The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tommy_Garvey
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Tommy_Garvey

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:37 am

Here is the full set of fan site patches, which will be available in the Collecting Track Social Area:

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 54659811

When Star Wars collectors want to find out about the latest and greatest toys, statues, and prop replicas hitting retail the primary sources of news and reviews are not corporate owned web sites, but sites run by Star Wars fans for Star Wars fans.

While one might expect competition among the various sites, each trying to scoop the other, the truth is the owners and reporters from many sites are friends who see each other annually at conventions, Toy Fair International, and of course Star Wars Celebrations.

Now at Star Wars Celebration VI, six of these fan-created web sites have joined together to bring an exciting new collectible available in the Star Wars Collecting Track Social Area!

In the Social Area six Star Wars fan sites, Jedi News UK, Jedi Temple Archives, Sandtroopers, Star Wars Action News, The Star Wars Collectors’ Archive, and Yakface will be hosting “meet the fan site” sessions where site visitors can meet the men behind the web sites--and get an exclusive patch from each site.

Each site will have an exclusive patch given away only during the meet-and-greet, and if you collect all 6 patches they join together to make a larger patch--much like how the sites are united in their fandom of Star Wars and their love of collecting! Each patch is limited to 500 pieces and will be given out on a first-come-first serve basis during the meet-and-greets. Additionally, a small number of full sets will be given away in the Social Area during the convention! Follow @C6CollectTrack on Twitter during the con.

The meet-and-greets will be held in the Collectors’ Social Area, a new addition to the popular Collecting Track for Celebration VI. In addition to this exclusive patch giveaway, attendees can sit on roundtable discussions, get collecting books autographed, meet other collectors as well as other great activities.

Come on out and meet a fan site and get an exclusive patch - only in the Star Wars Collectors Social Area! The times for each site will be posted soon.

Tommy

Last edited by Tommy_Garvey on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://theswca.com/hobbyarchive/index.html
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:08 am

That's a great idea to have 6 smaller patches that join to make a mega patch :clap:
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:14 am

^^What he said.
Added to the first post.

Think that makes 88 different things so far. Anyone taking a pack mule with them to carry all this kit? lol!
Back to top Go down
LukeJedi
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: There is another......   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 am

@aussiejames wrote:
That's a great idea to have 6 smaller patches that join to make a mega patch :clap:

There is another...... check out LukeJedi.info for more information about one of the other 'group' patches, this one has 7 patches that form one image.

BTW, I believe one of the first times this was done was at C3 between DCSWCC, OSWCC and PASWCS the three joined together to form a Vader image, several clubs did another for C5 and there is another one for C6.

To add to the list of C6 swag, just a partial image for now:

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 T_c6LJpatch1T
Back to top Go down
http://www.lukejedi.info
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:12 am

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 Transformersmovie04ax9

A combiner with Luke Jedi. Shawnie will be in heaven lol!
Back to top Go down
LukeJedi
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:17 am

DCSWCC has announced their plans, including another exclusive patch check out dcswcc.org homepage. Their booth number is #548, plus they'll be at the Collectors Social area on Thursday @ 3:30pm

Hint: I'm a member of DCSWCC Wink
Back to top Go down
LukeJedi
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 am

trois --- SlimyMudHole.com

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 Patch_tease-289x300
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 pm

@Josh wrote:

A combiner with Luke Jedi. Shawnie will be in heaven lol!

Indeed I am now that you tied it in with Transformers. Smile

Looking forward to getting one Bob!
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
LukeJedi
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Got permission to show a piece of all 7 patches that make up the DCSWCC Member Patch set

More info will be posted at DCSWCC.org on how to obtain these patches.

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 KDUS-00072
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm

That looks pretty cool.
Added it to the first post. Cool
Back to top Go down
Darth Perry
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Y'know, it really is amazing to think that the stuff I'm most excited about at CVI are the fan-made pins and patches. Incredible!

Shawn
Back to top Go down
billcable
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:11 am

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 CVIfanGroupPatch
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:47 pm

So many cool items, I just hope I can be in the right place at the right times.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Here's the final membership cards for The Space Club ready to go. I'll have 30 of them to hand out.

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 20120817-201211

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 20120817-210043
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
LukeJedi
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:18 am

The DCSWCC patch image has been updated to show the entire patch...can you name that shape Wink
Back to top Go down
colpar
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:00 pm

This Celebration must have been an exceptional experience, congrats to everyone who have attended !

If some of you who made special giveaways still have some spare left, please PM me as i'm trying to get everything fanmade
related for my 16 yo son who should have been there at C VI with me but finally we couldn't attend.

Thanks to the peoples who already promised me to keep one for us and for the wonderful things we already received ... it was a
bit like we were there with you.

Olivier and Jordan Wink
Back to top Go down
oceans11
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Damn.. thanks to everyone who made my button give away a huge success. Sorry to those that didn't get one, two, or all of them, and that I had to tell that I was out. They went quick and I appreciate the demand there was for them.

Quick thanks to everyone here who designed something for the show. I met many of you and got the buttons and pateches that you created and I was thrilled to be able to add them to my lanyards (yes, plural); even though the lanyards got heavier and heavier throughout the day.

Don
who's bouncing ideas around for the next round of buttons for the next show I go to
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Oops wrong thread! Wondered where my reply had gone to! lol!
Back to top Go down
colpar
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:13 am

As i'm already eager to attend CE 2 and torturing my brain to find a nice giveaway idea, someone on another board
said that it might be needed to ask LFL the permission to make items ...

So to the happy creators of fan made giveways ... did you asked to LFL or was it not necessary ?

Thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:25 am

I am pretty sure because you are giving them away & not selling them you should be fine?
Back to top Go down
colpar
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:32 am

It is what i think too ... he gave me this part of C VI rules : ( What Does Celebration Think Of Bootlegs?
Star Wars Celebration is produced under the authorization of Lucasfilm Ltd., and the buying and selling of counterfeit / knock-off / unlicensed materials will not be tolerated. Star Wars Celebration showcases the best of Star Wars, and bootlegs have no place in the show. Violation of this rule will result in one warning. A second violation will result in removal from the show with no refunds. )

it is clearly for selling / buying.

I suppose LFL would loose too much time looking at maybe hundreds of items made as gifts. But seeing these on ebay some days after the show selling for $$ might cause troubles maybe ?

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:39 am

LFL very rarely do anything about all the recards & reproduction weapons on ebay. I'm sure they don't care about stuff they never made. I'm sure you'll be safe. I'm also sure all the Star Wars artist don't pay/ get permission from LFL.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:53 am

@colpar wrote:
It is what i think too ... he gave me this part of C VI rules : ( What Does Celebration Think Of Bootlegs?
Star Wars Celebration is produced under the authorization of Lucasfilm Ltd., and the buying and selling of counterfeit / knock-off / unlicensed materials will not be tolerated. Star Wars Celebration showcases the best of Star Wars, and bootlegs have no place in the show. Violation of this rule will result in one warning. A second violation will result in removal from the show with no refunds. )

it is clearly for selling / buying.

I suppose LFL would loose too much time looking at maybe hundreds of items made as gifts. But seeing these on ebay some days after the show selling for $$ might cause troubles maybe ?

I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to do a giveaway then go right a head. I don't think anyone that did a giveaway at C6 asked LFL for permission.

As for the cardbacks and things we did for the Archive Party, we had some discussions about whether to contact LFL about them. It was decided that since we were producing so few of them that they probably wouldn't take notice to the cardbacks, or care that much about them. Another thing we did was put a small disclaimer on the back of them stating that the cardbacks were just for fun and made no intention of copyright infringement. Similar to the disclaimer on the archive.

I'm also not buying the "bootleg rule". There were plenty of bootlegs for sale on the sales floor at Celebration. There was also a bootleg collector panel (which is endorsed by LFL, I might add) at Celebration. If I were to guess I'd say the "bootleg rule" is more in line with Official Celebration merchandise than anything.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Have fun creating your giveaway! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
colpar
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:43 am

Thank you James and Chris Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.   Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebration 6 giveaways...Masterlist. What to look out for and who has them.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-