The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Creating turntables of the toys for the website.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Creating turntables of the toys for the website. Empty
PostSubject: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 pm

I was thinking of this , instead of static photos, would it not be nice to have turntables of the toys and accessories so that people can see the toy from a 360 degree point of view?

I know there must be a way to do it and i have explored this before but i cant remember which program does this.

Imagine if all the vintage toys would get a turntable. You could see them in all their glory and examine the details if you need some reference. I know it would be a lot of work but that would be something extraordinary to accomplish. Imagine a reference site done that way...

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:14 am

Agree.

Maybe something for the TIG Youtube channel.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:49 am

I think that's a good idea too, especially if we can add to the TIG Yootube.
Bud - I don't know of any programmes for revolving pictures, but have you looked into those auto-revolving display stands like what jewellery shops sometimes use? I think they do single stands to display small amounts of jewellery? Don't know if they're expensive or not, but they might be cool to display single or a few variant figures and film them 360.

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:52 pm

I know that in Zbrush you can take your 3d model and make a turntable out of it. Ok our toys are not 3d models but i know there is some sort of software to do this. I have seen this but i cannot remember the name or how to ask to do a proper research on this one.

i found an example

sort of turntable

Last edited by budspencer on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:55 pm

We've got a lot of talented people on this site, I'd like to see if this could flesh out.

Moving it to the main section

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:54 am

If anyone can make that happen, that would (in my mind) makes this hands down the best vintage Star Wars resource on the web. What a great idea!!!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:18 am

That sounds like a great idea. Would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
exactoy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:54 pm

I think I have the gear to do this. My brother also teaches photography and photoshop I will ask him.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:08 pm

I did not think this would be popular idea. Smile It would help to identify COO's and how they are placed on each toys and help identify different Variants.

there is some software but it is darn expensive.

Ortery TruView 360

Turn ordinary JPG images into amazing 360-degree product animations featuring click-and-drag mouse control and deep zooming from every angle

TruView animations can be built in Silverlight, Flash and HTML5 technology and can be shared internally, online and on cell phones.

Whether it’s for eCommerce or product development, they are ideal for enhancing digital visual communication.

But where there is a pro software that is expensive, there is always an open source or cheaper version out there waiting to be discovered.... I am sure someone can come up with something and we could all contribute...

Smile
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:24 pm

after a bit of googling, i may have hit the jackpot.

VR turntable tutorial
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I think it's a great idea, it would be a lot easier to id figures etc. But getting there is the problem. I guess once you got a setup it's just the enormous amount of work to get all figures done. Would take a long time but the end result would be great.

I don't understand how that thing works, well I understand how it rotates and takes pictures. Just not how to make one. But it seems to have fairly cheap materials.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Same for me. I dont have the tools ( Camera ) to do that kind of stuff. But there is a way to do it as all can see.

The only problem with this is that its gonna generate a lot of big files and creates a lot of bandwith usage. But if the owners of the site have lots of that, then it is not a problem.

But if People would sit down and come with a standardized method then share it, i am sure that in no time, at least one example of each toy and their weapons could be made. Once that is done, The variants could come into play so when you collect you could come here and get some serious knowledge ( not that the site does not possess that already ) to be able to buy your collecting needs and be sure you are exactly getting what you expect.

If this site would have this kind of reference, it would become the envy of everyone. Thats for sure.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating turntables of the toys for the website.   Creating turntables of the toys for the website. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating turntables of the toys for the website.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-