The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:32 am

hello, got new poch arriving soon, will share pictures with you off course. but I want to share this discover I made this morning (thanks to kenneth and wolff who brought my attention on this fig). I got this luke since one or two years now, bought it in france, it is dark haired, and I was glad to have it, but not really my favorite too. and I looked it again this morning with new eyes Smile pale hand and neck? brown spot on legs? darker pants?...melt mark in the back!!!!  :I am stupid:  cheers  cheers  cheers 
how come I never saw what I had just under the eyes? just because I bought it in france. but many people goes to spain on hollidays, I already bought pbp cardback from chilhood in france, so...anyway, here are the pictures Smile

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_7010

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_7014

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_7012

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_7013

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_7015

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_7016

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_7018
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 6:33 am

Hi Nicolas,

You all ready got my opinion by e-mail. Smile 
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 2:02 pm

I have found , in childhoods collections, 3 loose "Poch Brown Hair" Luke FB and i have seen one MOC POCH Luke FB and other 3 loose figures in friend´s collections(included one with mixed legs).

So far none of the Poch FB i was able to check and found here in Spain(100% sure) have a 3 Line COO, all of them Have 2 Line COO with large HK stamp.

Talking about the figure itself and speaking only by those picts and without having the figure in my hands:

-The Plastic on the torso and arms looks different comparing with the Poch figures i have seen.
-The hands looks darker than in the examples i saw.
-The paint on the panths looks more yellow ocre than Green.
-None of the Poch FB have the melt mark on back(with does means nothing to me)

So, if your figure is a Poch figure found by accident in France, congrats , you have an unknown and unique variant.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Why ending your otherwise informative reply to Nicolas with this sarcastic last lines? Nicolas just believes, that he by accident has found an elusive Poch Luke Tatooine with brown hair. He hasn't exactly insulted anyone by believing so. And of course Poch figures can be located in French collections on rare occasions - just as they can be located in Germany, GB etc in childhood collections. It's rarely seen, but it occurs. Even a PBP 4-Lom was found here in Denmark in a Danish childhood collection last year.

Otherwise I'll not go into further discussion about this variant, since I have never owned a sample. But Nicolas' sample does show some traits, which at least Poch Luke Tatooine figures with yellow hair can be found with....
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks my friends for those informations, you both know much more than me about poch figs, and i Am glad we share and débates about It. So i guess It is a strange figure until we CAN défine it's origine. Thanks javi for défending poch label Wink
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Thanks for the reply Kenneth but,i think you misunderstood my post. I think i haven't insult Nicolas or anybody with my post, or did I ???also i didn't felt insulted for his post BTW.

I have never  gives my opinion on the figure, you can read my post again , i never say is not Poch, i just  have put facts on the table.If you can put facts which lead me to believe this is Poch , then i will eat my words, i have no problem with that.

Of course "Poch" figures can be found around the world, the one you said and some others like ,i.e Black neck lando in France, DSC in Germany, Ig 88 in UK,PBP CCP , bossk and TFP in France, and so on...

This is not about the country in which the figure was found by accident , it is about the supposed Poch traits of the figure.
As i said before the figure have slightly(and no so slightly i.e. the COO/stamp) differences compared with examples i managged to check  in Spain,i have seen and checked a few until now,i think i can give my opinion respetfullly , or i can't??

I can of course be wrong here, i don't know the existence of all the Poch variants  , maybe the picts plays tricks on my eyes ,and if its so , i have no problem with that and , i will recognize my fault and i will apologice.

Off topic:With all of those sellers clamming theirs figures are PBP/Poch/Lili Ledy/Palitoy/Glasslite , mixing figures , buying kenner figures and flipping as a Poch ones , at least please let me  keep esceptic with the figures i see or bought. Not everything which comes from Spain lately , are Pbp/POch figures , i guess you already realized .  

Maybe you have seen the supposted  "Poch Luke FB" which the wattoshop listed on ebay lately ?? the figure had melt mark as well but the overall look was totally wrong and the felt to me was NOT Poch(hands , hair plastic etc)

Just to be cristal clear here,there is no double sense in my last post or in any of my preceding phrases or in the following ones, this is not a warning or anything similar i just would love you for reading my words literally,i have nothing against you or Nicolas.

Here you are a Pict of Poch luke blond haired along with the dark brown .Please note that both have similar paint scheme and plastics
I hope this helps

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_1810

Peace smoke
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:30 pm

don't know if that helps to identify the figure, but the colours might have been slightly altered since I tryed to "cleaned" it with oxyned water when I received it two years ago because it had some brown spot. here are the pictures about how it looked exactly at that time. thanks anyway for your opinion javi and sharing your experiences and picture, and to kenneth for your support.
then I have 2 questions: how many of you has a similar brown luke farmboy 3 lines? If it is not poch, what can it be? thanks

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_3910

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_3911

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Image_10

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Img_3912
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:49 pm

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: 
So, what you have there, was a original but discolored figure which was later "Cleaned/bleached" with peroxide which now looks like Poch??  :scratch:  :scratch: 
Come on Nicolas !!you had to say that before you post the first picts!!I guess you didn't know two years ago that the peroxide may alter the original paint colors  and not just the plastics.
Seriously , no words(no double sense here either)

Last edited by javiswspain on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Javi,

Seems like I was wrong here regarding the last part of your reply to Nicolas, since Nicolas didn't pay attention to that either. An apology to you is hereby given! Smile 
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:57 pm

No problem Kenneth, thanks
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:57 pm

@javiswspain wrote:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: 
So, what you have there, was a original discolored figure which was then "Cleaned/whited" with peroxide which now looks like Poch??  :scratch:  :scratch: 
Come on Nicolas !!you had to say that before you post the first picts!!I guess you didn't know two years ago that the peroxide may alter the original paint colors  and not just the plastics.
Seriously , no words(no double sense here either)

100 % agreed here! It would have been a very useful piece of information from the beginning...
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 6:03 pm

lol! lol! lol! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 6:10 pm

cheers U got mail...
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 6:14 pm

How do you know It was discolored before Washing? To me there is no différence in the Colors except the pant witch is a Little less Green. No change about hands and neck
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 5:48 am

....Nicolas...I hope you mention peroxide treating when you sell figures?? This is really important to a lot of people.....I i.e. would never buy one figure treated like that ever....

So Javi and Kenneth have already settled this.....GREAT

I want to say sth too here. No matter if it can be called a "real" Poch variant or not...or if its bleached in some way.....the following is a fact:

1. The head is darkbrown. The mold of the head belongs to the large HK family

2. The legs are three line family....obviously...  Razz 

3. I havent checked for torso or arms.

So conclusion is:

a) Someone has swapped limbs/head etc on this

or b) It comes from a factory that was able to mix up two totally different mold-families. And this was only possible in Spain and maye in Uk were the last parts in the late days were collected, assembled and wildly mixed up....

BUT: I have never seen that combination so I am pretty damn sure this comes originally from Spain. Another Frankenstein....

I can see Javi's concerns if we are saying: This is a Poch variant....we have no MOC, it is mixed up...it was found in France....etc

I personally do believe it came from Spain but I am not sure what to call it. LOL...an interesting piece...maybe we all can agree on this??

Peace

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:41 am

To add: I think even the head of the brown Luke might be directly imported from an Asian factory.
Making this a hybrid figure (Class II) anyway. Or Frankenstein figure as Wolff like to coin them, a term which I quite like BTW.

Something written about a year ago, which still makes sense IMO:

https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427p465-the-poch-pbp-guide-discussion-thread#95812

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Below you see an interesting Luke Farmboy line-up.

From left to right:
1) Kenner, COO #1 (2 line HK), brown hair
2) Figure from Spain, COO #1 (2 line HK), brown hair
3) Confirmed POCH, COO #6 (3 line HK), blond hair

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 IMG_7255_zps400109e9

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 IMG_7258_zps31dab69a

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 IMG_7256_zps4a666f0e

The figure in the middle is interesting and has a lot of POCH characteristics in common with the confirmed POCH Luke on the right:
- Pale hands
- Pale neck
- Greenish brown boots.

BTW: The same greenish brown boots can also be seen on the two Spanish Leia Hoth figures (one confirmed and one assumed POCH).

From left to right: 1. Leia (Kenner). 2. Leia (from Spain). 3. POCH Leia. 4. POCH Luke (not a DT saber BTW, just a broken tip Very Happy).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 IMG_7146_zps60af2226

But there are also some clear differences between the middle figure and the POCH Luke on the right.....

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 IMG_7255_zps400109e9

First the different COO. (2 line HK vs 3 line HK). How to explain that?  unsure

Actually it makes sense assuming PBP imported unpainted overstock from Asia from different factories. Each factory used their own pair of molds marked with their own COOs. Eventually plastic parts originating from different Asian factories got mixed up in the PBP factory and after painting these were welded into complete figures.
This would explain why some POCH figures can appear with two different HK COOs on different figures (sometimes even on the same figure). Luke Farmboy would not be the only example. Think Leia Hoth, and Jawa which were discussed before.

The second and most obvious difference is off course the head, which looks totally different (brown vs blond hair and different facial details, plastic).
Is this a POCH head, like the blond head?

Probably not! Take a look at the head of the Kenner figure on the left. Dark hair colour, facial details, even the mark on the left of the head (probably a mold defect), it all matches!
Probably this head was already painted in Asia before being exported as overstock to PBP. That’s why it has Kenner characteristics and not POCH characteristics. During the welding process this head was assembled with parts that (assumption!) were painted in house (arms, torso, legs, all with POCH traits) to end up in this Class II PBP figure (‘hybrid POCH’).

Kenner (left), Spanish (right).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Th_IMG_7259_zpsa6dbc887

OK, time for a wrap up:  Very Happy
To me it seems that the brown hair Spanish Luke is a Class II PBP figure, having features of Kenner (head) and POCH (the rest).

What's more::
1) Assuming that the 2 line HK COO parts were present and painted in the PBP factory, I can imagine that there also exists a blond POCH Luke with this COO. Time will tell.  Very Happy
2) This is not a one of a kind figure. A very similar figure was offered for sale on a Spanish website about a year ago. It was offered at that time with the original cardback, a 41A back.
3) It appears that the 41A backs were not only used for the Class I (pure POCH) figures. At least in case of this brown hair Luke, it seems that Class II figures (hybrid POCH) could also be packed on these early cards (and not first on 41B/C cards).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Caminacielos_zpsa0dd91dc
Source: starwarsspanishstuff.info

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 am

I wouldn't be surprised when the POCH brown Luke FB can also occur with the 3-line COO, assuming POCH imported parts from different factories, which got mixed up.

@ackbar100 wrote:
Apologize if I break this interesting and smooth conversation about the rebel soldier.

I have been requested to post those pictures here about my luke brown hair. In my opinion this figue has a lot of interesting features.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios178
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios181
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios191
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios193
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios194
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios199
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios200
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios182

see you soon  Very Happy

@Dr Dengar wrote:

Hi Ackbar,

Thank you so much for posting pics of your Spanish brown hair Luke Farmboy.  Very Happy

The figure looks the same as the one in my collection. Brown hair head, pale hands, pale neck, greenish boots. CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!  cheers

The COO is dfferent (3-line instead of 2-line). Not a big surprise, assuming POCH imported unpainted parts from different Asian factories, corresponding to different steel moulds (and thus COOs). BTW: My POCH blond Luke has the 3-line COO.

The brown hair head does not look very POCH to me, the paint mask is clearly different from the POCH blond Luke. Instead the head looks like some dark brown hair Kenner figures, including the mould deformation on the right side of the head.

Does your figure also has this mould deformation on the right side?

@ackbar100 wrote:

here you are. It could be that, in the same way than the leg, the head might be a kenner one.....

I hope this helps to clarify. Figure was bought in a street market here in Spain.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios144
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios145
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios150
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios146k
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios147
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios148

cheers

Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:26 am

@wbobafett wrote:
....Nicolas...I hope you mention peroxide treating when you sell figures?? This is really important to a lot of people.....I i.e. would never buy one figure treated like that ever....

So Javi and Kenneth have already settled this.....GREAT

I want to say sth too here. No matter if it can be called a "real" Poch variant or not...or if its bleached in some way.....the following is a fact:

1. The head is darkbrown. The mold of the head belongs to the large HK family

2. The legs are three line family....obviously...  Razz 

3. I havent checked for torso or arms.

So conclusion is:

a) Someone has swapped limbs/head etc on this

or b) It comes from a factory that was able to mix up two totally different  mold-families. And this was only possible in Spain and maye in Uk were the last parts in the late days were collected, assembled and wildly mixed up....

BUT: I have never seen that combination so I am pretty damn sure this comes originally from Spain. Another Frankenstein....

I can see Javi's concerns if we are saying: This is a Poch variant....we have no MOC, it is mixed up...it was found in France....etc

I personally do believe it came from Spain but I am not sure what to call it. LOL...an interesting piece...maybe we all can agree on this??

Peace

Wolff

Good point Wolff, but i am still talking about paint scheme and apliccation differences in order to tell a Kenner figure from a Poch one.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Captur28
Leaving apart the fact of bleaching of the figure, i can see pretty good paint apliccation  on the belt of Nicolas figure, while in the figures i have found here, looks more according with the overall low quality of common Poch figures
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:44 am

Ricardo was kind enough of sending his brown haired luke to my home for a proper checking, thanks for that my friend Wink
In my opinion the figure have mixed parts as it was said before.THe plastic of the face still lighter than in Nicolas example and more according with others FB found in Spain, while the one from Nicolas is more close to the Kenner example.Maybe Poch imported two different batch of Brown haired head? i don't know ,but the lighter one seems to be the most common on the spanish market.
And again please take in account the thickness of the belt , which in the spanish FB figures is slim and bad painted.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 Varios10
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:38 pm

Well....I still do believe that also "painted (Asian) overstock" was used in the progress...for a limited timeframe at least.

This would explain the painted belt.

I also have to add: I have about 10 darkbrown Lukes at the moment here (kenner of course)....most of those are very poorly painted comparing to standard yellow ones...

Anyway....I totally agree with you that it is probably mixed up also with "foreign" parts.

I need to picture mine soon.....another crazy Frankenstein..... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:59 pm

@javiswspain wrote:

Maybe you have seen the supposted  "Poch Luke FB" which the wattoshop listed on ebay lately ?? the figure had melt mark as well but the overall look was totally wrong and the felt to me was NOT Poch(hands , hair plastic etc)

Hi Javi, I also noticed this figure and was not sure either. I decided to buy him off ebay (nobody had placed a bid anyway) for the purpose of comparing with two confirmed POCH Luke Farmboy figures.

See the pics below. From left to right:
1. Blond Luke FB. 3-line COO. Bought from a Spanish ebay source
2. Confirmed POCH Luke FB. 3-line COO.
3. Confirmed POCH Luke FB. 3-line COO.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 IMG_0835_zps0e20d1c5

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 IMG_0836_zpsf3010763

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 IMG_0837_zpse6aadd87

OBSERVATIONS:

Similarities between the left Luke and the POCH figures:

• Pale hands,
  • Pale neck
  • Greenish Trousers
  • Yellow hair paint

Differences

• The head is cast in a more pinkish plastic compared to the POCH figures which are cast in a paler plastic
  • EDIT: The eyes and eyebrows are black instead of brown

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 IMG_0838_zps3e8dd42c

Note: Judgded from the shapes of the eyes and the eye brows, it seems to me that the same spray mask was used for all three figures.
Need some input here though, not sure about it.

Cheers

BTW: Happy to have some discussion in this thread again.  Very Happy

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 1:36 pm

I was asked by a buddy regarding this Luke Farmboy. The missing "raised eyebrow" made me wonder too!

"Do not buy" was my suggestion!

I guess head is mixed up on that one! Kenner can also have the raised eyebrow...but on a "true" Poch it is a must IMO....am I wrong??
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Hey Wolff, I know about the raised left eye brow feature as it is mentioned on your site.

But can you pls visualize what you exactly mean with that, still it is not too clear to me.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:25 am

Javi and I discussed the blonde Luke at the left via Skype last weekend.

Apart from the pinkish vs pale head also the paint of the eyes and eye browns is different: black vs brown. You can see that very clearly on the pics.
Verdict: the head looks Kenner painted not POCH painted.  

So, like Wolff suggested, maybe best to classify this figure as a POCH Hybrid figure.  
Not a disappointment at all honestly, as this figure looks pretty cool next to his POCH dark brown hybrid brother and 'pure' POCH brothers. Very Happy

Probably many different Kenner painted parts were laying around in the PBP factory: blond heads, brown heads..
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 11:12 am

Simple question, is it due to POCHs low quality standards or were Spanish kids rough with there toys? The reason I ask is I rarely see what I would consider mint POCH figures, do they exist?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 37 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-