The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all)   What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Nice toes, you been taking photo lessons from me? Laughing
So how did you snag that?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all)   What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:29 am

A collectibles house in Arizona who I'd spoken with a year ago came full circle. I'd actually asked if they authenticated items since I was bidding on Ebay for one. They gave me good advice , checked the one I was bidding (it wasn't their auction and they gave it a thumbs up). I got sniped and lost it.

I asked them to keep an eye out and they said yes, because they had a mint copy only and it was out of the range I gave them. I asked for pics anyway, fell in love, and bought it! Ironically selling my DT Ben gave me the money. Had I not sold it, couldn't have made it happen.

Anyways off to the framer this weekend!!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Christian
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Christian

PostSubject: Re: What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all)   What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:57 am

@DarthBerizing wrote:
A collectibles house in Arizona who I'd spoken with a year ago came full circle. I'd actually asked if they authenticated items since I was bidding on Ebay for one. They gave me good advice , checked the one I was bidding (it wasn't their auction and they gave it a thumbs up). I got sniped and lost it.

I asked them to keep an eye out and they said yes, because they had a mint copy only and it was out of the range I gave them. I asked for pics anyway, fell in love, and bought it! Ironically selling my DT Ben gave me the money. Had I not sold it, couldn't have made it happen.

Anyways off to the framer this weekend!!

Congratulations John - great story which proves persistence does pay off in the end. A lovely piece of American history.

Regards,
Christian
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all)   What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 am

Congrats John!

I am also pleased to hear that there are still people around (especially in professionnal shops) providing gracious help and advice (like in this forum lol! )
Back to top Go down
Eric Taylor
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Eric Taylor

PostSubject: Re: What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all)   What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:14 am

@Gorneesh wrote:

The Vincent black shadow is a very nice bike I would love one of them, My dad used to have one of these but it was long before I was born, he also had the Norton Commando but he put that under the front of a bus and wrote it of and very nearly himself along with it.
I miss not having a motorbike I might try and find myself one for next summer.

Thats cool ! Guess our dads would have had to rumble , my dad had a vespa GS150 haha . Yeah my friend has a Vincent comet , but that's NFS .

I think when I do pull the trigger on a Commando , I am not buying a bike in a box like I did with my Bonnevilles , Bought one with a good engine and some usable stuff , then found a rolling chassis , but still had to buy this and that and even though most of the stuff is avalible just been alot more than I wanted to do to get it together .
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all)   What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:28 am

Great story, and I am happy for you that you have obtained your grail item, John!

What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all) - Page 2 Deweytruman12
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all)   What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your non Star Wars Grail (if you have one at all)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2