The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: THE POCH/PBP DISCUSSION THREAD   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:57 am

Hi all,

Picked this luke bespin up the other day, I thought it was a PBP figure....he has COO #4, dark brown boots and pale hands but has the same kind of hair colour as the common palitoy no coo luke #6.

The only other similar pix I find are blond haired. Even on General Kahns AWESOME 25 luke bespin combination chart it doesn't have the same hair??

Any ideas? It's the fig on the left in first pic, fig on the right is common palitoy no coo.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Last edited by Serket on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:13 am

@javitc wrote:
This is my first post, so first of all hello to everyone.
I´m from Spain. Though I'm not focused on collecting figures variations I have a nice POCH/PBP figures collection.
Here you have a photo of two of them. Luke Skywalker and Leia. The Luke figure is one of my favourites.
Hope you enjoy.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Img5138u

Wellcome to TIG Javi !!!Hope you enjoy!!
Btw, very nice poch figures you have there!!
Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 am

welcome to TIG, Javi!!

Great that you decided to chime in. Very Happy

And some great POCH figures you have there! Hope to see more of your collection in the future.

And I am also looking forward to your contributions in this thread. We need more Spanish guys here! Very Happy

Cheers

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
javitc
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
javitc

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 am

Thank you !!! Smile
I´m happy you enjoy with the photo. When I have a little time, I will post another photos of my collection. I´ll try to contribuite in this Thread.

It's a bit sad that there are so few people interested in these POCH figures here, in Spain, with some exceptions (javiswspain).

Hi, Javi, nice to talk with you again ¿Como te va?.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Can this be a good spot to ask about this luke figure i found recently?

I put it up in another thread but Dr Dengar thought i should post it here too.

If i remember correct i achive it in a lot at swedish "ebay" tradera

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Luketri

No meltmarks but the coo and the colours of the hands are the same that poch lukes seems to have Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:07 pm

the hands are yellowish and therfore faded...all other Poch features are also not given! 100% no Poch...sorry mate!
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Ok
Thanks for a fast answer wolf
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 am

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 DSCF0028

same head as this?
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 IMG_5390
Ledy mutant?

Where did it come from?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 am

@wbobafett wrote:
the hands are yellowish and therfore faded...all other Poch features are also not given! 100% no Poch...sorry mate!

Thanks for chiming in Wolff and helping Yeah-sus! Cool

Javi had the same opinion (via PM): no POCH unfortunately.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 am

The mutant figure came from Mexico in a lot with more custom Ledy figures?

Weird Looking Ledy Figures

Why?

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:34 am

I know where Luke 'Jedi' came from Razz

Serket's Luke Bespin is unusual.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 am

lol! I had missed Serket's post!!

Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Umm whats with the POCH Bossk on eBay that isnt a POCH?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:30 am

@olisuds wrote:
Umm whats with the POCH Bossk on eBay that isnt a POCH?

The figure on ebay is different compared to the POCH "Toxic Green Limbs" Bossk described by Wolff. The Bossk on ebay has COO#1 instead of COO#3, and his limbs are greenish but not that toxic green.

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/poch-variants/bossk/

Bossk on ebay.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Dia2

To me the Bossk on ebay looks like the same figure currently under investigation in this thread (see pics below). I am not sure what to think about it yet. We need further proof.

Three Bossks bought from Spain (taken from this thread).
In comparison shots the Bossk on the right is from Spain (COO#1), the figure on the left is a Kenner Bossk having a different COO (COO#2).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 IMG_6869
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Th_IMG_6871THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Th_IMG_6870THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Th_Dia1THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Th_BosskStarWizzTHE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Th_BosskStarWizz2THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Th_BosskStarWizz3

FACTS for this figure:

• COO#1
  • Greenish limbs. I am 99% sure this green colour is due to discolouration, as Bossk's jumpsuit also changed to a very pale yellow when comparing the limbs to the body. Maybe the plastic of the limbs increased the degradation of pigments in the paint? :scratch:
  • Small chest cross
  • Typical PBP smell
  • Figure pops up in Spanish childhood collections and therefore it seems very likely that it was available in Spain during the 80s (I know of the Spanish origin of the three figures in this thread, and another one, and now this figure on ebay from a Spanish seller)

REMARKS:
  • The fact that the figure was available in Spain doesn't automatically mean it is a PBP figure. For instance, you can also find Taiwan Madines, Bikerscouts and ERGs in Spanish childhood collections which were imported by PBP and put on their cards.
  • My figure doesn't have any POCH traits (meltmarks, bad welding, plastic extrusions). So I doubt whether it is an early POCH figure. Maybe a transition figure, marking the stage from early POCH (toxic limbs) to late PBP (fat lips)? Just brainstorming here. Very Happy

I bought John's Kenner Bossk having COO #1 yesterday. Once the figure arrives I will make comparison shots with his COO brother from Spain.
In case they are the same, the Bossk from Spain is propably just an imported figure.
When they are different things are getting interesting....

Hope this helps.

To be continued. Very Happy

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:03 am

3-line COO. Going from left to right: 1: Kenner, 2-4: Figures bought from Spain.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 IMG_6929

3-line COO. Going from left to right: 1: Kenner, 2-4: Figures bought from Spain.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 IMG_6931

The figures from Spain have:
- a 'warmer', more reddish gold paint (or maybe the used varnish yellowed more) : 2,3 and 4.
- small bubbles on the head: 2,3, and 4.
- weldng cracks: figure 2,3

Figure 2 is the same as on page 8 of this thread.

Still wondering what we are looking at here...
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:19 pm

here is a picture of my boosks the right one is coo#1

i add a picture of my 32-back moc too

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 Booskcompilationshoot
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Umm... A $911 POCH Fett on Ebay now... What is this world coming too doh unsure popcorn rofl
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

@The_Dark_Artist wrote:
Umm... A $911 POCH Fett on Ebay now... What is this world coming too doh unsure popcorn rofl

Like!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm

@The_Dark_Artist wrote:

$911 for a POCH Fett, that's nothing!!

I paid four times more for my uber rare POCH green limbs Bossk fish head variant.

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 pm

That's a beauty Marco : )
Seriously, I have a ton of respect for the variant hunters. I consider myself a novice in training. I also understand how rare some of these figures are. But some of the prices I have seen on some of the POCH/PBP figures lately have been EXTREMELY high. On the other hand I have seen sellers with very modest/respectable prices also (via Lee and Kenneth)... So what gives? BUT when I see a "POCH Fett" for $911, I have to ask if it is a prototype at that price? It's like the Spanish Circus has come to town... There is a lot of clowns running around! They are all sitting in the front row and laughing their asses off at us...
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:19 am

@The_Dark_Artist wrote:
That's a beauty Marco : )
)... So what gives? BUT when I see a "POCH Fett" for $911, I have to ask if it is a prototype at that price? ..

...or an Uzay R2, or Headman without accessories, TT Yoda on card, LL burgundy cape together with LL Jawa, Toltoys Jawa AFA graded, ....etc

(on the other hand only three HK Snaggletooth AFA U90 Wink.....the world has become crazy...)

Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 am

That POCH Fett on Ebay is Large Hong Kong version. Whereas I knew a guy who have a POCH Fett too but his is Small Hong Kong version.

So is there 2 version for POCH Fett out there :scratch:
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 am

The question that should be asked is WTF is a POCH Fett???

Some Hong Kong figure that some Spanish kid played with & left in the sun on a hot surface left some imprints on the back & by magic here you go I have a $1000 figure.

Seriously this is getting beyond a joke. Is there any information online in regards to this figure ? People can spend there money on whatever you want but .............. :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:45 am

The sooner we have a complete POCH/PBP guide (i realise there is alot of work to do) the sooner we can help stop these eBay bandits.

I must admit i'd love to add a few POCH figures to my collection, but without having enough knowledge on these variants i'm scared to part with my cash!

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 am

@crealkilla wrote:

So is there 2 version for POCH Fett out there :scratch:

I simply don't know, I wish I did.

The reason to set up this thread was to get a better understanding of POCH/PBP figures with the help of community input. Right now we are still lacking behind. Don't worry we will catch up. Very Happy

I posted pics of a Fett with a small (c) HK COO two weeks ago. I thought he might be POCH, cause of the colour differences, some marks, and small bubbles. From the posted pics of other "Bubble Fetts" we learned that at least these bubbles are not POCH characteristics. But maybe the other characteristics (colour scheme, melt marks) still are. We make small baby steps here, but that's OK, nobody is in a hurry.

I expect to receive a similar “Bubble Fet” from Spain in my mail box within the next few days. He has clear melt marks on the back, bubbles and a very sloppy paint job. I will compare him to my other, maybe we can draw some conclusions from it and make one more little step.

I also saw the POCH Fett on ebay. I hadn’t noticed it had the big (c) HK COO, till you mentioned so. So who knows maybe there are indeed two Fett POCHs are around? The differences to a Kenner Fett seem to be very subtle here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-