The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comSearchRegisterLog in

Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bedheadjulian
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
bedheadjulian

Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:06 pm

Well this isn't really a technical goof-up but I always got a kick out of this scene in ROTJ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFkdQVPxsHk
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:06 pm

OK... watching ESB right now....
Chewie gets thrown into a cell and they give him C-3PO's parts? Why?
Couldn't that provide Chewie with an upper hand in which he could use to escape?
Its not like they gave him a 150 piece puzzle to pass the time... they gave him a freakin robot?  Rolling Eyes

Very Happy
cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 8:53 am

@Section 8 wrote:
was the remastered version so had the ghost of young bell end of a Anakin Skywalker next to an aged Obi Wan & Yoda.

@ least it wasn't the Blu Ray version with Vader saying "No.. No... Noooo!" as he decides to kill his boss. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 8:59 am

... and no blinking Ewoks either.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 9:49 am

@Section 8 wrote:
was the remastered version so had the ghost of young bell end of a Anakin Skywalker next to an aged Obi Wan & Yoda.

Surely Luke would be like... Hey who the fuck is that? Not like he ever new what his dad looked like when he was young, and why more to the point?

Well George claims that it was Anakin's ghost from before he turned to the Dark Side, back to when he was good, didn't he just turn good again by killing the Emperor and saving his son??? Also the young ghost is Episode III Anakin, you know, the kid killing, clearly on the dark side path one  Razz

@Section 8 wrote:
Wish this thread hadn't started. I just watched the end of ROTJ again for the second day running and noticed numerous errors.

Me too, and I started it! My first post was blown out quicker than an X-Wing's escape pod! which they actually have by the way! Shame they never put them in the other ships, or maybe they did but the rebels just preferred to go down with there ships rather than live on to fight the couse! Just that despite seeing numerous stricken ships through out the films no one ever bothers to eject? Maybe Genius George was limited by the technology at the time, but then again no one ejects in the prequel trilogies either, unless you count that guy from the ARC-170 at the beginning of Episode III, but kind of just looks more like he's missing his pod  Razz   :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:14 am

One A-Wing taking out The Executor?  Seriously?!!!

You almost start to think that the engineers of the Empire were ordered to build in Achilles' heel design flaws.....

...AT ATs being destroyed by one shot, Super Star Destroyers taken down by one collision, Death Stars being blown to pieces by one single proton torpedo....
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:18 am

Do you know what the worst part is Marco???? Why didn't that A-Wing Pilot eject??? He had loads of time  Razz 
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 9:00 pm

For years the A-Wing taking out The Executor has bugged me. On the one hand I get it. Shields were taken out and he blasted the bridge in his last ditch death middle finger to the Empire. Very heroic. But you'd think on a ship that's 19,000 meters long would have a secondary command center somewhere.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:48 pm

It was most likely below the main bridge the imperial ship designers are not to swift. Like hey they blew up the first death star by hitting a 2 meter wide whole so they made the new one which had a hole big enough to fly the falcon through to blow it up lol
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:24 am

Where did Leia get that dress?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:40 am

@psybertech wrote:
how about when the gang is blasting their way out of Mos Eisley, all the good guy's blasters are knocking huge chunks off the walls and ceiling as they miss their targets, but when they hit the Stormies, the Stormies just basically go "ouch" and die. Neutral
Most of the damage from the blasters in Ep. IV seem to do that from both the good guys and baddies. Super powerful on non-live objects.
Its like the blasters are meant to obliterate concrete and space-metal, but just barely harm flesh.  unsure 

The armor can absorb the blast, concrete can't.

And my nerd card for 2014 is renewed. Glad I got it out of the way early Smile

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 12:56 pm

@Dr Dengar wrote:
Where did Leia get that dress?

at a little known shop on the dark side of Endor ...
Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 Black_10
Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 The_ga10

It's where all the most fashionable Ewok's shop  What a Face 
Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 Ewokch10
Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 Ewok_c11
Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 13778510

Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 90003010
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Do Nerf Herders use Nerf Guns?
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:31 pm

@Thundershot wrote:
Do Nerf Herders use Nerf Guns?

yes  Wink 

Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 Ahr0cd10
Back to top Go down
bedheadjulian
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
bedheadjulian

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:50 am

@kisstour03 wrote:
For years the A-Wing taking out The Executor has bugged me. On the one hand I get it. Shields were taken out and he blasted the bridge in his last ditch death middle finger to the Empire. Very heroic.  But you'd think on a ship that's 19,000 meters long would have a secondary command center somewhere.
It's totally plausible dude, just look at 9-11. Hmmmmmmm, wait a minute!... Suspect 
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:40 am

I was just checking out you tube and came across this it was just to funny the way this guy did this. and it falls into the things that make no sense, like the gonk droid that is tortured and feels pain really it's a robot  doh

Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:28 am

@arohk wrote:
I was just checking out you tube and came across this it was just to funny the way this guy did this. and it falls into the things that make no sense, like the gonk droid that is tortured and feels pain really it's a robot  doh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNAPNN3cuHw

I bet George had thought ahead about this long before he'd even written the scripts... or, even if he hadn't, some uber-geek has written like a 10 page article over on Wookiepedia explaining the complexities of Droid anatomy & their nervous systems. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:38 am

I seem to recall reading, in the 70's film adaptation novel, that C-3PO had olfactory sensors so he could 'smell'.. I think it refers to him turning it off when Ben was cremating the Jawa's.. (it's been well over a decade since I read it, so could be wrong) so droids having some rudimentary kind of pain receptors could be feasible, why else would Artoo scream when he gets shot?

affraid Jeez.. I'm starting to take this all far too seriously, it's just a fantasy movie aimed primarily@ 12 year olds
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:01 pm

I completely forgot about artoo's scream lol it would make sense though I forgot we do have that technology now for prosthetics so people can feel hot/cold etc. so It does make sense that a droid could feel pain damn I think it is true that George really did do lots of thinking to make it as believable as possible from what I read about him from way back when Smile. I did however like the way he talked about the good/dark side of the force though you get mad your evil like the way he was referring to Anakin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread   Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eject to where??? The Star Wars Stupid Bits Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2