The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum
 
HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 DTS Luke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

DTS Luke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DTS Luke   DTS Luke - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:13 pm

@burnsy wrote:

DTS Luke - Page 2 LedyLeia024

To me the inner saber looks repro. The bend is weired and its only one. I also think the inner saber is always paler then the outer part!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Posts : 7048
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 48
Location : Dutchess County, NY

DTS Luke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DTS Luke   DTS Luke - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Actually the bend is what makes me think it's legit Wolff. When a DT saber is in its "original" state that's about the place it would be sticking out so , if it bent, the stress line would be about there.

Anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

DTS Luke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DTS Luke   DTS Luke - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:43 pm

@Darthberizing wrote:
Actually the bend is what makes me think it's legit Wolff. When a DT saber is in its "original" state that's about the place it would be sticking out so , if it bent, the stress line would be about there.

Anyone agree?

I agree....but I would also bend my fake at this place. And I think in this case it looks like its not exactly at the right position...or???

I never saw an inner saber with just one bend....they are mostly wavy and bended a few times. The color looks also odd IMO.


Wolff
Back to top Go down
swscout
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
swscout

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-11-20

DTS Luke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DTS Luke   DTS Luke - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:34 pm

@Darthberizing wrote:
Are you asking about it's legitimacy?

If so my personal opinion is it's good. The Luke could be a replacement (Correct COO but usually its the lighter pants color but I dont think anyone cares) but the saber has that classic stress bend , color looks good as well. The crack isn't great if you display it extended of course but IMHO I'd say legit 100%

The bend has nothing to do with legitimacy - you can easily bend repro sabers the same way - as Wolff mentioned and my EB bagged DT is not bended.
I have seen quite a lot DT sabers up till now - imo you cant verify this saber from the pics.
There are different inner and outer sabers and pretty good HQ DT's around as well. I would need some makro pics to verify this one.

Colors of the DT sabers can vary also - there is no across the board or golden rule for that.

take care
ben
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2009-11-20

DTS Luke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DTS Luke   DTS Luke - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:12 am

@swscout wrote:
@Darthberizing wrote:
Are you asking about it's legitimacy?

If so my personal opinion is it's good. The Luke could be a replacement (Correct COO but usually its the lighter pants color but I dont think anyone cares) but the saber has that classic stress bend , color looks good as well. The crack isn't great if you display it extended of course but IMHO I'd say legit 100%

The bend has nothing to do with legitimacy - you can easily bend repro sabers the same way - as Wolff mentioned and my EB bagged DT is not bended.
I have seen quite a lot DT sabers up till now - imo you cant verify this saber from the pics.
There are different inner and outer sabers and pretty good HQ DT's around as well. I would need some makro pics to verify this one.

Colors of the DT sabers can vary also - there is no across the board or golden rule for that.

take care
ben


The god of DT Lukes has spoken bow bow bow bow

Thx for input Ben Wink

Wolff
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

Posts : 661
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 44

DTS Luke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DTS Luke   DTS Luke - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:22 am

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll see if I can get some better shots Ben and PM them over to you.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Posts : 2862
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 45
Location : IL,US.

DTS Luke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DTS Luke   DTS Luke - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:25 pm

here are some pic's of my DTS 3 line coo.Luke.hope this help's,Dan, cheers DTS Luke - Page 2 Dts_lu13DTS Luke - Page 2 Dts_lu12DTS Luke - Page 2 Dts_lu11DTS Luke - Page 2 Dts_lu10
Back to top Go down
swscout
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
swscout

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-11-20

DTS Luke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DTS Luke   DTS Luke - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:16 am

@burnsy wrote:
Thanks for the info guys.

I'll see if I can get some better shots Ben and PM them over to you.

You are welcome. Just send them over and I'll do my best.
cheers
ben
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




DTS Luke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DTS Luke   DTS Luke - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 

DTS Luke

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-