THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 2:59 am

@javiswspain wrote:
Ricardo was kind enough of sending his brown haired luke to my home for a proper checking, thanks for that my friend Wink

It was my pleasure, my friend  cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasycollectables.es
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:21 am

Ok now I have a silly question to our active Spanish members  :bump: : no one has ever had or has contacts with former Poch/PbP employees? I am sure that most are still alive and they could be an excellent source of information (just like in the US the former Kenner employees).

I recently met the son of an ex-toy importer in Belgium (the father had early contacts with Palitoy company in the action man period but I wil check if he remembers anything from the star wars period)....

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:59 am

Good suggestion, Alexander.   

I hope it will be picked up by our Spanish members, or maybe some of them are already doing so.....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 12:35 pm

Below you see three POCH Landos with their signature black neck. In this post we just focus on the Lando figures with a smile.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 IMG_0842_zpsedf41205

If you look closely at the shape of the belt buckle, you can see that the torsos of the left and middle figure belong to different COO families. The left figure has a trapezium shaped belt buckle with a wider base compared to the figure in the middle. The Mould Family Guide tells us therefore that the torsos belong to Family I (left figure) and Family III (middle figure). Please object/confirm as this is pretty essential for the remainder of this post.
BTW: Both the left and middle figure have a COO belonging to Family I, meaning that at least the middle figure is made up of parts from different families, but that is not important here.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Final_25
Source: General Kahn. https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6958-the-mould-family-guide-discussion-thread#esb_lando_calrissian

It is not a secret, I am a supporter of a  theory stating that PBP did not produce their own figures during the POCH era. Here is why.
But let’s forget that theory and assume for a moment that PBP produced Lando figures by plastic injection using their own steel moulds. It still seems a far stretch then assuming that the factory inventory contained steel moulds for both COO family I and III. Instead it would make sense assuming that PBP injection moulded one type of torso and imported the other type from Asia. Or following my beloved theory, it would even make more sense that PBP had to import both types of torsos from Asia.

I hear you saying, that is nothing new. It is known that PBP imported painted overstock parts from Asia at some (later) stage during the POCH era. This resulted in mixed up figures having parts with POCH and Kenner paint schemes.

The point here is however that both the torsos of the left figure (Family I) and the middle figure (Family III) have the signature black necks not found on Kenner figures. It seems unlikley that the black paint was applied on top of a brown layer of Kenner paint. In that case you would expect to see a brown instead of a blue unpainted border line at the top of the black collars.
That is a really strong indication that at least one of these torsos (and probably both!) were imported in unpainted form.

TAKE HOME MESSAGE: To me this Lando case further supports the theory that PBP really did import unpainted figure parts from Asian factories.
No plastic injection was involved yet. This first happened later during the PBP era.

See also the Introduction on page 1 of this thread:

Quote :

PBP CLASS I ("Pure POCH")

• Class I figures were composed of unpainted overstock parts which were imported from Asian (Hong Kong) factories. The parts were painted by PBP and subsequently welded. PBP did not produce Class I figures themselves by plastic injection molding.
  • Class I figures are recognized by their unique paint apps compared to Kenner figures. Because the Quality Control of the paint process by PBP was poor, this sometimes resulted in sloppy paint jobs.
  • The Quality Control on the PBP welding process was also poor, sometimes resulting in all kinds of factory imperfections: meltmarks, cracks, plastic extrusions.

Ok I hope this all makes sense to you. Let me know what you think pls.

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 9:19 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:

...It is known that PBP imported painted overstock parts from Asia at some (later) stage during the POCH era. This resulted in mixed up figures having parts with POCH and Kenner paint schemes.

Hi guys,

I use to read this post for time to time, but i have to admit that i am totally lost in the families and other sub-categories used to determine origin of a figure....

One thing really bugs me; i am currious to know if your afirmation "...It is known..." is based on a reliable source(i.e. salesman or whatever) or just based on your own conclusions????

From what i have been told, Far-East factories never sent "parts" or "un-finished" productions. In the Far-East, production was supervised by one and only one company; Palitoy Far-East.  Also, PBP had an half-dozen of local subcontracted companies for plastic injection...

Really confused  unsure  

JC bow
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:28 am

Hey JC,

Thanks for chiming in! You keep us sharp.

And I will admit you are completey right. I should rephrase that part to make it clear.

After reading JC's comment, Dr Dengar wrote:

...It is known assumed that PBP imported painted overstock parts from Asia at some (later) stage during the POCH era. This resulted in mixed up figures having parts with POCH and Kenner paint schemes.

There is no proof that PBP imported Asian painted parts. It is just assumed based upon the fact that many hybrid figures can be found in Spain, i.e. figures having parts with Kenner and POCH paint schemes. Ans following the theory that the 'early POCH' figures were assembled in Spain.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
rebel40
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi,

I have a question on the Palitoy Cardbacks with Clipper Sticker and PBP "Una figura gratis" Sticker on top of the Clipper sticker: Which figures are confirmed with this sticker combination? I have never seen any others than:

- Ree Yees
- Lando Skiff
- Chief Chirpa

I would especially like to know whether there is a Klaatu / Klaatu Skiff version of this sticker combination?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:46 pm

@rebel40 wrote:
Hi,

I have a question on the Palitoy Cardbacks with Clipper Sticker and PBP "Una figura gratis" Sticker on top of the Clipper sticker: Which figures are confirmed with this sticker combination? I have never seen any others than:

- Ree Yees
- Lando Skiff
- Chief Chirpa

I would especially like to know whether there is a Klaatu / Klaatu Skiff version of this sticker combination?

Thanks!

Hi rebel40,

There are also;

- a Palitoy JEDI 65back Darth Vader
- a Palitoy ESB 45 back "A" TIE Fighter Pilot

Both with Clipper and PBP stickers...

JC Smile
Back to top Go down
rebel40
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:37 pm

@Panastur wrote:
@rebel40 wrote:
Hi,

- Ree Yees
- Lando Skiff
- Chief Chirpa

Thanks!

Hi rebel40,

There are also;

- a Palitoy JEDI 65back Darth Vader
- a Palitoy ESB 45 back "A" TIE Fighter Pilot

Both with Clipper and PBP stickers...

JC Smile

Thank you mates!!

do you think these are the only ones available with this sticker combination. Do you think/know there is a Klaatu or Klaatu Skfif version of that combination (or can I finally quit searching for it Smile )?

Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

@rebel40 wrote:

Thank you mates!!

do you think these are the only ones available with this sticker combination. Do you think/know there is a Klaatu or Klaatu Skfif version of that combination (or can I finally quit searching for it Smile )?

These are the only ones known.... Who knows what else was available and still exist today???

JC Sad
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 4:45 pm

@Panastur wrote:
@rebel40 wrote:

Thank you mates!!

These are the only ones known.... Who knows what else was available and still exist today???

JC Sad

hi mates,
I have seen a palitoy Darth vader 65 back with clipper sticker and spanish offer.

I agree with you Panastur. Who knows what else can surface in the future....
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasycollectables.es
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:47 am

@lfantelo wrote:
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Pochcompleta
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Lukes
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 ChewieunpaintedpouchandgreenYoda
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 BubbleFettwithextrusionsunpaintedcenterandbadlywielded

Hi, my name is lfantelo, I'm from Madrid, and I am a collector focused on 1) AFA PBP ROTJ MOC; 2) AFA Poch ESB MOC and 3) loose Poch figures. As a howdy, I enclose some pics of my Poch loose collection, all acquired directly from the original owner and with the "poch test" duly passed concerning extrusions, bubbles, freaky wielding, white hands, special features private to some of the pictures...
Close ups attached of:

1.- Poch Fett (check the unpainted middle section of the belt as well as the evident extrusions on left foot and bottom)
2.- Poch grey/green Yoda & unpainted pouch, weird coloured-limbed Chewie (the unpainting is not private to Glasslite)
3.- Some Lukes, chocolate-legged Han, black-necked Lando...

Best and talk soon,

Luis

Hello,
Does anyone else has this chewe unpainted pouch from spain? I just got one from spain (childhood collection) with same discolorations I am waiting for. will post picture when I receive it. cheers
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Star_w10
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Star_w11
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Star_w12
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
dontbedoindope
New User
New User
dontbedoindope

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 8:51 pm

I'm a little late to this thread but I wanted to make a contribution.

Please add these to the Farm Boy section if you'd like.

I've spoken with several of you over the past year or so about this piece.

I figured he belongs on display and this thread is the best place for him.

My question is:
How many MOCs are known on this cardback, for this figure?

Anyone have a guess?

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 7RrSxRZTHE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 AA7Qqm5
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Wolff might be able to answer for how many are carded. He collects loose, but he makes mention of only one known example as of 2012 here : http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077920/

Aside from Wolff you may ask Javi, or Kenneth as they are super knowledgable on the Spanish variants.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 am

A very rare MOC. Thanks for showcasing him here.

About the number of MOCs carrying a PBP Luke farmboy, besides your PBP 65-back:

Palitoy:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 IMG_0607
No. 1. Source: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083375/

Source: http://www.raumhafen.de/galerie/starwars/sw/german_esb/German_ESB_General_Mills_Luke_Skywalker.jpg
No. 2. BTW: Only a link, because of image policy. This MOC might be a Toy Toni, the figure undoubtfully is a PBP Luke Farmboy.

PBP:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Luke_skywalker_rotj65ofer
No. 3A. Source: http://www.starwarsspanishstuff.info/luke-skywalker-rotj-65-back-oferta.html

Source: http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/2662/PBP_LukeSkywalker_BO_NoAFA.jpg
No. 3B. BTW: Only a link, because of image policy. The same card as above with the fragile figure unfortunately being broken.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 7RrSxRZ
No. 4: That is your MOC. Very Happy

Maybe Wolff, Kenneth, Javi, Sergio, Ricardo or JC know about more MOC examples.

Also loose the figure is very rare. Probably less than five in collections worldwide.
One figure is limelighted by Wolff, personally I have seen yet two other figures within collections.  

Can you please share pictures of your MOC in this thread too: https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3786-the-tig-fotw-thread-luke-skywalker-farmboy

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:18 am

@chiktabba wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone else has this chewe unpainted pouch from spain? I just got one from spain (childhood collection) with same discolorations I am waiting for. will post picture when I receive it. cheers
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Star_w10
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Star_w11
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Star_w12
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Img_7312

Hi Nicolas,

Seems like a cool factory error.

I picked up a similar Chewie with green limbs from a childhood collection in 2012.
Mine has the pouch painted though.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 IMG_6919

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 DSCN1835_zpsc59ffbfd
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:00 am

thanks marco,

you are right, plus your coo and mine are the same

I guess factory error is what define poch figures.

There are already two figures from spain with same factory error: the one from luis and mine.

mine would have two factory error than: one on the bandoulier in the back, and the pouch.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:29 am

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Img_7313

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Img_7314

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Img_7315

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Img_7316

here are the objectiv reason why I think this figure is poch, and after every one is free to think what he wants (beside it has been confirmed by an important spanish collector who is not luis):

- this figures comes from a childhood collection in spain
- another poch collector has the same figure
- discolored limbs
- error on painting on bandoulier in the back
- error unpainted pouch
- important plastic extrusion on feets
- penis between legs
- not great sonic welding
- and it is not like if it was an old used figure, it is in very good condition

I agree it is not a confirmed poch like black neck lando or chocolate han hoth, but to me with all what is above, it is enough to make it a 90% poch figure
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:00 am

I have this Chewie also from Spain with the same HK coo, discoloured limbs, open crotch, bad sonic welding etc. His Kenner HK brother has the same discolouration but not the same resddish brown body paint or pouch colour imo. The Kenner one doesn't have the imperfections such as penis, bad sonic welding etc.

So this is a second Poch Chewie variant imo - mixed up or not is tough to say for sure..???
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:24 am

hi kenneth, thanks for your lights here.

here is something I just found on another forum, funny if not sad, those were probably poch figs:
http://www.starwarsspanishstuff.info/foro/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9654&start=30

and this:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:11 am

Dry heat sterilisation was a real drastic way to get rid off of those fungi affected POCH figures.

I still don't understand why this guy didn't do a test run with Kenner beater figures first.

Now a ultra rare 'toxic' green limbs POCH Bossk was sacrificed for this experiment.  Crying or Very sad   (see my comment in the Spanish thread)

BEFORE:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 DSC_0098

AFTER:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 DSC_0102
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:31 am

I think he had no idea it was rare poch figs, like me when I have put luke farmboy in oxigen water. I was lucky because my result was better
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:38 am

Yes, that must be the explaination.

What a pity, he used exactly this Bossk figure as a test figure, while not knowing its rarity.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Luke Skywalker - Bespin Fatigues

Originally it was thought that there where just two Poch Luke Bespin's, one from COO family III with the unpainted hip and one from COO family II with the brown hair.
The first time I aquired the later from COO family II it was from Kenneth and it was a so called 'mixed up' figure as it featured pink hands and not the usual Poch 'pale' hands.

Upon arrival though I was not drawn to the hands, but instead to the feet, the boot colour was 'caramel' which was a colour that was not found on any other figure from this family. This lead me to believe that it would seem there was a third Poch Luke Bespin. I discovery my finding in this thread. The big question was.... Did this figure assumably exist with the pale hands as a none mixed up verion.

I have since seen this figure show up on ebay, it again had the 'caramel' boots and also the same pink hands. Then the other day I managed to get this new upgrade which again has the pink hands?

So far then, that's three that all seem to have the exact same pink hands? I have discussed this with Wolff briefly who thinks that this must be a 'Frankenstien' figure which would certainly seem to be the case so far.

Kenneth I would love to hear your thoughts on this, as when you where trying to find me a Poch Luke, you found one but then added it to you're personal collection because it was different and I remember you saying about the boot colour? If so, is it the same as this and does it share the same traits that I will highlight here, and does it have those pink hands again?  Would love to hear from you on this my friend.

Right, first of all, here is the figure, front, back and COO

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c10
Front

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c11
Back

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c12
COO - Family II Hong Kong (Large)

Here is a comparrison shot with my other:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c13
Front

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c14
Back

Here is a comparrison shot of the two above figures next to a standard Poch Luke Bespin from the same family:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c15
L to R Standard Poch Luke with tan boots, Caramel boots Poch Luke's x 2

The Caramel boots figure in both cases has several typical Poch traits:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c16
Small bubbles in the paint

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c17
Melt marks on the back of the figure

Here is a picure of the hands:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c18
Pink hands

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c19
Comparrison shot, L to R - Standard Poch 'pale' hands and pink hands x 2 from the caramel boot figures

This particular Luke does have two completely features that are completely unique to this figure. The first is the boot colour which is what I refer to as 'Caramel' this specific colour did not feature on any other figure from this family and the same colour can only be found on one othere figure which is the caramel boots PBP Luke from COO family III.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c20
Caramel coloured boots

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c21
Comparrison shot with the caramel boots PBP Luke, the colour is the same

The other interesting unique feature of this figure is an unpainted hip similar to it's Poch family III counterpart. The hip does have paint present but only a very slight dusting. The feature is present on both the examples that I have and does not appear on any other figure variation with in this family, not even the other Poch Luke with the tan boots, it's completely unique to this figure.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c22
Unpainted hip

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c23
Both caramel boots Luke's hips

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 Poch_c24
Comparrison with Standard tan boots Poch Luke - L to R Tan boots, caramle boots x2

So there you have it, the third Poch Luke, but is it a Frankenstien/hybrid/mixed up figure only? Or can this be found with ppale hands? So far the evidence suggest pink hands only.

Kenneth, I would to love here from you on this, is this the figure you got that time? if so is it the same?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Great post, Alex!  Very Happy 

The first thing which comes to mind.

Might the legs with caramel boots be painted just prior to the manufacturing of the first PBP Luke Bespin figures?

The paint which was left over from the POCH era was used in the following PBP era.

EDIT: Agree, you would expect a Luke Bespin having caramel boots and pale hands to exist as well. That is unless, at that late time point in production (close to the PBP era), there were no pale hands anymore, only imported overstock arms with pink painted hands.

Interesting figure nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-