The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration.....   This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:31 am

Welcome aboard, JM!! welcome
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration.....   This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 am

As others mention My mrs dont care as long i pay My share Of The Bills and can afford vacations etc
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration.....   This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:27 am

Well as far a significant other goes I can't post on that as I don't have one...but I can post on the other topics. As far as space goes good luck with finding a way to display everything. Building your own display is a great way to go, especially if you have a small space. I built my own for my small space, a 5x7 closet under the stairs, and its great because I made the shelves adjustable and it really is great for my space situation. Also the best thing you can do for yourself is to pace yourself while collecting. Its tempting to buy buy buy but thats not necessarily the way to go. Personally I have been working on a loose near mint figure collection for going on six years and I still have about 8 left...although I just acquired Yak Face! Very Happy Great thread btw.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration.....   This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:37 am

@MasterTyvokka wrote:
Well as far a significant other goes I can't post on that as I don't have one...but I can post on the other topics. As far as space goes good luck with finding a way to display everything. Building your own display is a great way to go, especially if you have a small space. I built my own for my small space, a 5x7 closet under the stairs, and its great because I made the shelves adjustable and it really is great for my space situation. Also the best thing you can do for yourself is to pace yourself while collecting. Its tempting to buy buy buy but thats not necessarily the way to go. Personally I have been working on a loose near mint figure collection for going on six years and I still have about 8 left...although I just acquired Yak Face! Very Happy Great thread btw.

cheers mate, congrats on your new yak, its a great feeling to get the big guns in your collection.
yes i like the pacing yourself idea, it took me about 4 years to collect my loose run from only having one figure from my childhood left, i had a lil brother and when i went to boarding school for yr 7, he took it upon himself to make my remaining figures go walk about, but i suppose by then i had lost n destroyed most of then anyway....
i never go to silly on the buying bursts, and as i only collect loose, i spend a coupa hundred bucks about every two months, so i rarely get any buyers remorse.
i like your idea abut using your space under your stairs as a lil starwars showcase, sounds great.
i cant wait till ive got a nice cabinet to put my peices in, ive only got the old ikea four tier single door glass one, and mate ive got those figures n variants crammed in like sardines, it looks ridiculous atm, but when ive got it sorted i will put a pic up in the limelight section, it will be nothing that already isnt in there, but it will be nice to put it in there anyway, cheers mate, n thanks for the reply
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration.....   This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 4:11 am

I've been single for a couple of years so I can collect in any which way I like. My ex-girlfriend was kinda cool about me collecting. She didn't mind as long as I kept my collection to one room and of course pay my share of the bills. She wasn't interested in the stuff, but I think she thought it was fun for me having a hobby I really enjoyed.

Good luck with your collection and I hope you will keep finding inspiration here on TIG. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration.....   This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:43 am

My wife is more of a hoarder , er , I mean "Collector" than I am . She collects coca cola stuff and roosters - bedrooms full of cokes and living room is chickens . I like to make fun of her and say she collects Cokes and Cocks tongue . Her collection chickens is part of where we get our user name (along with the flat roofed chicken coopy house style) .

Needless to say , she doesn't mind my little collections - as long as I keep them packed away nicely and out of sight :buzzing: .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration.....   This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This place has pumped me up ! Im ready to go BOOM..New inspiration.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-