The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? Empty
PostSubject: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:16 pm

For me it was getting the US version of the Death Star. Cost me probably more than i should have paid for but in the end it was worth it.

My next milestone will be to finish my loose collection. I am a 3/4 point at this time. Got to get a few upgraded figures and that's it. Then i have to fully be in the POTF figures which will just ruin my wallet.

:I am stupid:

But i am way better off than i was. If i had only concentrated on the figures only i would have been done a while ago...
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:13 pm

My biggest milstone sofar, that must have been completing my loose Ledy run with the removable rocket Boba Fett.

That was only last week, see the vid in the latest purchases thread.

Kudos to Ozio for helping me reach that milesone! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
stormtrooper37
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:19 pm

An extremely elusive French square carded Meccano Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:54 pm

my loose set with the common variants or my swedish theatrical poster set
i gonna be a lot prouder when my boxed vehicle run or my moc run is finished
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:02 pm

My biggest milestone is getting back in for the third time properly.

As a child (first time); in my late teens/early 20s (second time - but no idea about variants, COOs, condition, grading, value, etc); and now, starting Dec 2012 is the third time.

This time around going into it as a true hobby, not a play-thing is going to be great.
Using my time in shared between research, collecting, trading, selling, upgrading, focusing and more. It will be a much more worthwhile experience and I am glad to have found a group here to help as well as a better understanding of what is what in a short time again.

Aside from that, time will tell. I am one piece short of my true goal of the first "12" and that is a loose, non-graded VC Jawa. So, all in all, the third time seems to be the charm and I am shocked I got here as quickly as I have... but it still isn't perfect! Laughing

There is sooooo much more to come I hope! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:36 pm

I finally finished my loose run back in February. Kind of been quiet ever since.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:20 pm

an entire early bird kit would be the top holy grail milestone for me.

The envelope and the figures i mean. If you sit down and think hard it is achievable with patience....
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:22 pm

@curch wrote:
I finally finished my loose run back in February. Kind of been quiet ever since.

Congrats on that sir! all this hunting has given great reward. You must be a happy man now!
Back to top Go down
wattosjunkpile
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
wattosjunkpile

PostSubject: milestone   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Mine was completing my model trem set last year.This year I hope to finish my polish original run, or my Hungarian run.
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:52 am

I think my survival as a focus collector has been my biggest milestone. Twelve years and counting as a Jawa collector with a number of ups and downs.
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:34 am

Finishing my Glasslite & Top Toys figure lines.

Back to top Go down
madhatter1220
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
madhatter1220

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Carded VC Jawa for me.
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:32 am

I'd have to say finishing my loose collection was huge! My final figure was the POTF R2, he will forever remain special to me.

Another big one was beginning my Canadian carded collection with a mint 77back Vader.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 5:45 am

HK Large Brown Haired Poch Bespin Luke for me, and then the circle is complete!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:10 am

Finally getting a loose General Madine and Klaatu. Took me 10yrs to finally find them lol!

I honestly don't know. It seems like there have been a few at different points in my collecting evolution. Picking one is pretty hard.

Maybe the Harbert ESB Yoda. I remember thinking I was now in the "big time" with it

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
itfciain
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:01 am

I have had plenty of milestones in the past couple of years but not sure which I would say was the 'biggest'

Getting a full set of loose
Getting all of the Last 17
Getting my first MOC
First AFA Graded MOC
Putting together a full ESB run
Putting together a full run of Droids & Ewoks (and then selling the Boba)
First VC Jawa
First DT Luke
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:21 am

Completing my Last 17 Run! cheers
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:22 am

^^^ Hitting puberty wasn't it? lol!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:23 pm

I've been fortunate enough to have had many milestones in my time as a collector.

Finishing a full set of US carded all on premier cardbacks,
finishing a set of carded POTF,
a set of LL 12" dolls boxed,
a set of Popy figures all boxed.
Finishing my carded Uzay set
acquiring many grail level items both licensed items: carded vlix,carded Tri Madine (2times), J-slot Rocket Fett, unproduced plush Crumbs
and bootlegs :carded Polish Hoth Trooper, Uzay molds,Hungarian store display set, bagged deluxe Yoda and AtAt Driver,among many more

Still the biggest milestone for me was the thing that was most difficult for me to finish, I honestly didn't believe that I'd ever complete this carded set.... Almost 17 years to complete a carded set of a mere 20 figures. The Polish 1st gen set:
This pic shows them also flanked by some Polish 2nd and 3rd gen carded pieces and the infamous Polish Hoth Stormtrooper.

[img]What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? 8512151904_4606754e94 Poland! by jty1138, on Flickr[/img]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
madhatter1220
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
madhatter1220

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Wow Joe that's amazing!!!! Quite an accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Awesome/amazing and a lot of this words are poping up,
thanks for sharing Joe
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:08 pm

As corny as it sounds. For me it's all the good pals I've made over the years. Even if they are a bunch of enabling bastards talking me into buying a bunch of little plastic people I don't need. Wink
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:38 pm

@kisstour03 wrote:
As corny as it sounds. For me it's all the good pals I've made over the years. Even if they are a bunch of enabling bastards talking me into buying a bunch of little plastic people I don't need. Wink

lol!

awwwwww , now thats a Hallmark moment if I ever heard one :cool laugh:

What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? Pppppp13

I would say my milestone moment is along the same lines Very Happy Joining here and getting to know some fellow collectors was a big step for me and one I am really glad I made . I had never been one to get involved with internet activities up till I joined here - deffinitely met some good folks . (Except for that Kisstour guy - he's just way too sappy and sentimental rofl )
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:35 pm

A lot of great milestones guys. Very Happy I'm pretty much a Newbie, but my milestones so far are my 2 bespin Luke's I acquired from Javi Razz and that's a PBP & A complete Ledy. cheers :clap:

PBP
What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? F02AC2C4-815A-4135-917F-8A1F02B98DAC-481-0000002B52F6D3B3_zpsfbcf16e2

Lili Ledy
What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? AB4AA4A5-1ECE-4A12-BEEC-97C76AF47AA8-306-00000012E12F9E22_zpsd9abe344

rofl celebrate :buzzing:
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:14 pm

That is a really nice set of nipples , er ...I mean Bespin Lukes you have there June What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?   What was you biggest collecting milestone so far? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was you biggest collecting milestone so far?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-