The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:31 am

What i want to know is who is going to get the movie rights for this? whos going to get the leading acting roles?
And who will be the director?

Im tipping Quintin Tarantino as director.

Id like to see Leslie Chow as JJ, and im still undecided who could play TT?
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:37 am

rofl ++ given. this one realy did putt  '' more than a smile on my face  :cool laugh:  rofl
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 am

First and foremost, my condolences to the collectors/collections that are troubled by these findings.

I had one encounter with an alleged TT counterfeit and it was a Boba Fett high grade UKG piece. August 2012 at the CVI "private room sales." It was offered at a fairly reasonable rate but I remember the bubble seal being a red flag and ultimately the reason why my friend Jeff and I both passed. Something didn't seem right and I thought that perhaps the bubble in question was altered/damaged in transit because it was graded and deemed authentic. I called my friend Jeff last night and prior to turning him onto these findings I asked him to recount that piece we passed on and he remembered exactly what he didn't like about it.

A few observations:

Big thanks to those who finally exposed this mess and guys like Mattias and others who are doing work to catalog the traits of these counterfeits.

This situation carries potential legal ramifications regarding fraud and I don't know a lawyer who would advise their client(s) to answer emails or respond publicly regardless of their involvement. The fact that any of the accused clowns replied to an email or posted a public message concerning these allegations is beyond my comprehension and speaks volumes about their intellectual capacity.

AFA/UKG is not liable... for the same reason JSA and PSA/DNA are not liable for mistakenly authenticating a forged signature. For example, PSA/DNA states in their letter of authenticity: This item has been examined by one or more PSA/DNA experts. On behalf of Collectors Universe, it is our considered opinion that the signature(s) is/are genuine. Considered "expert" opinion... that's all you're paying for. I imagine AFA/UKG fall under this umbrella. The alleged counterfeit pieces have riddled the community/experts for a while.. apparently both sides of the fence were swindled. Humans make mistakes, period.

I'm also bothered by other collectors that are in the "know" who are potentially trying to save their asses by pawning these pieces off to unsuspecting collectors on eBay. Karma is a swift kick to the nuts, may it be reminded.

One thing is certain. The vintage Star Wars collectors/community is one savvy group and while many have tried to cheat... it seems that over time, the community bands together and exposes these twats for what they are.

Last edited by Mike_Z on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:55 am

Arthurs role could be played by the guy that Played Bernie on weekend at Bernies lol.

Disney should be jumping all over this, this could be included in the new SW's movies, maybe Will Ferrell could play TT, he would be a great match up with Leslie Chan.. ?
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:08 am

this one is poping up in my ....

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 3410-backdrop
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:15 am

@Mike_Z wrote:

One thing is certain. The vintage Star Wars collectors/community is one savvy group and while many have tried to cheat... it seems that over time, the community bands together and exposes these twats for what they are.

can't agree more with you,well said
Back to top Go down
bedheadjulian
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
bedheadjulian

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks Josh, for your summary. I tried to read the thing end-to-end on my own and just got a migraine and a stiff neck, Wink
I wonder if there would be some way of spotting the fakes through Black-Light or some other scanning process. I would suspect the glues used by Kenner and the glues used by TT are probably not exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Great summary, from our local reporter!!

Thank you, Josh!  Very Happy 

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 Newspaper-reporter-at-typ-010
Source: http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2012/nov/30/leveson-journalism-students-regulation
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:31 am

I have been trying to work out if the Clipper Dengar cards Toni has are dodgy or not.
Can people check this thread on RS and see if they think my theory is sound?

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1104900-4/#post19294127
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:47 am

eBAy list of figures Toni has bought compared to what he has on his website.

eBAy List
Hoth Stormtrooper x
2-1B
FX-7
Luke Farmboy Brown hair
Stormtrooper x
Logray x
Bossk                                              
Rebel Commander
Lobot x
C3PO x

Red * indicates matches with what has been bought figurewise on eBAy.

GERMAN  BACK GENERAL MILLS  
esb stormtrooper c9+  £135 photo    *
esb leia hoth c7.5 £155 photo
esb rebel soldier c8 £110 photo
esb white bespin guard  c8 £120 photo
esb atat commander c8.5 £155  photo
esb  fx7 c8.5 photo  £220                                 *
esb ig88   c8.5 photo  £220
esb rare powerdroid  c8.5 £100 photo  
esb rare c3po   c8.5  £100 photo                    *
esb han hoth  c8.5 £100  photo
rotj  cloud car pilot 45 back c8  £110 photo  
esb han solo c8.5  £125 photo
esb cloud car pilot  c8.5 £100 photo  
esb stormtrooper c8.5  £110 photo
esb ben kenobi white hair  c8.5 £115 photo
esb black besp guard  c8.5 £85 photo
esb leia bespin   c8+ £110 photo
esb  yoda brown snake palitoy  c8  £135 photo sold  *
esb  yoda orange snake palitoy  c8 £165 photo        *
esb  chewbacca  c8.5 £100 photo  
esb at at driver  c8.5 £100 photo
esb rebel commander c8  £85                                  *  
esb rebel soldier  c8   photo SOLD
esb han bespin  c8.5 £100.
esb bossk  c8.5  100 photo   *
esb r2d2  c8.5 £100 photo
esb 21b  c8.5 £100 photo
DUTCH CLIPPER
esb dutch clipper dengar c8.5    £295 photo
esb dutch clipper walrus man c9  photo  sold
esb dutch clipper rebel commander c8.5 £110 photo    *
esb dutch clipper white bespin guard c8.5  £110  photo
esb dutch clipper hammerhead c8.5 £195 photo

Palioty

ESB
45b-bossk factory punched 8.5 photo   £100                          *
45b-tie pilot 8.5 photo   £125
45b atat driver c8 £65  sold

ROTJ
65c atat driver c9  £100
45c yoda c8 photo SOLD                                                          *
45c boba fett color variation c8.5   photo £370
45c boba fett  c8.5 photo £295
65 c r2d2 c9 photo SOLD
65 leia boushh  photo SOLD
45 bossk c8.5 photo SOLD
45c death star droid  c8.5  photo  SOLD
65 luke hoth c8.5 unpunched £95 SOLD
65 logray c8.5  photo £55                                                                              *
65 gamorrean guard  c8 photo £50
65 han hoth 8 £55 photo
45c lobot c9. factory punched  £65 photo  
65 c3po   8.5 unpunched £60 photo                                                *
65 hoth stormtrooper 8.5 factory punched £65 photo                              *
65 walrusman  8.5 £90  photo

SOLD
45b-chewbacca 8.5 photo  
20 back walrusman c 9 photo  
65  atat driver c8   photo  
45c 21b c9 photo sold                                                                              *
45c han solo c8.5  photo sold
65 hoth stormtrooper 8.5 factory punched twin stem bubble variant   photo  
65 c han bespin c9.5 photo  
12 back    luke skywalker c9+ photo
12 back   chewbacca c8.5+/c9  photo  
12 back death squad commander  c9.5    photo  
41back-r5d4 card c9+ bubble c7 photo  
45a- back luke bespin orange hair c9  photo  
41 back lobot c8  photo                                                       *
45a - han bespin c9 minus  photo  
45b- ig88 card c9+ bubble c7  photo  
45a- atat commander c9+  UP photo £70
30 back- yoda  photo  
41back- boba fett c9.5  photo  
45b- boba fett  c9 photo  cfp photo  
65 leia boushh c8 photo  
65 -leia hoth c9 photo  
65 -leia boushh c9 photo  
65 - luke jedi c8.5 photo  
45c-yoda  c8.5  photo               *
.45c-han solo c9  photo  £75
45c- luke skywalker yellow hair c9
45c -death star droid  factory punched c9
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 am

Aint all photos on tonis site stockphotos?
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:20 am

I believe so.

Honestly, I have just about given up trying to work this out. Seems most people are happy to sit back and let someone else try and figure it all out. Trying to generate any sort of discussion on the issue is like pulling teeth unless you are on SWFUK. I am just glad I only have 1 card that's effected maybe. I guess I shouldn't bother worrying about anybody else. Seems to be the go when these sorts of things happen. Given the magnitude of what could be going down I can only say I find it puzzling so FEW people actually seem to give a flying fuck about it.
Anyway. That's me done trying to work any of this out. Not wasting anymore time on something that apparently isn't that much of a big deal.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:48 am

Josh, just wanted to say you have done a great job,
your work hasnt gone unnoticed i am sure.
I cant offer any discussion on the affected items, i dont have any.
Without saying what i really think about this,
i dont see this being so black and white as its being made out to be.

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:55 am

""Ignore much of the commentary on RS and TIG as it is inaccurate with multiple post by members who are banned from here who are only interested in causing drama and hysteria. Some have even being PM'ing members on here trying to generate multiple conspiracies.

G'day mate.  Laughing"" Grant Maulster

Seriously, after this, from fuck wit over there. I want this thread removed. Get rid of it. Leave it up to tossers like him to work it out for all I care.
This hobby is seriously full of some of the biggest fucken back stabbing, double crossing, dog cunts I have ever met.

And for your info you fucken spanner. I was banned from that forum for asking questions, Certainly none that were as imposing as the ones being asked of another so called respected member of the community right now, Toni. A bit like Joe Y I was banned for questioning the big man of that forum. And no doubt because Joe O can't stand me. Go eat a dick you fucken cock sucker.

Last edited by Josh on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:03 am

And just so it's known. Richard has generated the discussion with me from day 1. I didn't want a fucken thing to do with you SWFUKheads. HE was the first to message me on RS. He sent me a message saying it was good to see me back, HE sent me a message from FF4 telling me it doesn't look good. So hardly ME pressing him for info. My only mistake is to believe I could discuss with him in confidence. Once again proven wrong by a SWFUKhead. Seriously, some of you are so fucking desperate it ain't funny.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:14 am

@Josh wrote:
Seems most people are happy to sit back and let someone else try and figure it all out
I couldn't keep up with 100 pages. For me lots of holes in the discussions. 25000 items? 1000 AFA MOCs at most, the tri logos are all good?? Tested MOCs came via Joiner!!
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:14 am

Ok Josh if you want to go that way.

Yes I contacted you on RS as I believe I was wrong accusing you of stuff on SWFUK. I thought you accepted my apology. We also shared some personal stories and I have always given people a fair chance. I did this as someone posted if we all had a drink together we'd probably get on and I agreed. Yes I shared stuff with you from FF4. You had some good questions which I knew wouldn't be responded to so , some of which I agreed with were good ideas, and tried to find out. I'd rather get on with as many people as possible but I guess sometimes I do waste my time.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:19 am

Delete this thread please. Can stick your Star Wars forums up your fucken arse. Not sure why I even bothered coming back to this BS.
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:20 am

And to correct Josh nothing personal was shared with anyone. I'm not a twat and just tried to find some info. I told Josh in pm that the person I was talking to guessed we were talking and I didn't and still don't care about that as I'm not interested in the petty squabbles that have been going on in the past.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:29 am

Well why the fuck don't you cunts ever call out that fucken idiot when he spews his shit? You never do. He's like the village idiot over there. The court Jester. Fucken tool he is. He makes a post saying I am causing shit yet that IS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING!

Believe me I would love to sort our differences out face to face. Fact is we can't. But that weak cunt can't even bitch about me where I can reply. Which is BS. And my so called friends in the hobby say f-all. Some fucken friends if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:38 am

Wow
This thread did a real turn here
I dont know whats going on over at swfuk in the past but just so u know josh im really thankful to all u guys with more knowledge and years in the hobby than me tries to help the community understand this mess.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:44 am

Please delete.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:59 am

Josh there's information in this thread that shouldn't be removed? So I see no need to delete.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:09 am

No, you can delete it, James. Or delete my posts. Move what you think is relevant over to the threads on SWFUK or into another one on here. I don't want my name attached to this shit anymore. I am sure with brains like Maulster on the case this should be solved in no time. But it doesn't bother me if we find out more or not. $400 down the drain for me, meh! I am not going to die. Lesson learnt. I am not like these cunts who cry over $2 worth of postage, or some PayPal fees. Not having to rob money from mums handbag to pay for my goodies. Money is money. It comes and it goes.
Back to top Go down
itfciain
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 am

Josh - your input on both here and RS has been fantastic and Grant was wrong to post what he did - and to be fair to him it has now been removed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-