it also. I just wish it could have had the proper closure it should of had. It would of all been above board then, that's all. Neutral

Anyway. I really wanna shut the fuck up about this, I swear. lol!

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:35 am

@Josh wrote:
He changed the wording of the TOS agreement, specifically point #5 ...which was to do with the picture usage etc. Everyone who initially had a problem with it, seemed happy after that. Which was great IMO. That solved that issue completely by the looks of it.

I am talking about a totally unrelated part of the TOS agreement. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the pictures. I am talking about a grace period that SHOULD be given, considering it's written into the agreement, that any amendments to it whould incur such a grace period before coming into fruition. Given that this agreement supercedes all other agreements, as stated, then I can't see how it could possibly be legal if the content is already on the board. You don't have a choice to remove it, or not, like you SHOULD have. I don't even want to myself! Most people probably won't remove much at all, if any. Some might. But you would have to be an ass to not see that is the FAIR thing to do here...regardless what he has done to rule #5 to make everyone else happy in the meant.
Philip opened this "loophole", so to speak. He only has himself to blame if you ask me.

I apologise to Bill for calling him selfish. He isn't. He is the last person I have seen to be selfish. I can see what he is trying to do, I am fucking over it also. I just wish it could have had the proper closure it should of had. It would of all been above board then, that's all. Neutral

Anyway. I really wanna shut the fuck up about this, I swear. lol!

Considering that it looks like the previous TOS, the one that have now been changed, was put into action without anyone knowing it also recently. It doesn't count. It's this new one that count and what I can see it takes 30 days before it goes into action. So you do have 30 days to remove your stuff. He just doesn't want to admit that what he did is wrong, and since he is probably soon in court by the looks of it and his own choice then he don't want to make the situation worse for himself. Which is already is though, he wont answer anything that could be used against him.
I think he does not see the situation in a mature way.
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 am

@Josh wrote:
I respect Bill a great deal. I really do. I just think it was uncalled for when there were still questions that needed to be answered.
You know and I know that Philip would have to do as I say in regards to a 30 day grace period. This is the whole reason he is avoiding answering the question.

I agree with you Josh. But you have to understand, I'm not a mod or an admin or anything or the sort. I just spoke
my mind like anyone else. The only difference in this case is that I've never stepped into a thread like that before,
and made any sort of demand/statement like that. (and I'll never do it again). I go to the forums to discuss Star Wars,
not this kind of bullshit. Here, RS, or even privately ... I'm getting close to being *way* over capacity. This is supposed
to be a fun part of the hobby, how is perpetuating this issue "fun" ? That entire thread is an embarrassment to the entire
vintage community
We all have(had) questions, and I certainly wanted, expected a certain amount of objectivity to remain in the discussion,
but you see what happened. Realistically, just from the lack of actual moderation going on, I think it was intentional, and
there was no intent on any sort of end discussion to be had. I simply spoke my mind, ultimately Phillip chose how to deal
with it. He could have easily removed all the OTs, issued a blanket warning, and kept the thread open if he really wanted
to.

I've been giving it some thought, and I really don't know what is going on. I think it's just something that has been building
over time, and issues have been compounding, and like the infamous powder keg analogy; the Joe/T's double-ban was
was the spark on a long fuse that blew things up. There are so many issues going on, that it would be hard to write them
all down really. I don't think many people would actually want to see that.
Ultimately, the truly sad and ironic thing about all this is that the "fix" for all this (RS) is probably the easiest and most obvious
thing you could think of.
Instead of a sense of community, the lawyers get involved, and now everyone gets the revised TOS to go over. It's just sad
that it has come to this, instead of a simple apology or a private discussion. It's also hard not to put yourself in Joe's position,
for a moment, and how that would feel. Having your collecting life's work plagiarized ?

Bill

Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 am

No doubt this situation has put the fire to Philip and the mods feet. After reading the 2nd or 3rd days worth of posts, the whole discussion just reminded me of that classic scene where Gene Wilder plays Willy Wonka, and his by-the-book demands. After I posted that link, I got a PM from Philip warning me I viiolated the TOS by including a link to my site. I had honestly completely forgot I even had the link there and it took me nearly 10 minutes to figure out how to delete it. I had no problem complying, but after having it there for over 2 years, it just kind of felt like receiving stifling orders under new management. geek
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:33 am

@sithtoys wrote:
@Josh wrote:

I agree with you Josh. But you have to understand, I'm not a mod or an admin or anything or the sort. I just spoke
my mind like anyone else. The only difference in this case is that I've never stepped into a thread like that before,
and made any sort of demand/statement like that. (and I'll never do it again). I go to the forums to discuss Star Wars,
not this kind of bullshit. Here, RS, or even privately ... I'm getting close to being *way* over capacity. This is supposed
to be a fun part of the hobby, how is perpetuating this issue "fun" ? That entire thread is an embarrassment to the entire
vintage community
We all have(had) questions, and I certainly wanted, expected a certain amount of objectivity to remain in the discussion,
but you see what happened. Realistically, just from the lack of actual moderation going on, I think it was intentional, and
there was no intent on any sort of end discussion to be had. I simply spoke my mind, ultimately Phillip chose how to deal
with it. He could have easily removed all the OTs, issued a blanket warning, and kept the thread open if he really wanted
to.

I've been giving it some thought, and I really don't know what is going on. I think it's just something that has been building
over time, and issues have been compounding, and like the infamous powder keg analogy; the Joe/T's double-ban was
was the spark on a long fuse that blew things up. There are so many issues going on, that it would be hard to write them
all down really. I don't think many people would actually want to see that.
Ultimately, the truly sad and ironic thing about all this is that the "fix" for all this (RS) is probably the easiest and most obvious
thing you could think of.
Instead of a sense of community, the lawyers get involved, and now everyone gets the revised TOS to go over. It's just sad
that it has come to this, instead of a simple apology or a private discussion. It's also hard not to put yourself in Joe's position,
for a moment, and how that would feel. Having your collecting life's work plagiarized ?

Bill

i just want to say...it's great guys like you who have a lot to contribute to the hobby stick around the place. You should know by now many people do appreciate your participation along with a great many other knowledgeable collectors who do actively contribute in discussion on the boards. I just find it sad the actions of a few (maybe myself included for some) would drive people away when there are so many who do value yours and others input. It's just some of us do not have a lot to bring. I myself do not want to be another person just going "Nice collection mate". If I have something to say I say it. Or if I can express it with a picture I will do it that way. I just have not invested the same sort of energy into the hobby as you guy's I guess. I love it, I love learning about it, but I do not go all hardcore like some of you do. And I am not saying there is anything wrong with it at all. IMO you lot are what make this place interesting as far as the toys go. But that is not to say I do not appreciate everyone of the guys who just bring me a smile when I visit whatever board it maybe.
We can all contribute differently. Our opinion may never be the same all the time, which I think is great! Usually that brings about the best discussion.

Last edited by Josh on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:42 am

@finestcomics wrote:
I got a PM from Philip warning me I viiolated the TOS by including a link to my site. I had honestly completely forgot I even had the link there and it took me nearly 10 minutes to figure out how to delete it. I had no problem complying, but after having it there for over 2 years, it just kind of felt like receiving stifling orders under new management. geek

Im waiting for that one myself. I sent him a pm about if it was ok and never heard back from him. This was before all of this started up. And now that Ive been calling him out on shit he was saying, Ive been expecting that same pm to arrive. Guess Im not worth the keystrokes either. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:48 am

Funny the link thing. If it's okay to have third party links, and he has covered himself from any damages that may arise from us clicking them. Why cant people have links in their sigs? It all generates traffic in the end doesn't it?

* Is it an advertising thing? Because people do pay to advertise on there, he has agreed that there will be no unauthorised links etc directing to other sites?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-