The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales Empty
PostSubject: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Picked these up in Cardiff today. I'm sure I'm not the only TIG member to venture there today. Alan Harris Bossk and Paul Blake Greedo are top blokes.

Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales P8310078_zpsd4d76231

Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales P8310077_zps77743eca

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : amended title for search results)
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Very nice. Was it a convention type of event or something?

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:16 am

Nice!

Was there also vintage for sale?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:09 am

It was the Cardiff Comic convention.

Most of the Star Wars stuff i saw was modern and appeared way over priced, which i suppose is to be expected at an event. I was mainly there to meet the SW cast so didn't do much figure hunting.

Kenny Baker and Jeremy Bullock were also there, but i met them in Dublin a few years ago. Was full of Sci Fi celebrities from Red Dwarf, Dr Who, Harry Potter etc. Even Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger) and David Hasslehoff were there. £30 for "The Hoffs" autograph.....F*&% O*F.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:39 am

@Section 8 wrote:
Picked these up in Cardiff today. I'm sure I'm not the only TIG member to venture there today. Alan Harris Bossk and Paul Blake Greedo are top blokes.
I agree, Paul Blake & Alan Harris are very nice guys to talk to, I've me them a couple of times. Most of the other cast members I've met have also been great. They tend to do more for you if you request a dedicated autograph (probably because they know you're less likely to sell it). However, I wasn't impressed with Dave Prowse, or Peter Mayhew, when I met them, signing autographs just seemed like too much effort, despite the money they were raking in.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:30 am

Couldn't agree more about Dave Prowse. Didn't talk to me at all and as can be seen in the photo below was more interested in discussing his Rolex with someone else. Bit disappointing, more so considering his autograph was the most expensive of the three. (He even spelled Captain Needa wrong No ) Alan Harris even did a little dance for my daughter. Very Happy 

[img]Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales P8310067_zps6d2b8d85[/img]

Nice to see a Dalek up close, although my little one wasn't so sure.

[img]Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales P8310070_zpsbec42af7[/img]

Back to top Go down
Grant_C
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant_C

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:02 am

Robert Englund was terrifying. Brought back some childhood trauma. Told me to to 'take a nap'.

Still scary after all these years.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Hehe. There was a good Freddy impression walking round the hall as well as some quality totty.

Not sure what all the black leather & corset wearing ladies had turned up for, but i didn't find myself complaining.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:10 pm

@Section 8 wrote:
Not sure what all the black leather & corset wearing ladies had turned up for, but i didn't find myself complaining.

lol! 

Wouldn't it be nice if there were "Black Leather Babes" at all events thinking 

Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales Adrian12

at the grocery store , DMV , quick shops ... no matter where you go ... BAM , Black Leather Babe's asking "can I help you" or "would you like fries with that" ... yes , I would like some fries with that shake please :cool laugh: 

what a perfect world it could be What a Face
Back to top Go down
Grant_C
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant_C

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:22 pm

One things for sure. They weren't from Llandrindod Wells Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Great pickups there. Congrats Smile 
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:38 pm

@Section 8 wrote:
Couldn't agree more about Dave Prowse. Didn't talk to me at all and as can be seen in the photo below was more interested in discussing his Rolex with someone else. Bit disappointing, more so considering his autograph was the most expensive of the three. (He even spelled Captain Needa wrong No )
I was disappointed when I meet him in my LCS, He signed the photo then smudged the ink so you could not read it that well when handing it to me, I asked if I could have another and he just looked at me and said yes if I paid.
At that point I just grabbed my print and said "don't kin worry about it" I have never been to another signing from then on.

As a side note I did meet Megadeth once and they were brilliant, they were talking to us all for ages and posing for pictures.

Other than that there are some great pics of this event, I have never been but if what I have planned comes of I will be visiting a few more of these type of events.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:50 pm

I wouldn't let Prowse put you off. The vast majority appreciate the attention and are more than willing to talk, laugh and take as many of your own photo's as you like.

I tell friends my claim to fame is that I've kissed the woman from Star Wars. As they coo over my good fortune, they don't realise it was Caroline Blakiston (Mon Mothma). :cool laugh: 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:11 pm

It sounds like we've met a lot of the same actors. Have you been collecting signed SW photo's for a while?
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:57 pm

I've been to a few SW conventions, but is often the same cast members that turn up. Also for some reason there is a convention void in Lancashire. There are one or two sci fi events, but no major Star Wars convention. I'd have thought Manchester or Liverpool would be a perfect spot for a big convention but never seems to happen. The big american cast members rarely come to the UK so will likely have to travel even further to get those. Saying that, I equally enjoy getting the small part character signatures. Millions must have Vaders signature, but far less have General Madine's.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:20 pm

@Section 8 wrote:
I equally enjoy getting the small part character signatures. Millions must have Vaders signature, but far less have General Madine's.
I agree with you there, plus they are usually more affordable. Wink 

I've only attended 3 small conventions, but, I've managed to get 16 autographs which I'm really pleased with.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:50 am

16 is a nice haul for just 3 events. There's a small event in Manchester which is the next target. Only a few minor characters turning up though. Chris Muncke and Anthony Forrest if i remember rightly. Still is the only event near home and two more to add to the collection.

I could have got Brian Blessed's autograph at Cardiff, but due to his demand of £20 per signing I've decided to stick to the vintage Trilogy.

Billy Dee Williams (Lando) is at an upcoming event in the UK, but is likely too far for me to travel for one signature. No 
Back to top Go down
Grant_C
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant_C

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:24 pm

There's a fist full of ewok autographs to pick up at the lando event. I think it's worth it for lando.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm

If I had my way I'd go. Seeing though I don't drive I have to convince the wife to take me. Usually quite easy seeing though she's a Dr Who & SW's fan, but Milton Keynes is a fair drive.
Back to top Go down
Grant_C
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant_C

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:09 pm

If your after autographs- this is a great site to plan trips:

http://starwarsactorappearances.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks, I've come across that site before when looking at events. We need more up north. I've a good mind to start a campaign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales   Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Comic Convention 2013, Wales

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1