The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Situation report on your collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Situation report on your collection Empty
PostSubject: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Just a topic that popped in my head.

Maybe some people would like to share how their collection is going:

I am glad to say that i have 58 loose figure out of the "official" 93 as of now. Pretty darn good i would say for just a little over a year's worth of collecting when i have money. Now the hardest part is those darn last 17 and blue snaggy. Also got a few variants that i am proud of.

Doing also well in other areas:

got the following:

Droid factory
land of jawa
darth vader tie fighter
star wars board games: escape form death star, destroy death star
electronic star wars battle game
landspeeder
x-wing
vehicle maintenance energizer
speeder bike
loose wampa
patrol dewback
beat up movie viewer

i got an incoming 15" chewie

Wishlist: pretty much all the rest of the kenner stuff, but my focus is on getting a loose collection done while collecting boxed playsets, vehicles, specials from ANH.

once that is done i might fall on MOC stuff...if i can win the lottery...

and that is besides all my newer stuff.. Smile

what is your sit rep?

cheers!

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:58 pm

I have to wonder what constitutes the 93 since you're referencing Blue Snag. He's not part of the "Collect All" anything.....

As for me, I'm trying to buy stuff but NOTHING is hitting the market for my focus. I just sold off a few things in hopes of something being offered but the guy disappeared. So now I have a mountain of cash, but nothing to spend it on.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:02 am

My purchasing has slowed due to another hobby. So I'm a bit more selective now with new aquisitions ( I like to think smarter Razz ). I still haven't catalogued my hoard or cleaned up my display room ( I've been saying that for years Embarassed )
John if your money is burning holes in your pockets feel free to look at my WTB thread Laughing
I'd like to think I'd start selling/trading off my doubles ( I told my wife this over 3 years ago when Junior was born tongue )
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:08 am

I'm a bit like John. I'm putting everything on hold looking for some coin pre-production stuff, but nothing is around atm. I've got some cash together, & also put my loose figure collection on hold just in case something comes up. Bit of a collecting limbo tbh.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 am

yeah its kinda weird... i just want to get my paws on a north American death star, i was looking at them and there was none then a month ago they started to pop up left and right and it has died out again. I guess stuff does come in waves...

yes blue snaggy, is not on any official list but he is still a figure from that era so i do want to get one. I am over half way now so it is interesting, most of my loose figure are a solid c8 to c9 stuff. I would say that i would need to re-buy maybe ten because of paint rubs and factory defects but that is being real picky and severe about the condition. The ones that are giving me problems are the Luke. The original one and the Bespin one. my farm boy Luke is not the greatest and i wanted to get a Bespin Luke but they always have bad paint rubs or fake weapons or seem to be a tad over-priced for my taste and i don't really wanna buy AFA since i think its overkill in price and you can get probably the same equivalent in grade if you are patient and shop properly...

i might do a few variants here and there but i don't want to get too much because what i would take for this would inevitably remove from my little budget for another thing so...

cheers
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 pm

One of these days I will have to catalog my collection for me I pretty much have all I want for now unless something catches my eye I am looking at a stormtrooper halmet made by riddell I have the vader one but for now I will just keep an eye open.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:49 am

My vintage collecting has been put on hold for a while.

Little by little I've been sending the rest of my loose figures out to get AFA graded.

I have a couple figures on my want list if the price is right.

The most important one being a super minty Droid Factory R2-D2.
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:27 pm

First off, great idea for a thread! For starters, I collect loose COO variants & my goal is to finish Wolff's guide. Living in the US makes doing this extremely difficult as none of the figures I am chasing can be found here. But this isn't a new problem, I just like to complain about it every now and again Laughing
I am currently missing 45 figures to finish the guide & of the figures I am missing they are either really expensive, impossible to find or my Xbox red rings when they do pop up affraid
With that said, my new purchases are few and far between, part of me misses the days of buying collections & being able to add a ton of variants quickly though I am really anxious to finish this as I am looking forward to exploring other areas of the hobby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:04 pm

@coachk28 wrote:

The most important one being a super minty Droid Factory R2-D2.

Yes getting a droid factory r2 that looks decent is super super hard. I had extremely good luck in finding one where the sticker was applied and the decal was super decent. The only thing i can see to resolve your problem is to buy an almost mint droid factory and then apply the decal yourself while hoping that the glue is fresh enough to work...which is a huge gamble. But i have seen many droid factories pop up for dirt cheap and that is how i got what i need, i actually had to buy 3 to get all the parts and that all important r2... you can look at my limelight thread if not done already to see my droid factory r2.

cheers and good luck. Smile
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Collecting wise, I am still chugging along. There were a few items at CVI that I would have loved to add to my collection, but the prices were a tad to high for my taste. I am still documenting first shot Jawas and am up to seven confirmed at this time. Some leads have gone cold or maybe my lack of persistence is the problem.

I thought with the down economy, some of my wish list pieces would hit the market, but no dice so far. My passion is still strong, so I should just kick back and recharge my batteries for a bit..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:19 pm

My vintage collecting has come to a total standstill since the start of 2012. Finances and buying a house are two main reasons, along with my attention being taken up with other hobbies. I also sold a big chunk of my bootleg collection to help with moving costs. The funny thing is I don't miss any of the stuff I sold off. Time to re-evaluate and find an area of vintage that trips my trigger again. Or go buy more comics.
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:54 pm

My collecting is kind of in a transition period. I've really downsized my variant collection and now I only have 20 of my favourite variants which I am slowly selling off to fund prototype pieces. I looking to expand my small run of POTF first shot prototypes.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:59 pm

I see a couple of people shifting and I actually think that's a good thing. Better to freshen things up than leave the hobby. There are exceptions where a person likes a particular subset or character, but if your interest is lowering, nothing wrong with hanging a big left and traveling down a different path.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:05 pm

It would be hard for me to get bored. there are like a bazillion gazillion things i want. I consider myself more of a star wars noob at this time but there are many things to get.

Kenner toys, fast food and food premiums, costumes, displays, games, books, clothings, etc etc etc.

If i ever striked it rich i would go take a trip to death valley and find the star wars sites and as well as Tunisia. Apparently in tunisia you could find some props that were used in the movie laying around where the filming took place. Now that would be extremely awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Situation report on your collection   Situation report on your collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Situation report on your collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-